It's Weird how some movie stars swim in the fountain of youth, but Rock stars age not as well

habs

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Rolling Stones, age 50.

chron1993.jpg

Axl clearly aged better then them.

They all look considerably more...dignified than Axl there. And IMO, Mick looks way better than Axl does now.

Edited by Angelica

I always likened Axl to Dickinson. Not so much now....Dickinson looks great. So does Springsteen....both older than Axl. Axl just doesn't have the genes. He has the small town farm boy genes....gets the "big face/jowel" and the gut.

I always likened Axl to Dickinson. Not so much now....Dickinson looks great. So does Springsteen....both older than Axl. Axl just doesn't have the genes. He has the small town farm boy genes....gets the "big face/jowel" and the gut.

Bad genes or not, I'm fairly confident he'd look better if he hadn't had work done. The anti-ageing procedures very, very rarely work the way they're intended. People who age terribly (but naturally) almost always wind up looking better than the botox brigade.

Edited by Angelica

He'd look better if he hadn't had work done. The anti-ageing procedures very, very rarely work the way they're intended.

He didn't have work done. He just got fat.

i766w5za8.jpg

AxlTransform1.jpg

axl-rose-erin-everly.jpg

axluomovogue10.jpg

Edited by Indigo Miser

He'd look better if he hadn't had work done. The anti-ageing procedures very, very rarely work the way they're intended.

He didn't have work done. He just got fat.

AxlTransform1.jpg

axl-rose-erin-everly.jpg

axluomovogue10.jpg

Agree- I used to be on the 'he had work done' camp. Now I agree- he couldn't push the fork away or mix in a salad...too many donuts.

568129299qa.jpg

tumblr_m4hqszJzde1qcbsv9o1_r1_1280.jpg

Now in 2006 he looked pretty much the same as 1994 and 1991 and was thinner...and in 2012 (bottom pic) he looks pretty much the same as 2006 except for a sagging jawline...That pins it down to...no, not surgery....Just too many roast lamb sandwiches and square melons

I think the OP's theory is complete BS. I've always thought the opposite. If anything, musicians live lives with the least amount of stress. No reason to get lines or grey hairs. Look at Joe Perry at 61, he's only shown a little bit of grey in recent years. I'm in my 20s and I got grey hair.

442873-joe-perry-d-aerosmith-a-ete-victime-637x0-2.jpg

The best example is Thurston Moore of Sonic Youth (the word Youth in the band name is just a coincidence).

427px-Thurston_Moore_at_the_Brooklyn_Book_Festival.jpg @ 50 years old

Yeah, not buying it... :rofl-lol:

axl1.jpg

568129299qa.jpg

You're using that picture to argue against the idea he's had work done!?

Yeah....? It's an odd picture taken at an odd angle, but it matches up well with a similar picture from this year.

Also, ever considered video quality with regard to the basketball game? Even the guy who is interviewing him looks slightly blurred, his features. Everything in the video is softened a bit, it has to do with both the age of the video, the fact that it was compressed when uploaded to youtube, and the original quality of the video.

Like here:

The video isn't as sharp as a photo, or even real life, would be....

Edited by Indigo Miser

axl1.jpg

568129299qa.jpg

Yeah....? It's an odd picture taken at an odd angle, but it matches up well with a similar picture from this year.

Also, ever considered video quality with regard to the basketball game? Even the guy who is interviewing him looks slightly blurred, his features. Everything in the video is softened a bit, it has to do with both the age of the video, the fact that it was compressed when uploaded to youtube, and the original quality of the video.

He's got fewer lines and wrinkles there than he had in 1993!?!

axl1.jpg

568129299qa.jpg

It's not exactly like he had a face full of wrinkles....

19940119photo04.jpg

axl_cross.jpg

Edited by Indigo Miser

axl1.jpg

568129299qa.jpg

19940119photo04.jpg

axl_cross.jpg

Well, he was 32 then! The fact that his skin looks smoother two decades later sort of supports the 'work done' theory.

Edited by Angelica

axl1.jpg

568129299qa.jpg

19940119photo04.jpg

axl_cross.jpg

Well, he was 32 then! The fact that he has fewer two decades later sort of supports the 'work done' theory...

He doesn't have fewer though...About the same.....

Also, it actually doesn't support the "work done" theory, Angelica. Everyone ages differently, for one. Secondly, everything can effect the way someone looks in a photo, lighting, the camera used, settings, etc...I've had pictures taken where I look like I have wrinkles here or there...and then adjusted the setting and done the same expression and looked more wrinkled, or less...Now picture that with all different kinds of cameras snapping pictures over a near 30 year period, using all different settings, in all different lighting and you're gonna get a lot of different looks...There's some pictures from say 1988 where Axl looks totally different than he did in 1993, and others from the same period where he looks the same. Not only that, take into account skin care, lifestyle changes, less stress, differences in diet, weight changes, etc...In 1993 Axl was either on or had just come off a massive and stress filled 2 and a half year tour, that's something significant to take into account. The pictures I've seen of Axl from 1995 and 1996 he looks much less wrinkled.

It's also not unusual for some people to just not wrinkle as much as others. I have a brother in law who's 43 and looks exactly the same as he did when he was 20, no wrinkles...And my mother looked the same at 38 as she did at 18, not a single line, and her father at 52 looked almost exactly the same as age 29 except fatter...None of them had plastic surgery or work.

Edited by Indigo Miser

Drinkers and smokers dont age very well. There's probably been a facelift somewhere along the line.

Smokers can actually age very well...All down to genetics, hygiene, levels of stress, general body care, physical condition etc...Lots of factors at work in how someone ages. There's some people for example, some men who are 70 but slap some black hair dye on them and they look 20 years younger etc.

Edited by Indigo Miser

Also, it actually doesn't support the "work done" theory, Angelica. Everyone ages differently, for one. Secondly, everything can effect the way someone looks in a photo, lighting, the camera used, settings, etc...I've had pictures taken where I look like I have wrinkles here or there...and then adjusted the setting and done the same expression and looked more wrinkled, or less...Now picture that with all different kinds of cameras snapping pictures over a near 30 year period, using all different settings, in all different lighting and you're gonna get a lot of different looks...There's some pictures from say 1988 where Axl looks totally different than he did in 1993, and others from the same period where he looks the same. Not only that, take into account skin care, lifestyle changes, less stress, differences in diet, weight changes, etc...In 1993 Axl was either on or had just come off a massive and stress filled 2 and a half year tour, that's something significant to take into account. The pictures I've seen of Axl from 1995 and 1996 he looks much less wrinkled.

It's also not unusual for some people to just not wrinkle as much as others. I have a brother in law who's 43 and looks exactly the same as he did when he was 20, no wrinkles...And my mother looked the same at 38 as she did at 18, not a single line, and her father at 52 looked almost exactly the same as age 29 except fatter...None of them had plastic surgery or work.

...and his brow line in the nba video is a result of its poor quality...yeah, we're gonna have to agree to disagree here. :shrugs:

Drinkers and smokers dont age very well. There's probably been a facelift somewhere along the line.

Smokers can actually age very well...All down to genetics.

Smoking is bad for the skin. Scientific fact.

Tell that to my brother in law who has been smoking since he was about 15 and is 43 and looks the same as he did at 20...Who doesn't even have the money for surgery even if he wanted it.

...and his brow line in the nba video is a result of its poor quality...yeah, we're gonna have to agree to disagree here. :shrugs:

My dad has jowls and wrinkles aplenty yet we have a professionally shot home movie where he looks like his face isn't at all jowly and he doesn't have a single wrinkle, whereas you look at photos from the same period, same day even and he looks closer to how he does in life.

Smokers can actually age very well...All down to genetics.

Smoking is bad for the skin. Scientific fact.

Tell that to my brother in law who has been smoking since he was about 15 and is 43 and looks the same as he did at 20...Who doesn't even have the money for surgery even if he wanted it.

Did his balls ever drop?

J/k. I don't like to engage in "I know so and so" because for all I know, it's more made up internet bullshit. No offense.

Show me a well known smoker that aged well without work. Then find one case where the smoker has skin as smooth as decades before without work. You are kind of arguing against a well established scientific fact now. The facial skin is being starved of oxygen by the nicotine on the face.

But again, I don't really care. It's a little odd to obsess over another man's face about whether he had work done. Unless you're female, of course. I just don't buy that he is some special ager.

Axl has aged strangely - he seemed to age very well up to 93-94 maintaining his youth looks & hair, then when he reappeared in RIR 01 he looked bloated and weird - even the hair was quite different from before.

Then in 06 he seemed fit and looked generally good, except for the infamous dread locks. If he had his old hairstyle back then he'd look pretty much like heyday Axl.

In 09 he surfaced once again looking the most bloated ever - his face was almost deformed and even sported a big double-chin that wasn't there before... His hair although better than in 06 still seemed weird looking and in bad health. It was a hugely different Axl for the worst. :confused:

IMO Axl could improve his looks massively if he'd got in shape, done something (surgery) to disguise the double-chin and treated his hair.