Welcome to mygnrforum.com Guns N' Roses Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

Why Axl Rose deserves the name Guns N' Roses

• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

Acid Guns

Acid Guns

• Banned
  • Pip
  • 27 posts
  • 15-June 12
Axl Rose is fully entitled to and deserves to own and tour under the name 'Guns N' Roses'.

Many argue that Axl Rose is a douche for taking over the Guns N' Roses name and touring with the current band. I would disagree with that sentiment for a number of reasons:

Slash, Duff, Izzy and Steven were unprofessional addicts who lacked professionalism. The current band are more talented and will write the best rock album of all time. Chinese Democracy is the tip of a very large and successful iceberg.
"Bumblefoot's love making makes it way into his guitar playing. Slash's cheating ways makes it way into his too. Hence why it's so poor."

W. Adam S

W. Adam S

Senior

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 596 posts
  • 18-February 06
And he has better lawyers. Fact.
YNWA

Posted Image

saades

saades

Junior

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 110 posts
  • 05-January 12
because a lot of bands change
megadeth
deep purple
jethro tull
etc

ARX77

ARX77

Full

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 471 posts
  • 04-January 12

Axl Rose is fully entitled to and deserves to own and tour under the name 'Guns N' Roses'.

Many argue that Axl Rose is a douche for taking over the Guns N' Roses name and touring with the current band. I would disagree with that sentiment for a number of reasons:

Slash, Duff, Izzy and Steven were unprofessional addicts who lacked professionalism. The current band are more talented and will write the best rock album of all time. Chinese Democracy is the tip of a very large and successful iceberg.

Im not sure you really proved Axl was entitled to the name GNR... You gave your opinion of the ex members... Also when Izzy left he was sober. Many could argue how unprofessional Axl was/ is with showing up late for shows, causing riots and what not. What made the original GnR so great was that they were volatile and you never knew what was going to happen. But as time goes on that gets old to people. Axl has the legal right to do what he's doing and for the most part Im glad to see him preform. But the current guys in the band understand what they are and do not have aspirations to create the "best rock album of all time" (well maybe DJ does). They are hired to do a job and they do it well nothing more. I think if people understood that a little better there would be a lot less animosity around here.
If you hunger for what you see you'll take it eventually
You can have everything you want but you better not take it from me

Madridista

Madridista

Full

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 308 posts
  • 07-June 12
Oh, yes. Because showing up 2 hours late is very professional. ... because throwing a fit on stage and walking off halfway through the set is very professional
:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Jesus fucking christ...

Edited by Madridista, 15 June 2012 - 09:48 AM.

saber_

saber_

Axl Internet PR

• Supporters
  • 6,142 posts
  • 04-January 09
He deserves the name because Slash signed it over. That's what all the butthurt Slasholes are in denial about. Instead, they want to make up conspiracy theories about Axl using sophisticated mind games, subterfuge, and strategery to con poor drunken, smacked-out Slashie for the name. Unfortunately, by Slash's own repeated acknowledgement, he gave the name to Axl, plain and simple.

All the Slash fanboys want to blame Axl for all their problems, when in reality, it's the very person they worship who ceded control of the name to Axl. That's why Axl deserves the name.

kanudo19

kanudo19

Senior

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 936 posts
  • 22-August 10
why he deserves it's easy

he makes epic music, chinese democracy, it's the perfect sequel to uyi.
lisbon 6/10/2010 ; london 1/06/2012

volcano62

volcano62

FRONTMAN

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,728 posts
  • 16-February 09
He created the band...thats why.

I like this Acid Guns dude he speaks the truth.

why he deserves it's easy

he makes epic music, chinese democracy, it's the perfect sequel to uyi.

+1

Acid Guns

Acid Guns

• Banned
  • Pip
  • 27 posts
  • 15-June 12
Slash-holes :lol:

I agree. Those angry at Axl and Ron are upset that their afro haired hero Slash was too drugged up to realise he was signing over all his rights. Drugged up douche.
"Bumblefoot's love making makes it way into his guitar playing. Slash's cheating ways makes it way into his too. Hence why it's so poor."

kanudo19

kanudo19

Senior

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 936 posts
  • 22-August 10

Im not sure you really proved Axl was entitled to the name GNR... You gave your opinion of the ex members... Also when Izzy left he was sober. Many could argue how unprofessional Axl was/ is with showing up late for shows, causing riots and what not. What made the original GnR so great was that they were volatile and you never knew what was going to happen. But as time goes on that gets old to people. Axl has the legal right to do what he's doing and for the most part Im glad to see him preform. But the current guys in the band understand what they are and do not have aspirations to create the "best rock album of all time" (well maybe DJ does). They are hired to do a job and they do it well nothing more. I think if people understood that a little better there would be a lot less animosity around here.

dont say that they are "hired" or thats theyre job... it's people like u that offend great artists like bumblefoot.

what have u done in ur life that' so great ?? they 're "hired hands" just because they joined a band after the original members LEFT ?

