If Hollywood were to make a movie based on Axl Rose's life, which director would you want at the helm?

Randy Lahey

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

olvier stone would do a great job of telling the story of chinese democracy from axl's paranoid, delusional perspective. i can imagine the JFK-esque montages in which Axl triangulates everyone trying to persecute him. or the Natural Born Killer-eque montages in which a demonic incarnation of slash tries to steal his life force.

Edited by HisRoyalSweetness

bergman is a master of movies with small casts, searing emotions and confined locations. since most of the story of chinese democracy would consist of axl and beta in an empty mansion, it's funny to imagine bergman telling their story. slash would appear as a nightmarish apparition, the manifestation of axl's insecurities and misdirected self-hate.

Tim Burton

He is very eccentric and he would find a great way to express Axl's movie in interesting ways.

Yeah, and Johnny Depp can be in the movie too. Don't care who he would play, but he HAS to be in the movie! :)

George Lucas in an odd idea.

We could set the story in 500 years time, and have Axl and his new GN'R band members face a rebel ex-member group in space flying mini spaceships that shoot lasers. It would come down to skills as to who would win.

Slash could be the asthmatic, heavy breathing baddie who wants revenge on Axl.

The soundtrack could also be interesting.

Guest Sleeping Like An Angel

Leo Di Caprio can play current Axl Rose and direct the film too. (Titanic era Leo would've been PERFECT as a young Axl:)

Look how easy it would be to turn this:

Leonardo-DiCaprio-in-romeo-and-juliet.jpg

into this:

Axl+Rose++PNG.png

In 2012, Robert from Twilight can be young Axl Rose.

If Hollywood were to make a movie based on Axl Rose's life, which director would you want at the helm? I think Wes Anderson could make an interesting Axl movie.

Even though it's wildly inaccurate from a historical standpoint, I love the movie The Doors. I'd be cool if Oliver Store were to handle it.

I think it would make a great stoner comedy. Like Fear of the Black Hat meets Oliver Twist.

If Hollywood were to make a movie based on Axl Rose's life, which director would you want at the helm? I think Wes Anderson could make an interesting Axl movie.

Even though it's wildly inaccurate from a historical standpoint, I love the movie The Doors. I'd be cool if Oliver Store were to handle it.

I go with this really. Axls story is very the medias perception in contrast with the truth. He's the archetypal Stone hero who's looking for transcendence.

Edited by wasted

Darren Aronofsky

Wrestler meets Black Swan...

I was thinking more Pi with a touch of Requiem For a Dream, but whatever's clever. I just think he could capture a certain surreal essence- distinctive from his counterparts. Although since Axl has led such an action-packed life, somehow I can't escape the giddy thought of Spielberg making an epic biopic about Axl. With action scenes. And big sets.