Welcome to mygnrforum.com Guns N' Roses Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

What makes this current lineup more of a band than other artists who use backup bands?

• Please log in to reply
54 replies to this topic

dustindmnd2

dustindmnd2

Full

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 215 posts
  • 03-June 05
I realize some will be pissed at the question, but I don't mean for it to be as loaded as it may sound. This current gnr lineup is uber talented and seems like some really cool guys, but they have written / recorded very little together... CREATED very little together. Some on this forum go nuts dissing the previous lineup and proclaiming the current dudes as the real gnr.

Before van halen got back together, I saw David lee Roth play with an amazing band. Guitarist could easily kick ass on anything Eddie ever did. Spare me the simple "van halen is band member names" explanation, and tell me how nu gnr differs from this? Or from Roger waters band?

To be clear, I'm not hating on the current, talented, really cool guys. Just not seeing the pov of this who diss the old lineup and proclaim this group as the real gnr.

Pubes.
www.myspace.com/justsomedudemusic

Chewbacca

Chewbacca

FRONTMAN

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,405 posts
  • 23-December 10
Bumblefoot has a big beard.

I'M HALF THE MAN I USED TO BE  25jhz46.gif THIS I FEEL AS THE DAWN IT FADES TO GRAY

Rustycage

Rustycage

FRONTMAN

• Members
  • 7,709 posts
  • 23-March 04
Axl could be singing and dancing with a bunch of monkeys banging cymbals and some people would declare it to be GNR. To some, Axl is GNR and that's all they need.

note: I'm not comparing the new guys to monkeys. Just pointing out the irrelevance of who they are in the minds of some of Axl's fans.

fype9v.png

mrandyk

mrandyk

GOD

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,510 posts
  • 06-January 09
A group of people only found on internet forums desperately want it to be, that's why.

AxlRose14

AxlRose14

DEMI-GOD

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,747 posts
  • 28-February 09

I realize some will be pissed at the question, but I don't mean for it to be as loaded as it may sound. This current gnr lineup is uber talented and seems like some really cool guys, but they have written / recorded very little together... CREATED very little together. Some on this forum go nuts dissing the previous lineup and proclaiming the current dudes as the real gnr.

Before van halen got back together, I saw David lee Roth play with an amazing band. Guitarist could easily kick ass on anything Eddie ever did. Spare me the simple "van halen is band member names" explanation, and tell me how nu gnr differs from this? Or from Roger waters band?

To be clear, I'm not hating on the current, talented, really cool guys. Just not seeing the pov of this who diss the old lineup and proclaim this group as the real gnr.

Pubes.

Phenominal Topic. You should email Dexter.

A group of people only found on internet forums desperately want it to be, that's why.

And a group of people like you, whine that the current lineup shouldn't be called Guns N' Roses because they have a boner for Slash and are still pissed off at Axl for no good reason.

Get a life and grow up, your first girlfriend isn't coming back either!

SoulMonster

SoulMonster

FRONTMAN

• Members
  • 8,808 posts
  • 12-December 08
Why they are a band? They are a band because they are a group of musicians who write music together, release music together, and tour together. It's not more difficult than that.

Taking things too seriously since 1988. -- I wonder how it is to be an agnostic, dyslexic insomniac, lying awake at night wondering if there really is a dog. -- NEVER EXPECT, ALWAYS HOPE.

saber_

saber_

Axl Internet PR

• SILVER
  • 6,267 posts
  • 04-January 09
Sometimes it's just hard for all the Slasholes to accept that Slash simply wasn't smart enough to challenge Axl for the name, so Slash willingly signed it over like the genius he is.

"THEN COME ON NOW LET'S GOOO OOOO OOOO  OOOO OOOO!"

Groghan

Groghan

FRONTMAN

• SILVER
  • 11,372 posts
  • 15-July 03

Pubes.

And a group of people like you, whine that the current lineup shouldn't be called Guns N' Roses because they have a boner for Slash and are still pissed off at Axl for no good reason.

Because he has a different opinion than you, you feel the need to insult him? Weird.
Sometimes people just have different opinions on topics. It doesn't mean they have a boner for Slash, they are mad at Axl for "no good reason", they need to get a life and grow up? And what does their first girlfriend have to do with anything?
Comments like yours are immature and do nothing but add negativity to the forum. And really, cast a black eye on all GnR fans.

