Welcome to mygnrforum.com Guns N' Roses Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

It's Weird how some movie stars swim in the fountain of youth, but Rock stars age not as well

• Please log in to reply
59 replies to this topic

Rustycage

Rustycage

FRONTMAN

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,981 posts
  • 23-March 04
Drinkers and smokers dont age very well. There's probably been a facelift somewhere along the line.

Vincent Vega

Vincent Vega

FRONTMAN

• Banned
  • 12,662 posts
  • 30-March 06

Drinkers and smokers dont age very well. There's probably been a facelift somewhere along the line.

Smokers can actually age very well...All down to genetics, hygiene, levels of stress, general body care, physical condition etc...Lots of factors at work in how someone ages. There's some people for example, some men who are 70 but slap some black hair dye on them and they look 20 years younger etc.

Edited by Indigo Miser, 16 June 2012 - 10:13 PM.

-Member formerly known as Mr. Miser/Honky Chateau/Memnoch the Devil/Indigo Child/Clark Gable/Virgil Caine-
GUNS N' ROSES = AXL, SLASH, IZZY, DUFF, STEVEN

Rustycage

Rustycage

FRONTMAN

• Members
  • 7,981 posts
  • 23-March 04

Smokers can actually age very well...All down to genetics.

Smoking is bad for the skin. Scientific fact.

Angelica

Angelica

FRONTMAN

• Members
  • 6,900 posts
  • 09-June 05

He doesn't have fewer though...About the same.....
Also, it actually doesn't support the "work done" theory, Angelica. Everyone ages differently, for one. Secondly, everything can effect the way someone looks in a photo, lighting, the camera used, settings, etc...I've had pictures taken where I look like I have wrinkles here or there...and then adjusted the setting and done the same expression and looked more wrinkled, or less...Now picture that with all different kinds of cameras snapping pictures over a near 30 year period, using all different settings, in all different lighting and you're gonna get a lot of different looks...There's some pictures from say 1988 where Axl looks totally different than he did in 1993, and others from the same period where he looks the same. Not only that, take into account skin care, lifestyle changes, less stress, differences in diet, weight changes, etc...In 1993 Axl was either on or had just come off a massive and stress filled 2 and a half year tour, that's something significant to take into account. The pictures I've seen of Axl from 1995 and 1996 he looks much less wrinkled.

It's also not unusual for some people to just not wrinkle as much as others. I have a brother in law who's 43 and looks exactly the same as he did when he was 20, no wrinkles...And my mother looked the same at 38 as she did at 18, not a single line, and her father at 52 looked almost exactly the same as age 29 except fatter...None of them had plastic surgery or work.

...and his brow line in the nba video is a result of its poor quality...yeah, we're gonna have to agree to disagree here. :shrugs:

citizendick_zpsf312adb4.jpg

A compliment for us, is a compliment for you

Vincent Vega

Vincent Vega

FRONTMAN

• Banned
  • 12,662 posts
  • 30-March 06

Tell that to my brother in law who has been smoking since he was about 15 and is 43 and looks the same as he did at 20...Who doesn't even have the money for surgery even if he wanted it.

He doesn't have fewer though...About the same.....
Also, it actually doesn't support the "work done" theory, Angelica. Everyone ages differently, for one. Secondly, everything can effect the way someone looks in a photo, lighting, the camera used, settings, etc...I've had pictures taken where I look like I have wrinkles here or there...and then adjusted the setting and done the same expression and looked more wrinkled, or less...Now picture that with all different kinds of cameras snapping pictures over a near 30 year period, using all different settings, in all different lighting and you're gonna get a lot of different looks...There's some pictures from say 1988 where Axl looks totally different than he did in 1993, and others from the same period where he looks the same. Not only that, take into account skin care, lifestyle changes, less stress, differences in diet, weight changes, etc...In 1993 Axl was either on or had just come off a massive and stress filled 2 and a half year tour, that's something significant to take into account. The pictures I've seen of Axl from 1995 and 1996 he looks much less wrinkled.

It's also not unusual for some people to just not wrinkle as much as others. I have a brother in law who's 43 and looks exactly the same as he did when he was 20, no wrinkles...And my mother looked the same at 38 as she did at 18, not a single line, and her father at 52 looked almost exactly the same as age 29 except fatter...None of them had plastic surgery or work.

...and his brow line in the nba video is a result of its poor quality...yeah, we're gonna have to agree to disagree here. :shrugs:

My dad has jowls and wrinkles aplenty yet we have a professionally shot home movie where he looks like his face isn't at all jowly and he doesn't have a single wrinkle, whereas you look at photos from the same period, same day even and he looks closer to how he does in life.
-Member formerly known as Mr. Miser/Honky Chateau/Memnoch the Devil/Indigo Child/Clark Gable/Virgil Caine-
GUNS N' ROSES = AXL, SLASH, IZZY, DUFF, STEVEN

Rustycage

Rustycage

FRONTMAN

• Members
  • 7,981 posts
  • 23-March 04

Tell that to my brother in law who has been smoking since he was about 15 and is 43 and looks the same as he did at 20...Who doesn't even have the money for surgery even if he wanted it.

