Does anybody else think Axl should commemorate the 25th Anniversary of AFD by playing the album in its entirety on the next leg of the CD Tour?

Randy Lahey

Does anybody else think Axl should commemorate the 25th Anniversary of AFD by playing the album in its entirety on the next leg of the CD Tour? I think it would be a great way to sell more tickets in North America if he were to do this. I know I'd personally be excited to hear the album in its entirety if they are planning on continuing the CD Tour without new music anyway.

Edited by Randy Lahey

Does anybody else think Axl should commemorate the 25th Anniversary of AFD by playing the album in its entirety on the next leg of the CD Tour? I think it would be a great way to sell more tickets in North America if he were to do this. I know I'd personally be excited to hear the album in its entirety if they are planning on continuing the CD Tour without new music anyway.

i think he should do something for the anniversary. maybe do a ppv and play the complete album, that would be sweet.

i think he should do something for the anniversary. maybe do a ppv and play the complete album, that would be sweet.

with special guests like Izzy and Duff

I doubt that would sell more tickets, in the US anyway. It's not just about the songs, it's about the players. Sure hearing AFD live in its entirety would be great - by the guys who made the album. I'd have no interest in seeing it done by a cover band.

yes.

But i doubt he will ever perform Anything Goes again.

Think About You is a possibility.

there's only one album axl should be playing from start 2 finish on this leg of the tour and that's the 1st chinese democracy record. featurin' the returns of robin and brain 2 perform the album all the way through each night

Everyone knows the current band is my favorite lineup ever, but I have no interest to see them celebrate an album by playing it front to back when only one of them had anything to do with the album. Doing something like that would only further fuel the nostalgia act argument.

If Duff or Izzy wanted to partake though, well...:wub:

Everyone knows the current band is my favorite lineup ever, but I have no interest to see them celebrate an album by playing it front to back when only one of them had anything to do with the album. Doing something like that would only further fuel the nostalgia act argument.

Does it bother you that your favorite lineup ever will most likely never write, record and release an album of their own? My only hope is that they someday release the Buckethead album and these guys serve as Axl's backing band. Ideally, Bucket, Brain and Robin would come back to play the songs they helped write but I know that is not going to happen.

Edited by Randy Lahey

Does it bother you that your favorite lineup ever will most likely never write, record and release an album of their own?

I don't know where you're getting "most likely" from. The odds are 50/50. Either they will, or they won't.

Does it bother you that your favorite lineup ever will most likely never write, record and release an album of their own?

I don't know where you're getting "most likely" from. The odds are 50/50. Either they will, or they won't.

There may be only two options, but the odds are 50/50 only if one has the same probability of occurring as the other.

Does it bother you that your favorite lineup ever will most likely never write, record and release an album of their own? My only hope is that they someday release the Buckethead album and these guys serve as Axl's backing band. Ideally, Bucket, Brain and Robin would come back to play the songs they helped write but I know that is not going to happen.

I'd love an album from this lineup for sure, but I don't think I can say I'd be disappointed if I never get it. I've seen this lineup 5 times, and its always an absolutely incredible show. I travel literally all over the world to see my favorite band, and yet I've actually seen a GN'R show that absolutely blows even the best Maiden show I've ever seen out of the water; I sincerely doubt I'll ever see a concert in my life that was better than The Ritz gig in February. For that reason alone, I'd say I could never be disappointed whatever comes of the current lineup. Hope that makes sense :shrugs:

There may be only two options, but the odds are 50/50 only if one has the same probability of occurring as the other.

And we have no strong indication at this point that an album will definitely happen, nor it will definitely not happen. So 50/50 sounds about right to me.

i would actually love this idea. i know axl is the only one that has anything to do with appetite, but it would still be really great to see. its an album that should defiantly be celebrated and it was defiantly a big part of axl's life.

(i think itd be equally as cool to see slash, duff, izzy, steven do something for it be it together or separately)

appetite is just a great record, and something to celebrate its 25th anniversary would be cool

I'm sure knowing that Anything Goes was going to be played would send rock fans across the world into orgasmic explosions.

I think it would be better forward for Axl to move the new band forward and help them create an identity of their own, rather than living off of songs created by a completely different band. New music is the way to go.......not busting out 25 year old songs.