This is a valid topic to discuss.
Axl is the only member left of the band that made GnR what they are today. Your Axl Worshipping shouldn't prevent you from seeing a topic with an unbiased eye.
If you can't contribute to topics intelligently and respectfully to those you disagree with, maybe you need to "group up"

Oh, and I saw David Lee Roth after he left Van Halen. His set consisted of some of his solo work and all the old VH classic songs.
Since he helped write all the VH classic songs.......since he was part of the original VH band...........does that mean he could have called his band Van Halen??????? Nobody in their right mind would agree with that. But yet, Axl is doing the same thing.

the rush

the rush

Full

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 400 posts
  • 09-December 04
1. If Axl thinks it's GNR and calls it GNR it's GNR full stop. he owns the name, he chose the name and he believes what he's doing is GNR
2. it wouldn't make any sense if someone told you they don't like your name John Doe so you should change it. if john doe wants to be john doe it's irrelevent what anyone else thinks
3. WTF with the band name? give it a rest. if axl calls it gnr there's no one stopping you calling it sth else like having you own nickname for them
4. if youd rather have no GNR at all than this "twisted" gnr say so
5. if you like the music what do you care what the band name is... completely irrelevant
6. if you don't like the music why dont you switch to the old gnr section
7. Jeff Waters from annihilator is the only original member. he even wrote an recorded an entire album by himself and still calls it annihilator because jeff waters is annihilator the same way dave mustaine is megadeth
8. chinese democracy was a collaborative effort i.e. not a solo album

Rustycage

Rustycage

FRONTMAN

• Members
  • 7,709 posts
  • 23-March 04

Sometimes it's just hard for all the Slasholes to accept that Slash simply wasn't smart enough to challenge Axl for the name, so Slash willingly signed it over like the genius he is.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8HoaFWI5S0Q

fype9v.png

Dazey

Dazey

Redcoat Bastard!

• SILVER
  • 16,859 posts
  • 25-November 02

Why they are a band? They are a band because they are a group of musicians who write music together, release music together?

They aren't though! Not at this moment! Once everything in your post comes true then they'll be a band. Until then they aren't.

HV's Current Shit-list: Black Sabbath, Broskirose, Skype Crew (except Graeme), Miser, wfse and Dazey. Especially Dazey...

saber_

saber_

Axl Internet PR

• SILVER
  • 6,267 posts
  • 04-January 09

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8HoaFWI5S0Q

Awww, what's the matter? Does the truth sting too much? All those interviews where Slash says he didn't care and that's why he signed the name over, they can only mean one thing, Slash isn't very bright.

"THEN COME ON NOW LET'S GOOO OOOO OOOO  OOOO OOOO!"

Dazey

Dazey

Redcoat Bastard!

• SILVER
  • 16,859 posts
  • 25-November 02

If Axl thinks it's GNR and calls it GNR it's GNR full stop. he owns the name, he chose the name and he believes what he's doing is GNR

By that logic if somebody was able to buy the naming rights off Axl and use the name with a completely different band then they would be GnR too?

HV's Current Shit-list: Black Sabbath, Broskirose, Skype Crew (except Graeme), Miser, wfse and Dazey. Especially Dazey...

the rush

the rush

Full

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 400 posts
  • 09-December 04

If Axl thinks it's GNR and calls it GNR it's GNR full stop. he owns the name, he chose the name and he believes what he's doing is GNR

By that logic if somebody was able to buy the naming rights off Axl and use the name with a completely different band then they would be GnR too?

yes, and if there would be people who felt the connection so be it. if everyone rejects it so be it. the same way some of us accept the new guys under GNR and some of us reject it but it doesn't matter what we think

Edited by the rush, 16 June 2012 - 02:02 PM.

Damn_Smooth

Damn_Smooth

Commander Awesome

• SILVER
  • 9,089 posts
  • 13-February 06

Pubes.

Because he has a different opinion than you, you feel the need to insult him? Weird.
Sometimes people just have different opinions on topics. It doesn't mean they have a boner for Slash, they are mad at Axl for "no good reason", they need to get a life and grow up? And what does their first girlfriend have to do with anything?
Comments like yours are immature and do nothing but add negativity to the forum. And really, cast a black eye on all GnR fans.

This is a valid topic to discuss.
Axl is the only member left of the band that made GnR what they are today. Your Axl Worshipping shouldn't prevent you from seeing a topic with an unbiased eye.
If you can't contribute to topics intelligently and respectfully to those you disagree with, maybe you need to "group up"

Oh, and I saw David Lee Roth after he left Van Halen. His set consisted of some of his solo work and all the old VH classic songs.
Since he helped write all the VH classic songs.......since he was part of the original VH band...........does that mean he could have called his band Van Halen??????? Nobody in their right mind would agree with that. But yet, Axl is doing the same thing.

Wrong, Axl is doing the same as Van Halen without Dave. When you are actually there to come up with the name of the band, you have a little bit more of a right to continue using it. Especially when it contains your name.
:shrugs:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users