Welcome to mygnrforum.com Guns N' Roses Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

It's Weird how some movie stars swim in the fountain of youth, but Rock stars age not as well

• Please log in to reply
59 replies to this topic

Snowmass

Snowmass

SUPER GOD

• Returned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,264 posts
  • 22-October 08
I always likened Axl to Dickinson. Not so much now....Dickinson looks great. So does Springsteen....both older than Axl. Axl just doesn't have the genes. He has the small town farm boy genes....gets the "big face/jowel" and the gut.
Sail away sweet sister...sail across the sea...maybe you'll find someone who'll love you half as much as me...

Angelica

Angelica

FRONTMAN

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,900 posts
  • 09-June 05

I always likened Axl to Dickinson. Not so much now....Dickinson looks great. So does Springsteen....both older than Axl. Axl just doesn't have the genes. He has the small town farm boy genes....gets the "big face/jowel" and the gut.

Bad genes or not, I'm fairly confident he'd look better if he hadn't had work done. The anti-ageing procedures very, very rarely work the way they're intended. People who age terribly (but naturally) almost always wind up looking better than the botox brigade.

Edited by Angelica, 16 June 2012 - 09:09 PM.

citizendick_zpsf312adb4.jpg

A compliment for us, is a compliment for you

Vincent Vega

Vincent Vega

FRONTMAN

• Banned
  • 12,662 posts
  • 30-March 06

He'd look better if he hadn't had work done. The anti-ageing procedures very, very rarely work the way they're intended.

He didn't have work done. He just got fat.
Posted Image
Posted Image

Posted Image
Posted Image

Edited by Indigo Miser, 16 June 2012 - 09:21 PM.

-Member formerly known as Mr. Miser/Honky Chateau/Memnoch the Devil/Indigo Child/Clark Gable/Virgil Caine-
GUNS N' ROSES = AXL, SLASH, IZZY, DUFF, STEVEN

Snowmass

Snowmass

SUPER GOD

• Returned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,264 posts
  • 22-October 08

He'd look better if he hadn't had work done. The anti-ageing procedures very, very rarely work the way they're intended.

He didn't have work done. He just got fat.
Posted Image

Posted Image
Posted Image

Agree- I used to be on the 'he had work done' camp. Now I agree- he couldn't push the fork away or mix in a salad...too many donuts.
Sail away sweet sister...sail across the sea...maybe you'll find someone who'll love you half as much as me...

Vincent Vega

Vincent Vega

FRONTMAN

• Banned
  • 12,662 posts
  • 30-March 06
Posted Image
Posted Image

Now in 2006 he looked pretty much the same as 1994 and 1991 and was thinner...and in 2012 (bottom pic) he looks pretty much the same as 2006 except for a sagging jawline...That pins it down to...no, not surgery....Just too many roast lamb sandwiches and square melons
-Member formerly known as Mr. Miser/Honky Chateau/Memnoch the Devil/Indigo Child/Clark Gable/Virgil Caine-

Rustycage

Rustycage

FRONTMAN

• Members
  • 7,976 posts
  • 23-March 04

? Those cheeks....I dunno.

Angelica

Angelica

FRONTMAN

• Members
  • 6,900 posts
  • 09-June 05
Yeah, not buying it... :rofl-lol:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C5eFa6vUr-g

Posted Image

Posted Image

You're using that picture to argue against the idea he's had work done!?

Edited by Angelica, 16 June 2012 - 09:39 PM.

Rustycage

Rustycage

FRONTMAN

• Members
  • 7,976 posts
  • 23-March 04
He definitely looks morphed in the early 2000's but I don't really care.

Snowmass

Snowmass

SUPER GOD

• Returned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,264 posts
  • 22-October 08
If he had work done look out- another lengthy lawsuit coming.

crackerjack

crackerjack

• Returned
  • Pip
  • 26 posts
  • 20-October 10
I think the OP's theory is complete BS. I've always thought the opposite. If anything, musicians live lives with the least amount of stress. No reason to get lines or grey hairs. Look at Joe Perry at 61, he's only shown a little bit of grey in recent years. I'm in my 20s and I got grey hair.
Posted Image

The best example is Thurston Moore of Sonic Youth (the word Youth in the band name is just a coincidence).
Posted Image @ 50 years old

Vincent Vega

Vincent Vega

FRONTMAN

• Banned
  • 12,662 posts
  • 30-March 06

Posted Image

Posted Image

Yeah....? It's an odd picture taken at an odd angle, but it matches up well with a similar picture from this year.
Also, ever considered video quality with regard to the basketball game? Even the guy who is interviewing him looks slightly blurred, his features. Everything in the video is softened a bit, it has to do with both the age of the video, the fact that it was compressed when uploaded to youtube, and the original quality of the video.
Like here:

The video isn't as sharp as a photo, or even real life, would be....

Edited by Indigo Miser, 16 June 2012 - 09:48 PM.

Angelica

Angelica

FRONTMAN

• Members
  • 6,900 posts
  • 09-June 05

Posted Image

Posted Image

Yeah....? It's an odd picture taken at an odd angle, but it matches up well with a similar picture from this year.
Also, ever considered video quality with regard to the basketball game? Even the guy who is interviewing him looks slightly blurred, his features. Everything in the video is softened a bit, it has to do with both the age of the video, the fact that it was compressed when uploaded to youtube, and the original quality of the video.

He's got fewer lines and wrinkles there than he had in 1993!?!

Vincent Vega

Vincent Vega

FRONTMAN

• Banned
  • 12,662 posts
  • 30-March 06

Posted Image

Posted Image

It's not exactly like he had a face full of wrinkles....
Posted Image
Posted Image

Edited by Indigo Miser, 16 June 2012 - 09:57 PM.

Angelica

Angelica

FRONTMAN

• Members
  • 6,900 posts
  • 09-June 05

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image
Posted Image

Well, he was 32 then! The fact that his skin looks smoother two decades later sort of supports the 'work done' theory.

Edited by Angelica, 16 June 2012 - 10:05 PM.

Vincent Vega

Vincent Vega

FRONTMAN

• Banned
  • 12,662 posts
  • 30-March 06

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image
Posted Image

Well, he was 32 then! The fact that he has fewer two decades later sort of supports the 'work done' theory...

He doesn't have fewer though...About the same.....
Also, it actually doesn't support the "work done" theory, Angelica. Everyone ages differently, for one. Secondly, everything can effect the way someone looks in a photo, lighting, the camera used, settings, etc...I've had pictures taken where I look like I have wrinkles here or there...and then adjusted the setting and done the same expression and looked more wrinkled, or less...Now picture that with all different kinds of cameras snapping pictures over a near 30 year period, using all different settings, in all different lighting and you're gonna get a lot of different looks...There's some pictures from say 1988 where Axl looks totally different than he did in 1993, and others from the same period where he looks the same. Not only that, take into account skin care, lifestyle changes, less stress, differences in diet, weight changes, etc...In 1993 Axl was either on or had just come off a massive and stress filled 2 and a half year tour, that's something significant to take into account. The pictures I've seen of Axl from 1995 and 1996 he looks much less wrinkled.

It's also not unusual for some people to just not wrinkle as much as others. I have a brother in law who's 43 and looks exactly the same as he did when he was 20, no wrinkles...And my mother looked the same at 38 as she did at 18, not a single line, and her father at 52 looked almost exactly the same as age 29 except fatter...None of them had plastic surgery or work.

Edited by Indigo Miser, 16 June 2012 - 10:11 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users