Does anyone else like the current band members better than Axl?

Georgy Zhukov

If you judge by their live performances axl is the weak link but in studio I still think he would be able to sing some strong vocals and he's probably the best writer. But if you only look at the live performances he have to step it up a bit.

Bumbulfoot play old GNR covers,Buckethead and Finck covers,Hey Ya and some others covers,Mariah Carrey covers

WHAT A TALENT !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

it must be hard not even being able to open doors with that IQ :(

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Satanisk_Slakt

Bumbulfoot play old GNR covers,Buckethead and Finck covers,Hey Ya and some others covers,Mariah Carrey covers

:huh:

But regarding the Hey Ya cover - that wasn't a scream or a whistle or any other nonesense noise that shows a lack of control of voice in whistle register. It was clearly a distinctive powerful note. And from that alone, it's pretty clear that Ron has Axl beat in the vocal range category atleast.

That was technically impressive, let me know if you find some more examples. I am currently trying to involve some vocal guys to give me Bumblefoot's range. Range is of course not determined only by the highs, but by the lows as well. It's going to be interesting. Maybe we have two 4 octave wonders in the same band :)

As a bloke you can't really fault Bumble, he's a top lad. Tommy Stinson i love just from being in The Replacements but i don't think Tommy GnR is as mental as Tommy Replacement. Fortus i don't think i've ever seen or heard a single word from, same with Frank, who by the way is a spitting image of Paul McCartneys drummer (no, not fuckin' Ringo :lol:) Ashbas just a bit of a dud character really, nothing much to say worth listening to...hmm, who else, who else is in the fuckin band? Dizzy, meh...

And Axls just Axl...so yeah, as a bloke, it'd probably be Bumblefoot or Tommy, more likely Tommy. Tommy i like better than the lot of em, always will :)

Richard rarely speaks so you kinda tend to forget about him but when I saw them live last week...Fuck :shocked: Richard is AMAZING! The energy and attitude he has when playing his guitar, I've never seen anything like it. He really blew me away!

ja det krävs ju IQ för att öppna dörrar

Guest Broskirose
But regarding the Hey Ya cover - that wasn't a scream or a whistle or any other nonesense noise that shows a lack of control of voice in whistle register. It was clearly a distinctive powerful note. And from that alone, it's pretty clear that Ron has Axl beat in the vocal range category atleast.

That was technically impressive, let me know if you find some more examples. I am currently trying to involve some vocal guys to give me Bumblefoot's range. Range is of course not determined only by the highs, but by the lows as well. It's going to be interesting. Maybe we have two 4 octave wonders in the same band :)

Do you know what Axl's lowest note is so there is something to compare to on that end? Like, what song?

Well, Axl's the only one of them that I've not met/spoken to and the rest were all fantastic guys so I'd have to agree with the opening statement, but that's not a slur against Axl... it's just that I don't know the guy. In terms of music/performance, I've always been inclined to take everyone in the band as they come and not build some nonsensical hierarchy of preference based on who was in the band first, so yeah... I like some of them better than Axl in that department as well, but once again this is a reflection of how good they are rather than something which should be taken as a slur against Axl.

So much unnecessary bile in a lot of this thread though.

Do you know what Axl's lowest note is so there is something to compare to on that end? Like, what song?

Voice type: Low Baritone

Sung range: (C♯1-)G♯1-G5(-C♯7)

Significant high notes (Falsetto):

C♯7: ("Coma")

A6: ("The Garden")

G6: ("My World")

G♯5: ("Chinese Democracy", "Scraped")

Significant high notes (Full):

G5: ("I.R.S.", "Rocker (Hollywood Rose)", "Sailing (Wembley 2006)", "Knockin' On Heaven's Door (Istanbul 2006)", "Welcome to the Jungle (Rock in Rio 2001)")

F♯5: ("Rocker", "Right Next Door to Hell", "Reckless Life (Hollywood Rose)", "I.R.S", "Nightrain", "There Was a Time", "Street of Dreams", "Prostitute", "Shackler's Revenge", "You're Crazy", "It's So Easy", "Perfect Crime", "Garden of Eden", "Riad N' The Bedouins", "Knockin' On Heaven's Door" (countless live versions))

F5: ("You Could Be Mine", "Think About You", "Anything Goes (Hollywood Rose demo version)", "Rocket Queen", "Scraped", "If The World", "Chinese Democracy")

E5: ("Killing Time", "Better", "Madagascar", "I.R.S.", "Anything Goes (Hollywood Rose demo)", "Stuck Inside", "We Will Rock You (Live at Freddie Mercury Tribute Show)")

E♭5: ("Welcome to the Jungle", "Sweet Child O' Mine", "Anything Goes", "Patience", "You're Crazy", "This I Love", "Don't Cry", "It's So Easy", "Back Off Bitch", "Nightrain")

D5: ("Prostitute", "If The World", "Dead Horse", "Shadow of Your Love", "Rocker", "Reckless Life", "Nice Boys", )

C♯5: ("Paradise City", "Since I Don't Have You", "I Don't Care About You", "Out Ta Get Me", "Sweet Child O' Mine")

Significant low notes:

F♯2: ("Sweet Child O' Mine", "Paradise City")

E2: ("Locomotive", "Perfect Crime")

E♭2: ("You Ain't the First", "So Fine", "Back Off Bitch")

D2: ("Garden of Eden", "Sorry (Live)")

C♯2: ("Shackler's Revenge", "Dust N' Bones", "Double Talkin' Jive", "Scraped", "Back Off Bitch", "Pretty Tied Up")

C2: ("Ain't Going Down", "Bad Apples", "Oh My God")

B1: ("Breakdown", "Don't Cry", "There Was a Time")

B♭1: ("Coma", "Bad Apples", "Back Off Bitch")

A1: ("Get in the Ring", "Love Is (A Bitchslap)")

G♯1: ("Look At Your Game, Girl")

F♯1: ("There Was a Time")

Source: http://therangeplace.forummotion.com/t1135-axl-rose

As a bloke you can't really fault Bumble, he's a top lad. Tommy Stinson i love just from being in The Replacements but i don't think Tommy GnR is as mental as Tommy Replacement. Fortus i don't think i've ever seen or heard a single word from, same with Frank, who by the way is a spitting image of Paul McCartneys drummer (no, not fuckin' Ringo :lol:) Ashbas just a bit of a dud character really, nothing much to say worth listening to...hmm, who else, who else is in the fuckin band? Dizzy, meh...

