What makes this current lineup more of a band than other artists who use backup bands?

dustindmnd2

I realize some will be pissed at the question, but I don't mean for it to be as loaded as it may sound. This current gnr lineup is uber talented and seems like some really cool guys, but they have written / recorded very little together... CREATED very little together. Some on this forum go nuts dissing the previous lineup and proclaiming the current dudes as the real gnr.

Before van halen got back together, I saw David lee Roth play with an amazing band. Guitarist could easily kick ass on anything Eddie ever did. Spare me the simple "van halen is band member names" explanation, and tell me how nu gnr differs from this? Or from Roger waters band?

To be clear, I'm not hating on the current, talented, really cool guys. Just not seeing the pov of this who diss the old lineup and proclaim this group as the real gnr.

Pubes.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Axl could be singing and dancing with a bunch of monkeys banging cymbals and some people would declare it to be GNR. To some, Axl is GNR and that's all they need.

note: I'm not comparing the new guys to monkeys. Just pointing out the irrelevance of who they are in the minds of some of Axl's fans.

I realize some will be pissed at the question, but I don't mean for it to be as loaded as it may sound. This current gnr lineup is uber talented and seems like some really cool guys, but they have written / recorded very little together... CREATED very little together. Some on this forum go nuts dissing the previous lineup and proclaiming the current dudes as the real gnr.

Before van halen got back together, I saw David lee Roth play with an amazing band. Guitarist could easily kick ass on anything Eddie ever did. Spare me the simple "van halen is band member names" explanation, and tell me how nu gnr differs from this? Or from Roger waters band?

To be clear, I'm not hating on the current, talented, really cool guys. Just not seeing the pov of this who diss the old lineup and proclaim this group as the real gnr.

Pubes.

Phenominal Topic. You should email Dexter.

A group of people only found on internet forums desperately want it to be, that's why.

And a group of people like you, whine that the current lineup shouldn't be called Guns N' Roses because they have a boner for Slash and are still pissed off at Axl for no good reason.

Get a life and grow up, your first girlfriend isn't coming back either!

Pubes.

A group of people only found on internet forums desperately want it to be, that's why.

And a group of people like you, whine that the current lineup shouldn't be called Guns N' Roses because they have a boner for Slash and are still pissed off at Axl for no good reason.

Because he has a different opinion than you, you feel the need to insult him? Weird.

Sometimes people just have different opinions on topics. It doesn't mean they have a boner for Slash, they are mad at Axl for "no good reason", they need to get a life and grow up? And what does their first girlfriend have to do with anything?

Comments like yours are immature and do nothing but add negativity to the forum. And really, cast a black eye on all GnR fans.

This is a valid topic to discuss.

Axl is the only member left of the band that made GnR what they are today. Your Axl Worshipping shouldn't prevent you from seeing a topic with an unbiased eye.

If you can't contribute to topics intelligently and respectfully to those you disagree with, maybe you need to "group up"

Oh, and I saw David Lee Roth after he left Van Halen. His set consisted of some of his solo work and all the old VH classic songs.

Since he helped write all the VH classic songs.......since he was part of the original VH band...........does that mean he could have called his band Van Halen??????? Nobody in their right mind would agree with that. But yet, Axl is doing the same thing.

1. If Axl thinks it's GNR and calls it GNR it's GNR full stop. he owns the name, he chose the name and he believes what he's doing is GNR

2. it wouldn't make any sense if someone told you they don't like your name John Doe so you should change it. if john doe wants to be john doe it's irrelevent what anyone else thinks

3. WTF with the band name? give it a rest. if axl calls it gnr there's no one stopping you calling it sth else like having you own nickname for them

4. if youd rather have no GNR at all than this "twisted" gnr say so

5. if you like the music what do you care what the band name is... completely irrelevant

6. if you don't like the music why dont you switch to the old gnr section

7. Jeff Waters from annihilator is the only original member. he even wrote an recorded an entire album by himself and still calls it annihilator because jeff waters is annihilator the same way dave mustaine is megadeth

8. chinese democracy was a collaborative effort i.e. not a solo album

Why they are a band? They are a band because they are a group of musicians who write music together, release music together?

They aren't though! Not at this moment! Once everything in your post comes true then they'll be a band. Until then they aren't.

Sometimes it's just hard for all the Slasholes to accept that Slash simply wasn't smart enough to challenge Axl for the name, so Slash willingly signed it over like the genius he is.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8HoaFWI5S0Q

Awww, what's the matter? Does the truth sting too much? All those interviews where Slash says he didn't care and that's why he signed the name over, they can only mean one thing, Slash isn't very bright.

If Axl thinks it's GNR and calls it GNR it's GNR full stop. he owns the name, he chose the name and he believes what he's doing is GNR

By that logic if somebody was able to buy the naming rights off Axl and use the name with a completely different band then they would be GnR too?

If Axl thinks it's GNR and calls it GNR it's GNR full stop. he owns the name, he chose the name and he believes what he's doing is GNR

By that logic if somebody was able to buy the naming rights off Axl and use the name with a completely different band then they would be GnR too?

yes, and if there would be people who felt the connection so be it. if everyone rejects it so be it. the same way some of us accept the new guys under GNR and some of us reject it but it doesn't matter what we think

Edited by the rush

Pubes.

