Welcome to mygnrforum.com Guns N' Roses Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

Izzy Stradlin should be a Traveling Wilbury.

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

Poll: Izzy Stradlin should be a Traveling Wilbury. (13 member(s) have cast votes)

Do you think Izzy could be a Traveling Wilbury?

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote Guests cannot vote

DeadSlash

DeadSlash

DEMI-GOD

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,569 posts
  • 13-March 06
Not as out of the blue as it seems, there was an Izzy vs Axl thread and I was remarking on how he didn't have any real distinct songs beside "Shuffle it all" (one of my top ten all time favorite songs.) I decided to break out his CD's and give them a fresh listen and it hit me how much he sounded like the Traveling Wilburys style. Especially his newest albums. I'm not sure everyone knows he has like 9 freaking albums, they are all worth a listen, but if you are looking for hard rock, you might be dissapointed. A lot of acoustic and shaking maracas type stuff but it's good.

Just to be clear, I don't think he is another Orbison, Harris, Petty or Dylan but he is solid and would bring a flavor to the band that would be unique to Izzy.

If you want to hear what I mean, the album "Fire" from Izzy is a good example.

Just curious.

For the love of all that is holy, DeadSlash is not negative in any way toward Slash.  It is a handle I used when the band was still together.  It's a reference to the skull with a top hat design from the Illusions albums. I like Slash and Axl.

hellobeatle

hellobeatle

Senior

• Returned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 522 posts
  • 24-February 06

Just to be clear, I don't think he is another Orbison, Harris, Petty or Dylan but he is solid and would bring a flavor to the band that would be unique to Izzy.

Izzy's good but not even in the same league as those guys - we're talking different sport altogether.

He's in the same "vein" as some of them as far as songwriter but we're talking a Beatle, Bob Dylan and Orbison. Petty was the weakest link and that's saying something because it's Tom fucking Petty.

Way over his head.

John Bonham

John Bonham

Moby Dick

• SILVER
  • 6,362 posts
  • 28-August 07
I'd like to see Izzy do something with Sir Paul
smiley_emoticons_zeppelin.gif

dalsh327

dalsh327

FRONTMAN

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,276 posts
  • 12-December 08

Izzy's good but not even in the same league as those guys - we're talking different sport altogether.

He's in the same "vein" as some of them as far as songwriter but we're talking a Beatle, Bob Dylan and Orbison. Petty was the weakest link and that's saying something because it's Tom fucking Petty.

Way over his head.

Petty was the one who had more hits than any of them in the 80s.

jmapelian

jmapelian

GOD

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,571 posts
  • 22-February 06
I'd like to see Izzy as a writing member of the Conspirators actually --- maybe even touring with the band if he can overcome is allergies to singers

IZZYISGNR

IZZYISGNR

Junior

• Returned
  • PipPip
  • 158 posts
  • 26-May 06
Izzy needs Slash and Axl to make great music. His solo albums are quite disappointing compared to his GNR work

Free Bird

Free Bird

Senior

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 581 posts
  • 11-August 12
Like Axl and Slash need Izzy

Johnny Drama

Johnny Drama

I WILL EAT YOUR PUPPY

• SILVER
  • 16,871 posts
  • 14-August 07
All three need each other for songwriting, melodies, interplay, great solos and essentially pushing each other that extra 10%.

But a Traveling Wilbury? Nah, that shit is boring in retrospect. Any Beatles solo shit just doesn't grab me at all except for Lennon. I don't think GN'R fans really appreciate how good the solo shit is.

KILL LENNY.

He's fighting for ISIS.

Dark Knight

Dark Knight

DEMI-GOD

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,359 posts
  • 12-August 12
Izzy needs Axl and Slash more then they need him
Formerly known as Son of a gun

Guest_RonMexico82_*

Guest_RonMexico82_*
  • Guests
  • --
Izzy with Tom Petty would be interesting.

DieselDaisy

DieselDaisy

FRONTMAN

• Members
  • 7,003 posts
  • 11-August 12
I disagree. Axl and Slash need Izzy more than he needs them.

Dark Knight

Dark Knight

DEMI-GOD

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,359 posts
  • 12-August 12

I disagree. Axl and Slash need Izzy more than he needs them.

The only Izzy album I like is Juju Hounds the rest are very inconsistent albums there are few great songs here and there but nothing special unfinished, unfocused Izzy needs Axl and Slash to build on his foundations chord progressions to make them great songs I`ll take Chinese Democracy and Contraband over izzy`s stuff even Juju Hounds any day of the week

DieselDaisy

DieselDaisy

FRONTMAN

• Members
  • 7,003 posts
  • 11-August 12
It is just musical opinion, isn't it. I would take the Ju Ju Hounds, 117 Degrees, Ride On etc. over Democracy and anything Slash's produced.

Dark Knight

Dark Knight

DEMI-GOD

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,359 posts
  • 12-August 12

It is just musical opinion, isn't it. I would take the Ju Ju Hounds, 117 Degrees, Ride On etc. over Democracy and anything Slash's produced.

Different strokes for different folks I guess

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users