And Axls just Axl...so yeah, as a bloke, it'd probably be Bumblefoot or Tommy, more likely Tommy. Tommy i like better than the lot of em, always will :)

Richard rarely speaks so you kinda tend to forget about him but when I saw them live last week...Fuck :shocked: Richard is AMAZING! The energy and attitude he has when playing his guitar, I've never seen anything like it. He really blew me away!

Yeah, isn't he just brilliant? His having a broken didn't come as a shock, it had to happen some day :lol: I remember being quite shocked first time I saw them live, about how crazy he was. And that he never ran out of energy. That's one reason why the left side is so entertaining :D

Yeah, isn't he just brilliant? His having a broken didn't come as a shock, it had to happen some day :lol: I remember being quite shocked first time I saw them live, about how crazy he was. And that he never ran out of energy. That's one reason why the left side is so entertaining :D

Totally agree! I'm a DJ lover but I still prefer standing on Richard's side so that says a lot :)

And Axls just Axl...so yeah, as a bloke, it'd probably be Bumblefoot or Tommy, more likely Tommy. Tommy i like better than the lot of em, always will

Yeah, isn't he just brilliant? His having a broken didn't come as a shock, it had to happen some day :lol: I remember being quite shocked first time I saw them live, about how crazy he was. And that he never ran out of energy. That's one reason why the left side is so entertaining

Totally agree! I'm a DJ lover but I still prefer standing on Richard's side so that says a lot :)

Woah, I thought you always picked the right side. You improve! :D But seriously, now I got depressed again. I wan't my place at the barrier, to the left, my spot. Why in Norway, why not in Tolouse? :scared: Freaking out, haha...

Yup, cos DJ comes over there LOADS anyway - best of both worlds!

Guest Satanisk_Slakt

I understood your words, but what makes you think that DizzyReedsexmachine has got a low IQ?

Edited by Satanisk_Slakt

I never said Spash is shit.

Spash

Yeah, you never said...

If you still haven't gotten over the fact

Where is your prove?

Just your moron opinion, that's all...

but what makes you think that DizzyReedsexmachine has got a low IQ?

Maybe because the grammar or something

or the constant Bumbulfoot etc. shit

Guest Satanisk_Slakt

Good English skills = high IQ? :question:

Guest Broskirose
I never said Spash is shit.

Spash

Yeah, you never said...

Ok?

If you still haven't gotten over the fact

Where is your prove?

Just your moron opinion, that's all...

Several examples of "proof" have been posted throughout the thread but, this is an ongoig proccess and I can assure more is to come. It is not my opinion. I am not talking about who I prefer. I am talking about who is technically better. You do not seem to understand what the word technically means. You keep referencing the Tokyo 1991 DVD and I'm sorry, but if you think that is a technical display of brilliance, I really don't know what to say.

Even if what I was talking about was a matter of opinion, you've got a lot of nerve to call it a "moron" one. But, please continue your unhealthy obsession.

or the constant Bumbulfoot etc. shit

DizzyReedsexmachine is one of the best, and smartest posters in internet history. And lol, you're one to talk about grammer.

Edited by Broskirose

Oh, that's a genuine reason for me to give examples, indeed. That'd be awesome if both were proven 4 octave wonders (As Axl already is...) :)

Gotta give a few more examples later, but there ya go...

Two more including Running Fkn Wild w/ Frank on drums!

https://www.facebook.com/video/video.php?v=10150122984583824

Guest Satanisk_Slakt

DizzyReedsexmachine is one of the best, and smartest posters in internet history.

Agreed. He's also one of the funniest.

Guest Broskirose

What is the whistle register and what does it have to do with a singer being good?

The whistle register is the highest register of the human voice and almost impossible for males to sing in. Being able to do so for a man is one in a million and extremely difficult.

And Axls just Axl...so yeah, as a bloke, it'd probably be Bumblefoot or Tommy, more likely Tommy. Tommy i like better than the lot of em, always will

Richard rarely speaks so you kinda tend to forget about him but when I saw them live last week...Fuck Richard is AMAZING! The energy and attitude he has when playing his guitar, I've never seen anything like it. He really blew me away!

Yeah, isn't he just brilliant? His having a broken didn't come as a shock, it had to happen some day I remember being quite shocked first time I saw them live, about how crazy he was. And that he never ran out of energy. That's one reason why the left side is so entertaining

Woah, I thought you always picked the right side. You improve! But seriously, now I got depressed again. I wan't my place at the barrier, to the left, my spot. Why in Norway, why not in Tolouse? Freaking out, haha...

No, only been on the right side once. Hardly only DJ is there, even Axl rarely came there to sing! :( So left side is much better now that you can't be in the middle of front row unless you got VIP tickets. Was on the left side in Rotterdam and Germany and it was great :)

Ugh, I know what you mean. It's so depressing being back in Denmark again. I just wanna go see more shows!

I understood your words, but what makes you think that DizzyReedsexmachine has got a low IQ?

because of the post... and it was you know... a joke :P

I'm still trying to figure out if he's serious or if he's a cupcake :lol: