It's Weird how some movie stars swim in the fountain of youth, but Rock stars age not as well

habs

If you look at movie stars that are born in the same era as Axl and other Rock stars, most of those actors are able to keep a youthful face and a fit body, but most rock stars gain weight or loose their youthful face?

Edited by habs

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They don't need to look pretty :D... also some rockstars don't gain weight, like Keith Richards, Steven Tyler, Joe Perry, Duff etc.... they actually look so leather-y, cause they don't have much fat in their bodies. If you don't have much body fat, your wrinkles are more prominent.

Guest Satanisk_Slakt

Rockstars usually live a bit... harder.

Also, the movie stars you're referring to has most likely got both botox and surgeries done.

If you look at movie stars that are born in the same era as Axl and other Rock stars, most of those actors are able to keep a youthful face and a fit body, but most rock stars gain weight or loose their youthful face?

First, take into account something like steroids can be taken by an actor, they're not in sports, and the older actors get, there's always someone younger that can get their job. An actor can take 9 months off to get ready for a big movie, and all they need to do is be ready when the film is being shot.

You never hear about actors raising money to pay off someone's medical bills, the way you see for musicians.

Edited by dalsh327

Actors have to look good most of the time, it's their job (next to acting of course).

Smoking, alcohol and drugs wear people out. You'll look older a lot faster.

My father used to smoke a lot and drink heavy too. By the age of 50 he looked like 70.

Be warned :D

Edited by Lethalis

I disagree...actually I believe that most rock stars age well, especially if they keep doing the (hard) drugs that keep them thin.

The issue is that Axl has aged TERRIBLY - he's hardly recognizable by old fans these days, got fat and out of shape and his really "weird hair" doesn't help either. Not to mention the terrible double-chin he developed for the past few years... The problem is even bigger for someone like Axl who used to be a sex-symbol for the girlies and an inspiration model for the boys.

A few examples, all around Axl's age, that have aged really well:

Jon Bon Jovi @50

00219b8247170ea872bf05.jpg

Anthony Kiedis (Red Hot Chili Peppers) @49

anthony-kiedis-treats-magazine-launch-party-1XuIXO.jpg

Eddie Vedder @48

356_l.jpg

Then again you have guys like the Roling Stones, ALL still thin and in general goodshape going into their 70's after life-long abuse of drugs & alchool. :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Guess not everybody ages the same, bur as I said before, I'm still amazed at how good many old rockers still look after doing so many drugs, partying, etc.

Axl just isn't blessed with good genes I'm afraid.... For christ sake just take a look at Slash, Duff , Izzy, Matt Sorum, Dizzy Reed, & Gilby Clarke - they're all about the same age as Axl, and they're aging much better.

Movie stars do not drink everyday like most rockstars do to overcome the pressure of touring.

Yeah- touring is so strenuous. Private jets, people to do everything for you 5star hotels, yes men all around you, chicks at your disposal left & right, and a 3 hr concert maybe 3-4 times a week to interfere with everything else. Must suck.

Movie stars do not drink everyday like most rockstars do to overcome the pressure of touring.

Boredom kicks in for musicians on the road, and if they have an out of control habit, it's going to show up on stage. Same with athletes, there's way more pressure for them than there is a musician, but a singer running into trouble with their voice can shut the whole show down. If a guitarist or drummer busts his hand, a tech can fill in just to get through the show. There's no plan B for a frontman.

Thing is, TV shows and movies can be edited, a double stands in, and you can re-record someone slurring their words. When it's a TV show taped before an audience, they can go for 6 hours sometimes, edited down to 22-25 minutes. Same with movies. It's patchwork and can be fixed in the editing room.

If someone's doing Broadway or live TV, it's no different than a rock concert.

The pressure of touring for a road crew is different, if there's anyone under pressure, they are. They have to make sure all sorts of shit is set up and broken down so nothing falls on the band or the audience. Something like pyros - no one's ever going to forget what happened to Great White's audience in Rhode Island. Doesn't matter if it's in a club or a stadium, pyros are pyros. Even the best firework companies have had out of control situations happen.

Either way, they're all performers, have to be a the top of their game and put on a good impression if they want people coming back.

I think Axl would look WAY better if the lost weight, lost the hat, the glasses, the raincoat, the mustache and didn't have that weird hairdo. IMO.

He needs to lose the bandana, the hat, the mustache and glasses and some weight. If he did all this and had just his long hair, perhaps with a stubbly beard or even a full beard, out he'd look good. In 2006 when he was a bit thinner he looked EXACTLY the same as the early 1990s except with braids.

I don't think his current hairstyle is weird. Long hair suits Axl more than braids or short hair ever did.

I think Axl would look WAY better if the lost weight, lost the hat, the glasses, the raincoat, the mustache and didn't have that weird hairdo. IMO.

He needs to lose the bandana, the hat, the mustache and glasses and some weight. If he did all this and had just his long hair, perhaps with a stubbly beard or even a full beard, out he'd look good. In 2006 when he was a bit thinner he looked EXACTLY the same as the early 1990s except with braids.

I don't think his current hairstyle is weird. Long hair suits Axl more than braids or short hair ever did.

He's surely thinner now on this leg? Certainly looks it.

Pic?

Alot of those Hollywood people have all different plastic surgery procedures done and don't tell anyone about it.

As for some rockers, I think the hard drinking and drugging they all did back in their 20's catches up with them as they age. Even if you're a smoker you age faster than a non smoker.

Everyone needs to begin taking care of their skin at an early age, but many people don't do it and they get sun damage too.

Anyway, aging is a part of life and although you should try to take care of yourself, I don't think getting plastic surgeries is the answer. Many people look so fake and like dolls when they get stuff done. It's downright scary! lol

Look at Joan Rivers and Wayne Newton! lol

I think if Axl is doing something to take care of his lines, he better take care not to do too much. I think Axl will age okay. Most men do anyway.

Pic?

Axl-Rose-in-2012-007.jpg

Can always upload some of mine from the London show.