yes they left and axl keeps fighting for his dream and vision , the same dream he's been fighting for since 85 ! the others gave up , he didnt so yeah he is entitled to the name and bumble, ashba, frank, dizzy, chris, fortus, tommy are entitled to be called MEMBERS OF GUNS N ROSES ! they are a band not axl's puppets.

if u think otherwise then ur place isnt here or in any gnr show... u wont be missed
lisbon 6/10/2010 ; london 1/06/2012

volcano62

volcano62

FRONTMAN

• Banned
  • 11,728 posts
  • 16-February 09

He deserves the name because Slash signed it over. That's what all the butthurt Slasholes are in denial about. Instead, they want to make up conspiracy theories about Axl using sophisticated mind games, subterfuge, and strategery to con poor drunken, smacked-out Slashie for the name. Unfortunately, by Slash's own repeated acknowledgement, he gave the name to Axl, plain and simple.

All the Slash fanboys want to blame Axl for all their problems, when in reality, it's the very person they worship who ceded control of the name to Axl. That's why Axl deserves the name.

Is they close a door on a finger or slip in the shower they start talking shit about Axl :rofl-lol:

It's all his fault lol

dalsh327

dalsh327

FRONTMAN

• Members
  • 10,433 posts
  • 12-December 08

GNR got away with it because they were able to put on a great show. If Axl didn't have the talent, they never would've worked with him. There's no denying he's one of the greatest frontmen of our time, but it set a bad example for lesser talents to pull the same crap.

Axl gives the guys in this band a lot of freedom to do what they want outside of GNR, and as we've seen, if they want to bring a song of theirs in, that seems to be fine with the band.

The Black

The Black

Senior

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 836 posts
  • 20-February 06

Izzy and Duff were sober when they decided they were fed up and left the band.

Want to talk professionalism?
- Never on stage on time
- Never show up for rehearsals
- Use the first shows of the tour as practice
- Don't bother to work out to stay fit
- Don't bother to turn up to a recording studio (just listen over the phone)
- Lawsuits left and right because you simply can't get your shit together
- New manager... New manager... New manager... New manager... (I can't wait for a tell all story from one of them)
- Don't keep contact with your band members, only when you feel necessary
- Cancel shows/tours without proper reason
- Everything done on your terms
- Take YEARS to release new music, and why? Exactly
- Doesn't bother to promote anything

I still can't believe people defend Axl on the record company part, saying the record company messed it all up. NO! See it this way, if you had invested millions of dollars and 15 f#cking years of patience into this man, wouldn't you be fed up by now!?

Another thing, I can't slate the current band for their technical abilities, they seem up to par. HOWEVER, being able to play music has got absolutely NOTHING to do with wrting good songs. Look to the thousands of bands who can't shred 6000 notes per second or play every style on the planet, but still have written some of the best songs of all time.

Cosmonaut

Cosmonaut

SPACE TRAVELLER

• Supporters
  • 6,661 posts
  • 28-April 11
I don't think Axl deserves to own the name like that. But since he's got it, he should have done more with it, IMO.

Sig2_zpsf82904fb.png

ARX77

ARX77

Full

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 471 posts
  • 04-January 12

dont say that they are "hired" or thats theyre job... it's people like u that offend great artists like bumblefoot.

what have u done in ur life that' so great ?? they 're "hired hands" just because they joined a band after the original members LEFT ?

yes they left and axl keeps fighting for his dream and vision , the same dream he's been fighting for since 85 ! the others gave up , he didnt so yeah he is entitled to the name and bumble, ashba, frank, dizzy, chris, fortus, tommy are entitled to be called MEMBERS OF GUNS N ROSES ! they are a band not axl's puppets.

if u think otherwise then ur place isnt here or in any gnr show... u wont be missed

Relax there guy... These guys work for Axl that is simply a fact. They do what Axl wants them to do... there is nothing wrong with that and I enjoy the current band a lot. These guys do a great job of respecting the past while embracing the future. They understand what GnR was and know they will never replace that, that is not disrespecting BBF or their artistic ability. My point was only the OP statement that this band will create the best rock album of all time. Fact is thats probably not true, not saying they cant or wont just saying these guys are what they are which is session players/ producers... Im am only giving a realistic non bias opinion what the current status of this band is... Do you listen to interviews? Even DJ says Axl has final say... sure they have their ideas just like any employee does but the decisions are made by Axl. Again there is nothing wrong with this, its just a fact.

I'll say it again if people/ fans had a more of a realistic view of this band there would be a lot less animosity amongst fans. To say stuff like this band is more talented than the original is a stupid statement to make, we are all here because of what the original band created. Again I am not saying the current guys are not talented, they obviously are but compared to the original GNR?? These guys havent created anything together, we'll see what happens and I hope they do put out some new music I would like to hear it.
If you hunger for what you see you'll take it eventually
You can have everything you want but you better not take it from me

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users