Welcome to mygnrforum.com Guns N' Roses Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

How did people feel when OMG was released?

• Please log in to reply
35 replies to this topic

deepfreeze

deepfreeze

Senior

• Unregistered
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 797 posts
  • 08-October 10
Horrible song. I remember when it came out. It was the first time I became aware that Axl had a new band that was different than the old one. Really disappointing. I hope to never hear that song again.

I'm just glad the song never got stuck in my head. That would be painful.

liers

liers

DEMI-GOD

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,786 posts
  • 04-December 11
I think the reason why at the time it was so detested was because duff had only left 2 years ago and noone really knew how much hate Axl had built up to slash, so everyone figured that they would end up back together eventually. Then it became apparent Axl hated slash and would never reunite with him anytime soon, so people excepted it because it was the only new thing from GnR they had, and it was becoming increasingly apparent that there was no rush to release 2000 intentions/chinese democracy.

AxlRoseCalifornia

AxlRoseCalifornia

Full

• Returned
  • PipPipPip
  • 227 posts
  • 26-July 09
I felt there was still hope. Axl could still save the gig, even with the whole break up thing. He's still in time.
Fire Your Guns!!

phaeryen

phaeryen

DEMI-GOD

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,884 posts
  • 05-May 07
When it came out I didn't know about it, no one did in my country.

When Axl wrote his lawyer-style defense letter of oh my god, didn't hear about that either!

It was like over two years after the fact I heard they had had a new song out. Got it, bought it, realy really liked it. got my hopes up. some months later, its VMA's 2002. my hopes die.
FUCK GNR. -Ron Thal, September 13th, 2012.

Alt Lyrics

Alt Lyrics

• Members
  • Pip
  • 19 posts
  • 29-November 12
Really like that song, it´s quite experimental compared to UYI. Made me excited bout the "new" record, that I would´ve hoped to come out in 2000

wasted

wasted

Freedom Fighter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 36,944 posts
  • 31-March 04
It filled a need for something. I WAS LISTENING TO the fragile. And it was the only other song i could listen to with Machina.

It filled a need for something. I WAS LISTENING TO the fragile. And it was the only other song i could listen to with Machina.

Yes, I know my enemy Compromise,Conformity, Assimilation, Submission, Ignorance, Hypocrisy, Brutality, The Elite - All of which are American Dreams...

Ides Of March, Oklahoma, Atlas Shrugged, Oh My God, Silkworms , Down By The Ocean (Izzy), Soul Monster, Seven , The General , Thyme , Quick Song, Zodiac.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users