Because he has a different opinion than you, you feel the need to insult him? Weird.

Sometimes people just have different opinions on topics. It doesn't mean they have a boner for Slash, they are mad at Axl for "no good reason", they need to get a life and grow up? And what does their first girlfriend have to do with anything?

Comments like yours are immature and do nothing but add negativity to the forum. And really, cast a black eye on all GnR fans.

This is a valid topic to discuss.

Axl is the only member left of the band that made GnR what they are today. Your Axl Worshipping shouldn't prevent you from seeing a topic with an unbiased eye.

If you can't contribute to topics intelligently and respectfully to those you disagree with, maybe you need to "group up"

Oh, and I saw David Lee Roth after he left Van Halen. His set consisted of some of his solo work and all the old VH classic songs.

Since he helped write all the VH classic songs.......since he was part of the original VH band...........does that mean he could have called his band Van Halen??????? Nobody in their right mind would agree with that. But yet, Axl is doing the same thing.

Wrong, Axl is doing the same as Van Halen without Dave. When you are actually there to come up with the name of the band, you have a little bit more of a right to continue using it. Especially when it contains your name.

Sometimes it's just hard for all the Slasholes to accept that Slash simply wasn't smart enough to challenge Axl for the name, so Slash willingly signed it over like the genius he is.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8HoaFWI5S0Q

Awww, what's the matter? Does the truth sting too much? All those interviews where Slash says he didn't care and that's why he signed the name over, they can only mean one thing, Slash isn't very bright.

Truth sting? LOL It happened so long ago that it's like telling *knock knock* jokes. I just found it completely irrelevant to the topic and a weak attempt to start shit with other forum members. May god have mercy on your soul.

there isnt a huge difference in a solo act and a band

andy laRocque has been on every single king diamond album he help writes the songs but since its king diamonds name on the albums does that make him any less part of a band

where as mercyful fate who has 2/5 original members is more of a band?

Love it when people who complain about labels (nutters, worshippers) use labels themselves!!!! So Nutter is unexceptable, but Slasholes is OK. Love the double-standard.

But as for the topic.

Why so much hatred for Slash and his fans? Why do you have to insult him because a forum member asked a question?

Why do much anger? Why so much hostility? Why so much negativity?

I'm noticing a real trend among the Axl Worshippers. You guys go into attack/insult mode and fill every topic with tons of negativity. Why can't you guys discuss the band without insulting others?

Your Axl bias has skewed your ability to look at situations logically/reasonably.

EVERYTHING doesn't have to come down to Axl-vs-Slash, just as an fyi. Posting a critical question about Axl doesn't automatically mean somebody is a Slash lover and Axl hater.

Slash and Duff signed over the rights to the name because they cared more about playing for the fans than they did about the legal aspects of the band.

So that is actually the big difference between Axl and Slash/Duff. One guy cares more about the legal aspects of the name/band/songs/events (like HOF inductions)......and one side cares more about making music, and playing music for the fans.

Axl's life revolves around the "name" GnR......to him, the name, the legacy, the power it brings to the table (to sell tickets) means more than anything to him........whereas guys like Slash and Duff, the music is what is important to them.

If that means that Slash and Duff are stupid (in your view).......then so be it. At least for them it is and always has been about the Music.

Truth sting? LOL It happened so long ago that it's like telling *knock knock* jokes. I just found it completely irrelevant to the topic and a weak attempt to start shit with other forum members. May god have mercy on your soul.

Actually it's not irrelevant. Slash, Izzy, and Duff gave Axl the name. Willingly. That's why it's Guns n Roses. Because they left. Speaking of weak attempts to start shit. lol.

Why they are a band? They are a band because they are a group of musicians who write music together, release music together?

They aren't though! Not at this moment! Once everything in your post comes true then they'll be a band. Until then they aren't.

They were when they made CD (all members except Dj contributed) and since then Dj has recorded music for GN'R.

Are you seriously saying that any band seizes to be a band as soon as they step out of the recording studio? ;)

Actually it's not irrelevant. Slash, Izzy, and Duff gave Axl the name. Willingly. That's why it's Guns n Roses. Because they left. Speaking of weak attempts to start shit. lol.

What makes this current lineup more of a band than other artists who use backup bands?

The topic has nothing to do with the name but instead the difference between solo artist and a "band."

I know you were itching to start bashing former members but you were too eager. It's irrelevant.

The topic has nothing to do with the name but instead the difference between solo artist and a "band."

I know you were itching to start bashing former members but you were too eager. It's irrelevant.

This topic has been posted a million times and is redundant. I guess people are just too lazy (or attention seeking) to simply bump the one of 100's of existing identical topic threads.

Start bashing members? You were the one who started bashing, hypocrite. Not my fault you took Slashole personally, lmao.

can you tell the difference? enlighten us as to the difference between the two and then we'll try to find common ground

What about Motörhead? You consider them a band or a solo act?

same goes with megadeth to me their bands solo acts are bands as well i dont really even get the point of this thread besides start the same old bullshit