Welcome to mygnrforum.com Guns N' Roses Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

Izzy's best solo stuff

• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

Madridista

Madridista

Full

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 308 posts
  • 07-June 12
Do you guys follow Izzy's solo career? If so, what are his best songs? Care to post a few videos and/or names?

Thanks. Really appreciate it :thumbsup:

username

username

FRONTMAN

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,735 posts
  • 08-January 04
His first 5 albums, top notch!
Three hour meeting starts NOW!!!

LA_0013

LA_0013

OH MY GOD

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,192 posts
  • 09-July 03
Nice ballad

LA

DizzyReedsexmachine

DizzyReedsexmachine

Senior

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 769 posts
  • 21-May 12

rock4
i like his solo music :shades:
Posted Image Posted Image

MEXzilla

MEXzilla

DEMI-GOD

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,155 posts
  • 16-May 12
On The Run is killer

Anonymity

Anonymity

Junior

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 197 posts
  • 10-January 10

Nice ballad

LA

that along with this

2010 - GNR @Belgrade
2010 - Iron Maiden @Cluj-Napoca
2011 - Scorpions @Cluj-Napoca
2012 - GNR @Bucharest

GnR Chris

GnR Chris

DEMI-GOD

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,089 posts
  • 05-December 10
There's a similar thread buried somewhere if you look hard enough, but I will give you my favorites.

The best album by far is 117 Degrees (of course, in my opinion). You can't go wrong to buy that in its entirety.

As for individual songs:

"Infrastruk"
"You Bet'cha"
"On Down the Road"
"Sweet Caress"
"Coke'n"
"Feelin' Alright"
"Gotta Say"
"Ain't It a Bitch"
"Old Hat"
"Good Enough"
"Cuttin' the Rug"
"Take a Look at the Guy"
"Seems to Me"
"Far Below Me"

"Bleedin'" is one I really, really, REALLY like.

He also does a nice "Memphis" cover.

There are more great songs. "How Much?" is something I've been looking for for a while. I can't find it ANYWHERE, and I don't mean illegally. I mean paying legit money, download, nothing. If anyone has it, PM me. I know it's on YouTube, but I want grade A quality.

Edited by GnR Chris, 22 June 2012 - 12:01 AM.

username

username

FRONTMAN

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,735 posts
  • 08-January 04

There are more great songs. "How Much?" is something I've been looking for for a while. I can't find it ANYWHERE, and I don't mean illegally. I mean paying legit money, download, nothing. If anyone has it, PM me. I know it's on YouTube, but I want grade A quality.

It was released as a bonus track on the Japanese edition of Ju Ju Hounds. I got it on eBay (the Jap Ju Ju record). Great track!

I had top get Ride On and On Down The Road off eBay too. As actual pressed albums I mean, not the digital iTunes versions.
Both are the Japanese editions as well, but they're essentially the same as the regular version except for an added Japanese booklet.
I was lucky enough to be able to order Like A Dog as a pressed album off of Izzy's website back when it was just out.
And the Japanese version of 117 is worth it too! It has 2 live bonus tracks - Pressure Drop and Crackin' Up.
While we're at it, I got the Pressure Drop EP and the Japanese Live EP from 1992 and 1993 respectively off eBay as well. Both have some great tracks that can't be found elsewhere.

Tracklists can be found here: http://www.chopaway....raphy.php?id=14

Funny thing is, Chopaway.com doesn't mention How Much on the Japanese Ju Ju edition though it definitely IS on there.
But they do mention a song on it called Got Away... which (for as far as I know) is only on the Japanese edition of the Shuffle It All EP. Not on Ju Ju itself or the regular EP.
I really need to get that EP some day! <_< Probably the only relevant Izzy cd I don't have.

Edit: How Much is also on that Shuffle It All EP by the way...

Edited by username, 19 June 2012 - 03:46 PM.

Three hour meeting starts NOW!!!

GnR Chris

GnR Chris

DEMI-GOD

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,089 posts
  • 05-December 10

It was released as a bonus track on the Japanese edition of Ju Ju Hounds. I got it on eBay (the Jap Ju Ju record). Great track!

I had top get Ride On and On Down The Road off eBay too. As actual pressed albums I mean, not the digital iTunes versions.
Both are the Japanese editions as well, but they're essentially the same as the regular version except for an added Japanese booklet.
I was lucky enough to be able to order Like A Dog as a pressed album off of Izzy's website back when it was just out.
And the Japanese version of 117 is worth it too! It has 2 live bonus tracks - Pressure Drop and Crackin' Up.
While we're at it, I got the Pressure Drop EP and the Japanese Live EP from 1992 and 1993 respectively off eBay as well. Both have some great tracks that can't be found elsewhere.

Tracklists can be found here: http://www.chopaway....raphy.php?id=14

Funny thing is, Chopaway.com doesn't mention How Much on the Japanese Ju Ju edition though it definitely IS on there.
But they do mention a song on it called Got Away... which (for as far as I know) is only on the Japanese edition of the Shuffle It All EP. Not on Ju Ju itself or the regular EP.
I really need to get that EP some day! <_< Probably the only relevant Izzy cd I don't have.

Edit: How Much is also on that Shuffle It All EP by the way...

Wow. Thanks for the info. Lots of good stuff.

sr_chanfere

sr_chanfere

• Members
  • Pip
  • 89 posts
  • 09-March 05

There's a similar thread buried somewhere if you look hard enough, but I will give you my favorites.

The best album by far is 117 Degrees (of course, in my opinion). You can't go wrong to buy that in its entirety.

As for individual songs:

"Infrastruk"
"You Bet'cha"
"On Down the Road"
"Sweet Caress"
"Coke'n"
"Feelin' Alright"
"Gotta Say"
"Ain't It a Bitch"
"Old Hat"
"Good Enough"
"Cuttin' the Rug"
"Take a Look at the Guy"
"Seems to Me"
"Far Below Me"

"Bleedin'" is one I really, really, REALLY like.

He also does a nice "Memphis" cover.

How much is the b-side for shuffle it all cd single uk, you can easily find it on ebay along with other great b-side "got away".

MB.

MB.

SUPER GOD

• SILVER
  • 3,777 posts
  • 15-December 08
I love Spazed' ! :thumbsup:

Edited by MBRose, 23 June 2012 - 03:14 PM.

jmapelian

jmapelian

GOD

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,406 posts
  • 22-February 06

Do you guys follow Izzy's solo career? If so, what are his best songs? Care to post a few videos and/or names?

Thanks. Really appreciate it :thumbsup:

Like a Dog was a real good album

The Real McCoy

The Real McCoy

FRONTMAN

• SILVER
  • 5,599 posts
  • 14-February 11
Honestly? It's all good.

"I'm the original rock n' roll cliche, Gypsy, pirate, cowboy, You wouldn't last a minute in my boots, 'Cos baby, I'm the Real McCoy" - Hanoi Rocks

GnRDuff1

GnRDuff1

GOD

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,177 posts
  • 18-June 03
I really liked River. Just light hearted fun!

Edited by GnRDuff1, 09 July 2012 - 07:44 PM.

Philly 2002: No show
East Rutherford 2006: Split GA, on rail, back pit
Camden 2011: 2nd row in pit. Best show

The Real McCoy

The Real McCoy

FRONTMAN

• SILVER
  • 5,599 posts
  • 14-February 11
Start with the first two..Ju Ju Hounds and 117 Degrees and go from there.

"I'm the original rock n' roll cliche, Gypsy, pirate, cowboy, You wouldn't last a minute in my boots, 'Cos baby, I'm the Real McCoy" - Hanoi Rocks

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users