Welcome to mygnrforum.com Guns N' Roses Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

Does anybody else think that New GNR without Bucket was kind of like Maverick without Goose or Mickey without Minnie for Axl?

• Please log in to reply
62 replies to this topic

Randy Lahey

Randy Lahey

FRONTMAN

• Returned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,646 posts
  • 29-June 06
Does anybody else think that New GNR without Bucket was kind of like Maverick without Goose or Mickey without Minnie for Axl? I can't help but think we'd have had that trilogy by now if Axl's wingman was still by his side. Even the jokers who designed the Chinese Democracy booklet got it right when they put Axl and Buckethead side by side.
Posted Image
Welcome To The Jungle of Smooth Flamenco Beatz
Dre Day will make Axl's payday.

Crash Diet

Crash Diet

FRONTMAN

• Banned
  • 5,177 posts
  • 22-October 11
Strange, i wonder about this in nowadays.
I think we'd have had that trilogy by now if Axl's wingman was still by his side.
And with Finck

Best post ever: Damn_Smooth about DJ Ashba

Damn_Smooth, on 20 Aug 2014 - 11:36 PM, said:

I'm butthurt that that jackass lives in a house like that. I don't have any talent either, why don't I have a mansion?

ARX77

ARX77

Full

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 472 posts
  • 04-January 12

Does anybody else think that New GNR without Bucket was kind of like Maverick without Goose or Mickey without Minnie for Axl? I can't help but think we'd have had that trilogy by now if Axl's wingman was still by his side. Even the jokers who designed the Chinese Democracy booklet got it right when they put Axl and Buckethead side by side.

In regards to NuGuns the only non-original member that casual people are aware of is Bucket. Most casual fans dont know his work and mock his appearance but in the end at least people know who he is 10 years later... Were as most casual fans dont have a clue who 4tur or stinson or even DJ are.
If you hunger for what you see you'll take it eventually
You can have everything you want but you better not take it from me

Chewbacca

Chewbacca

FRONTMAN

• Members
  • 5,405 posts
  • 23-December 10
Perhaps. Bucket didn't have to leave in order to continue his amazing solo project.

I'M HALF THE MAN I USED TO BE  25jhz46.gif THIS I FEEL AS THE DAWN IT FADES TO GRAY

axlsalinger

axlsalinger

GOD

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,402 posts
  • 02-April 05
It's very hard to say. GNR circa 2002 with the Bucket could have been huge and forged a brilliant second chapter in GNR's career but for whatever reasons it got all fucked up and fell apart.

Bumblefoot was a pretty awesome replacement, though. The reason New GNR doesn't do anything other than sporadic touring, is all on Axl.

"Nothing here is Subject To Change.

Without A PERMANENT SUSPENSION of the "Pseudo Studio Musician Work Ethic."

Sincerely, W. Eddie Vedder

"Love boat captain, take the reins and steer us towards the clear. Here."

Randy Lahey

Randy Lahey

FRONTMAN

• Returned
  • 15,646 posts
  • 29-June 06
That's true. New GNR to the general public is Axl and that guy with the KFC bucket on his head.
Posted Image

Nosaj Thing

Nosaj Thing

最期の終止符

• SILVER
  • 15,006 posts
  • 28-January 11
Buckethead and Robin Finck defined the new era of Guns N' Roses. Sad they are long gone now.

Posted Image

Goddamn it! Fuckin' Game of Thrones, man.

Axl_morris

Axl_morris

FRONTMAN

• SILVER
  • 6,980 posts
  • 03-February 05
as good as he was, he did not suit GNR. he was fuckin weird and his guitar playing was to technical and video game/industrial for gnr.

#cut4bumblefoot

Vincent Vega

Vincent Vega

FRONTMAN

• Banned
  • 12,662 posts
  • 30-March 06
I wonder why Axl doesn't try to bring Bucket or Robin back.
-Member formerly known as Mr. Miser/Honky Chateau/Memnoch the Devil/Indigo Child/Clark Gable/Virgil Caine-
GUNS N' ROSES = AXL, SLASH, IZZY, DUFF, STEVEN

Randy Lahey

Randy Lahey

FRONTMAN

• Returned
  • 15,646 posts
  • 29-June 06

as good as he was, he did not suit GNR. he was fuckin weird and his guitar playing was to technical and video game/industrial for gnr.

That's why I specifically said New GNR. Old GNR is its own entity and it hasn't been in the public eye for nearly 20 years at this point.
Posted Image

AxlRose14

AxlRose14

DEMI-GOD

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,747 posts
  • 28-February 09

Because they don't want to come back. Robin recently played a show with them as a special guest, so he's cool with the band, but he obviously wants to do NIN more than GNR. Bucket doesn't want to be a part of GNR because to him (like many other fans) GNR was originally the Axl/Slash show. In his mind, it should have therefore transitioned to the Axl/Bucket show.

I mean hell, the guy was with ozzy osbourne for what, a day?! Can't mix that weirdo with any ego...or else!

Crash Diet

Crash Diet

FRONTMAN

• Banned
  • 5,177 posts
  • 22-October 11

Because they don't want to come back. Robin recently played a show with them as a special guest, so he's cool with the band, but he obviously wants to do NIN more than GNR. Bucket doesn't want to be a part of GNR because to him (like many other fans) GNR was originally the Axl/Slash show. In his mind, it should have therefore transitioned to the Axl/Bucket show.

I mean hell, the guy was with ozzy osbourne for what, a day?! Can't mix that weirdo with any ego...or else!

He doesn't want to be a replacement at all. He is more creative than GNR ever was. (yes, i write this as a GNR fan more than a Bucketfan)
They guy released 40? albums since he quit from GNR?
So this would be better for him, but Axl and NuGNR... That's another thing.

Best post ever: Damn_Smooth about DJ Ashba

Damn_Smooth, on 20 Aug 2014 - 11:36 PM, said:

I'm butthurt that that jackass lives in a house like that. I don't have any talent either, why don't I have a mansion?

Chewbacca

Chewbacca

FRONTMAN

• Members
  • 5,405 posts
  • 23-December 10

It's very hard to say. GNR circa 2002 with the Bucket could have been huge and forged a brilliant second chapter in GNR's career but for whatever reasons it got all fucked up and fell apart.

Bumblefoot was a pretty awesome replacement, though. The reason New GNR doesn't do anything other than sporadic touring, is all on Axl.

This. Great post.

Buckethead and Robin Finck defined the new era of Guns N' Roses. Sad they are long gone now.

+1 :thumbsup:

I'M HALF THE MAN I USED TO BE  25jhz46.gif THIS I FEEL AS THE DAWN IT FADES TO GRAY

downzy

downzy

OH MY GOD

• MOD SQUAD
  • 4,068 posts
  • 18-February 06
Judging by the number of threads started by Randy Lahey and Indigo Miser, I'm not sure who thinks about GNR more? Seriously guys, do you have anything else on your minds besides GNR at any point during the day?

Cheers,

Andrew

UK SUBS

UK SUBS

FRONTMAN

• Admins
  • 11,952 posts
  • 03-October 03
Stupid title Randy' - shame, interesting topic!
Note to people complaining - this thread will be moved to new section of a re-structured forum when the changes happen so R E L A X

I love Bucket' and honestly? I do miss him from both a recording and live perspective.

------------------------------------------

SUPPORT #manchesterdogshome !!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users