Welcome to mygnrforum.com Guns N' Roses Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

How did people feel when OMG was released?

• Please log in to reply
35 replies to this topic

Jakey Styley

Jakey Styley

SUPER GOD

• SILVER
  • 3,108 posts
  • 07-April 09
Did people like it? Did they find it respectful to the GNR sound?

I love it and think it stays true to GNR's sound.
Posted Image
Formerly known as ItsSuchACrimeUKnowItsJAKE

nambis

nambis

DEMI-GOD

• Returned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,553 posts
  • 13-April 05
I thought it sucked at first, but now it's one of my favourite new guns songs. (I like it because it's fast and heavy and not a silly piano hip hop ballad.)

jmapelian

jmapelian

GOD

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,561 posts
  • 22-February 06
i thought it sucked then almost as much as I think it sucks now

I thought it sucked at first, but now it's one of my favourite new guns songs. (I like it because it's fast and heavy and not a silly piano hip hop ballad.)

it's 13 yrs old! how can you consider a new Guns tune

Guest_Satanisk_Slakt_*

Guest_Satanisk_Slakt_*
  • Guests
  • --
Nobody liked it. It's only on these GNR forums people say they like it. Play it for 100 people on the street and they'll all tell you it's the worst song they've ever heard.

Silent Jay

Silent Jay

SOUL MONSTER

• SILVER
  • 3,038 posts
  • 04-January 12
strange and insane.

Paris 2006/Geneva 2010/Lyon 2012

911886123.jpg

Tacos Or Animals

Cosmonaut

Cosmonaut

SPACE TRAVELLER

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,743 posts
  • 28-April 11
First time I heard it I hated it. Then it kinda grew on me. I like it but it'd be only superior to Scraped and Rhiad, comparing to CD.

Logo_zpsb06a0514.png

Chewbacca

Chewbacca

FRONTMAN

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,405 posts
  • 23-December 10

Nobody liked it. It's only on these GNR forums people say they like it. Play it for 100 people on the street and they'll all tell you it's the worst song they've ever heard.

I higly doubt it.

I'M HALF THE MAN I USED TO BE  25jhz46.gif THIS I FEEL AS THE DAWN IT FADES TO GRAY

Chloe

Chloe

GOD

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,333 posts
  • 01-December 11

This.

crackerjack

crackerjack

• Returned
  • Pip
  • 26 posts
  • 20-October 10

I remember when it came out and "worst song" definitely would be the category. I've only tolerated listening to it 3 or 4 times more, and that was just to remember what it sounded like.

The Sandman

The Sandman

King of Wishful Thinking

• SILVER
  • 26,876 posts
  • 26-September 05

This.

I dunno... there's a LOT of bad songs out there :lol:

It's certainly an acquired taste - I think most people liked it because it was "new music", rather than for the sound. I liked it for both, but it was very of a time, and that zeitgeist has long since passed...
Posted Image

Dazey

Dazey

Redcoat Bastard!

• SILVER
  • 16,868 posts
  • 25-November 02
Great tune as far as I'm concerned! Loved it then and I love it now! Shame Axl's voice isn't up to singing it live anymore. :(

HV's Current Shit-list: Black Sabbath, Broskirose, Skype Crew (except Graeme), Miser, wfse and Dazey. Especially Dazey...

Nosaj Thing

Nosaj Thing

最期の終止符

• SILVER
  • 14,988 posts
  • 28-January 11
Cool song. Not Guns N' Roses.

Posted Image

Goddamn it! Fuckin' Game of Thrones, man.

Chloe

Chloe

GOD

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,333 posts
  • 01-December 11

This.

I dunno... there's a LOT of bad songs out there :lol:

It's certainly an acquired taste - I think most people liked it because it was "new music", rather than for the sound. I liked it for both, but it was very of a time, and that zeitgeist has long since passed...

Yeah, I understand. I also don't like it cause of how bad the quality it is! It sounds awful. Sounds like a bunch of random noises and I hate that!

But I am excited to hear the new version, if it ever gets released. :lol:

Bruno P.

Bruno P.

SUPER GOD

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,698 posts
  • 10-October 07
Too different to be released under the GNR name at the time, I thought, but I like it. The new version could be much more though...

"When the whole world looks at me they see some other guy
Doesn't matter what I say, they all made up their minds
I didn't like it then, and I still don't like it now
But I find the strength to smile somehow"

Mike420

Mike420

GOD

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,497 posts
  • 24-August 06

First time I heard it I hated it. Then it kinda grew on me. I like it but it'd be only superior to Scraped and Rhiad, comparing to CD.

I agree with the scraped and rhiad part. I wish omg was on cd instead of one of those two. I think its closest reative is prolly shacklers and silkworms. I think it is vastly superior to silkworms.

Back when omg came out I was pretty freaking excited. I was a senior in hs when it came out I think. I remember thinking cd was coming soon. :rolleyes: But that was a fairly exciting time to be a gnr fan. Live era came out, the rerecoded version of scom in big daddy and finally omg came out. (my order could be fucked, it was a while ago.) I didnt really know what to think about omg at first, but it grew on me. I still think axl had some great vocals on that!!! I give it a solid 7/10
I like the old band, I like the new band, I even liked that freaky 2001/02 band. Can't we all just get along??????

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users