Welcome to mygnrforum.com Guns N' Roses Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

How did people feel when OMG was released?

• Please log in to reply
35 replies to this topic

Encuentro

Encuentro

• Members
  • Pip
  • 51 posts
  • 25-March 12

First time I heard it I hated it. Then it kinda grew on me. I like it but it'd be only superior to Scraped and Rhiad, comparing to CD.

I agree with the scraped and rhiad part. I wish omg was on cd instead of one of those two. I think its closest reative is prolly shacklers and silkworms. I think it is vastly superior to silkworms.

Back when omg came out I was pretty freaking excited. I was a senior in hs when it came out I think. I remember thinking cd was coming soon. :rolleyes: But that was a fairly exciting time to be a gnr fan. Live era came out, the rerecoded version of scom in big daddy and finally omg came out. (my order could be fucked, it was a while ago.) I didnt really know what to think about omg at first, but it grew on me. I still think axl had some great vocals on that!!! I give it a solid 7/10

I had no idea that there was a rerecorded version of SCOM in Big Daddy until now. I just listened to it on Youtube. Interesting. Who were the musicians in this version?

Iron MikeyJ

Iron MikeyJ

GOD

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,664 posts
  • 24-August 06

First time I heard it I hated it. Then it kinda grew on me. I like it but it'd be only superior to Scraped and Rhiad, comparing to CD.

I agree with the scraped and rhiad part. I wish omg was on cd instead of one of those two. I think its closest reative is prolly shacklers and silkworms. I think it is vastly superior to silkworms.

Back when omg came out I was pretty freaking excited. I was a senior in hs when it came out I think. I remember thinking cd was coming soon. :rolleyes: But that was a fairly exciting time to be a gnr fan. Live era came out, the rerecoded version of scom in big daddy and finally omg came out. (my order could be fucked, it was a while ago.) I didnt really know what to think about omg at first, but it grew on me. I still think axl had some great vocals on that!!! I give it a solid 7/10

I had no idea that there was a rerecorded version of SCOM in Big Daddy until now. I just listened to it on Youtube. Interesting. Who were the musicians in this version?

Correct me if I'm wrong but I think it isaxl, robin, tommy, dizzy, pitman, and tobias. Not sure of the drummer? Maybe Brain.
I'll eat your children.

rocker rockstar

rocker rockstar

Full

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 386 posts
  • 22-March 07
I thought WTF happened to GNR. It sucked. It was the signal that not all was well in the GNR camp. I heard it playing on the radio a few times and was thinking WTF. It does not sound like GNR to me it does sound more like Chinese Democracy album to me. I think it failed but it is better than some of the songs on Chinese Democracy.

Edited by rocker rockstar, 24 August 2012 - 09:28 PM.

Dark Knight

Dark Knight

DEMI-GOD

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,390 posts
  • 12-August 12
Kickass Axl penned rocker dark, heavy, sinister, atmospheric superb lyrics and vocals melodies I would swap Oh My God for few songs on Chinese Democracy without hesitation
Formerly known as Son of a gun

Iron MikeyJ

Iron MikeyJ

GOD

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,664 posts
  • 24-August 06

Kickass Axl penned rocker dark, heavy, sinister, atmospheric superb lyrics and vocals melodies I would swap Oh My God for few songs on Chinese Democracy without hesitation

I like omg better than rhaid and scrapped. I would trade them all day.
I'll eat your children.

31illusions

31illusions

DEMI-GOD

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,767 posts
  • 10-September 07
No body cared. This is back when limp bizkit & Korn were big. I heard it once on the radio and then never again.

Correct me if I'm wrong but I think it isaxl, robin, tommy, dizzy, pitman, and tobias. Not sure of the drummer? Maybe Brain.

I read Dave Navarro plays a solo on the song.

Edited by 31illusions, 25 August 2012 - 07:51 AM.

d_zps117357a7.jpg

Iron MikeyJ

Iron MikeyJ

GOD

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,664 posts
  • 24-August 06
We were talking about the rerecorded scom not omg. But yes you are correct dave navarro plays the solo on omg.

I listened to the rerecorded scom yesrerday for the first time and years and here are my thoughts of it. If I remember correctly the first half is classic gnr, then half way through it switches to newgnr. I think axl choose a terriable live version to give the old vand a bad name, because honestly axl sounds awful on it. He sounds vastly better when the new band kicks in, hmmm? And it is without a doubt robin playing the solo, and it is just another example of how bad robin is when compared to slash. I'm not saying robin did bad, just not nearly as good. Anyone that can really play guitar should be able to tell the differences in the solos. Honestly I have heard bar bands play that solo better than robin does. Here is the link decide for yourself. I wanna say the new band kicks in right before the solo.

Scom 99'
I'll eat your children.

Iron MikeyJ

Iron MikeyJ

GOD

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,664 posts
  • 24-August 06
I made a music video for omg. I would appreciate any feedback.

Oh my god
I'll eat your children.

PITBOSS

PITBOSS

DEMI-GOD

• SILVER
  • 1,362 posts
  • 05-January 12

Oh my god

i like your video, thanks

i don't really like that song myself.

IndiannaRose

IndiannaRose

The Ambassador

• SILVER
  • 10,832 posts
  • 01-June 03
When the song first came out, the GN'R fan-base absolutely detested the song (generally). It's kind of odd to see the kind of reverence it gets nowadays. I personally think the song has great potential. Imo, the vocals need to be reworked by placing them higher in the mix and by also eliminating the distortion present in Axl's voice.

Edited by IndiannaRose, 12 September 2012 - 10:05 PM.

Posted Image

"DON'T ASSAIL THE ROSE OR YOU'LL TASTE THE THORNS"

INDIANNAROSE

Iron MikeyJ

Iron MikeyJ

GOD

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,664 posts
  • 24-August 06

Oh my god

i like your video, thanks

i don't really like that song myself.

Thanks
I'll eat your children.

AxlRose14

AxlRose14

DEMI-GOD

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,747 posts
  • 28-February 09
Axl himself stated that he considered the song a solo effort but..I liked the song, but GNR should stay away from anything related to nine inch nails.

Trent Rezner is a joke. :thumbsup:

SONOFABITCH

SONOFABITCH

Now You're Messin' With A....

• Returned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,355 posts
  • 11-April 05
You know what I like about Oh My God? The song has balls. It kind of rocks. It is industrial but it doesn't change directions too much. That being said, it is one of Axl's finest efforts since going solo.

bacardimayne

bacardimayne

Fatter than ever

• SILVER
  • 16,696 posts
  • 10-May 08
OMG is better than at least 80% of all GNR songs. Not trolling.

dQOAHSG.png

Zint

Zint

• MOD SQUAD
  • 17,493 posts
  • 24-February 06

Great tune as far as I'm concerned! Loved it then and I love it now!

Same.

I recall pulling the car over when they announced they were going to play it (I wanted to concentrate on it :tongue2: ), and I cranked the radio.
I thought it was a pretty bold move to switch gears like that musically.

They opened the phonelines to get impressions and no one was phoning in saying they hate it.
A few weren't sure about it...but no one slagged it.
                                                                                                   Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users