Did his balls ever drop?

J/k. I don't like to engage in "I know so and so" because for all I know, it's more made up internet bullshit. No offense.

Show me a well known smoker that aged well without work. Then find one case where the smoker has skin as smooth as decades before without work. You are kind of arguing against a well established scientific fact now. The facial skin is being starved of oxygen by the nicotine on the face.

But again, I don't really care. It's a little odd to obsess over another man's face about whether he had work done. Unless you're female, of course. I just don't buy that he is some special ager.

trqster

trqster

GOD

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,400 posts
  • 08-August 06
Axl has aged strangely - he seemed to age very well up to 93-94 maintaining his youth looks & hair, then when he reappeared in RIR 01 he looked bloated and weird - even the hair was quite different from before.
Then in 06 he seemed fit and looked generally good, except for the infamous dread locks. If he had his old hairstyle back then he'd look pretty much like heyday Axl.

In 09 he surfaced once again looking the most bloated ever - his face was almost deformed and even sported a big double-chin that wasn't there before... His hair although better than in 06 still seemed weird looking and in bad health. It was a hugely different Axl for the worst. :confused:
IMO Axl could improve his looks massively if he'd got in shape, done something (surgery) to disguise the double-chin and treated his hair.

Old-timer Gn'R fan since '88... 

Georgy Zhukov

Georgy Zhukov

Marshal of the Soviet Union

• SILVER
  • 16,317 posts
  • 13-August 11
Axl looked like my seventh grade science teacher in 2006.

What is up with the retarded guy Axl is handing his mic too?

Madridista

Madridista

Full

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 308 posts
  • 07-June 12
I think you need to age gracefully. No plastic surgery. Be proud of who you are. So what if you got wrinkles? Are wrinkles something to be ashamed of? NO

Fans don't care about wrinkles, they only care about the music. Now, I'll say it again. Axl would look way better if he lost the hat, the glasses, the raincoat and the mustache.

The yellow raincoat we wore in that Rock in Rio video makes him look a little bit like a child molester in disguise, IMO :rofl-lol:

Just lose some weight, shave and wear a tshirt and jeans on stage.

Done.

MB.

MB.

SUPER GOD

• SILVER
  • 3,930 posts
  • 15-December 08
What if he had some botox? Big deal! Not like botox is forever, maybe he experimented a bit. It holds for like 6 months. Ofcourse nothing to be ashamed for getting older, but also nothing against getting rid of some annoying wrimkles for a littlebit longer.
In the NBA shot he looks like he had some, but he also looks weird, like he had been ill.
Nowadays, I don't think he has botox, or at least not much. But even if he has, I don't care and I would understand.
The picture of him with the down syndrome guy is really sweet by the way.

Edited by MBRose, 17 June 2012 - 08:09 AM.

Madridista

Madridista

Full

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 308 posts
  • 07-June 12
Is that pic with the Down Syndrome's guy photoshopped?

trqster

trqster

GOD

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,400 posts
  • 08-August 06

Is that pic with the Down Syndrome's guy photoshopped?

WTF? :confused:

You guys don't know Bubbles from Trailer Park Boys?

http://en.wikipedia....ailer_Park_Boys

Old-timer Gn'R fan since '88... 

Madridista

Madridista

Full

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 308 posts
  • 07-June 12
Never heard of them :shrugs:

Carburetta

Carburetta

Full

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 485 posts
  • 01-July 07
Axl has without question had some work done, any one arguing differently is delusional or in denial. It is not normal for a fifty year old to not have a single line on their face. The NBA video he looks about eighteen, not thirty nine. Face lift/botox/whatever I can't comment but it sure ain't natural.

Val22

Val22

SUPER GOD

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,316 posts
  • 23-November 08

The Rolling Stones, age 50.
Posted Image

Axl clearly aged better then them.

Ha ha, not really fair to compare the Stones to anyone because these guys always looked horrible from the beginning! lol

I remember seeing The Beatles on the Ed Sullivan show and how cute they were. Then the following week here come the Stones and it was like, yuck! lol None of them were cute even then. At least they got their teeth fixed as they got older, but Keith Richards has always looked like a corpse and he really looks like the walking dead now.

At least Axl was always nice looking and I think he'll age okay. As for his look with the hats, etc., I've looked at earlier pictures of Axl and he seems to have always wore different hats and had a beard and mustash sometimes too.

I really doubt that Axl cares about what people think of his look. He liks it and that's what matters. Do we have to please other people with the way we look? I don't think so, I know I don't give a shit what people think about me, but then again, the older you get that's one cool thing about it, you don't give a shit what people say about you. As long as you're comfortable in your own skin, which I think Axl is, that's all the matters in life.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users