Do you expect Axl to be honest in his autobiography?

Guest Sleeping Like An Angel

If Axl released his autobiography, would you be confident he is telling the truth?

In Axl's mind he'd probably think he was being honest but I imagine it might be a little er... different to the reality. I love Axl to death but he seems to live in his own bubble with his own ideals and logic that only make sense to him.

I for one am DYING to read it. I would honestly take a day off work and read the whole thing right away.

Edited by Sleeping Like An Angel

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Satanisk_Slakt

I expect him to be completely sincere about it all if it gets released, but I also think it is like you say, that it's his reality in his head. Which most likely will be very different from most others that were there.

Well, it's impossible to know if Axl is honest because we don't know the real story.

I still would read it though, just to see his side of the break-up, his life between 1994-2000, the long wait until Chinese Democracy, and the endless stories he'll have to tell.

Yeah, I think he will tell the story from his point of view, I don't think there will be any lies consciously made by him.

There's a few very complex areas like the break-up where I don't think either side had the complete overview of what was going on (there's a lot of 'middle-men'), therefore you have to tell the story with the facts you have.

He'll be honest, I mean he usually is honest about whatever is on his mind so my guess is he'd be in his book also.

Like Duff said in his book, his truth may vary from the rest of the people who were there cause he might've experienced it differently than them, but that it was his truth and story. I think that was a good way of putting it.

Yeah, I think he will tell the story from his point of view, I don't think there will be any lies consciously made by him.

There's a few very complex areas like the break-up where I don't think either side had the complete overview of what was going on (there's a lot of 'middle-men'), therefore you have to tell the story with the facts you have.

Yeah and it will be really interesting because you could argue that Axl was the most sober during that period plus when they were at their height (aside from Izzy who I doubt would open up to the level Axl would).

Guest Satanisk_Slakt

Apparenty MSL has a copy of Axl's autobiography or something?

That's what he says.

Edit: He said that it wasn't written to be released however, but as a part of his therapy or something like that.

Edited by Satanisk_Slakt

I also think, he will be completely honest. But think, his truth isn't always the actual truth.

I also think, he sometimes doesn't even know the truth. Cause I think people around him, hasn't been always truthfull to him, for different reasons ( to protect him, personal gain etc.).

Would however so love to read it!

Edited by MBRose

He'll be honest, I mean he usually is honest about whatever is on his mind so my guess is he'd be in his book also.

Like Duff said in his book, his truth may vary from the rest of the people who were there cause he might've experienced it differently than them, but that it was his truth and story. I think that was a good way of putting it.

Yup, concur. I think people may take some exception to that, simply because whilst that is his "truth", "truth" is so subjective. We all have our different viewpoints, that's natural, and I think it would come across as an agenda - even without intention.

Nonetheless, I would be interested to read it.

If Axl released his autobiography, would you be confident he is telling the truth?

In Axl's mind he'd probably think he was being honest but I imagine it might be a little er... different to the reality. I love Axl to death but he seems to live in his own bubble with his own ideals and logic that only make sense to him.

I for one am DYING to read it. I would honestly take a day off work and read the whole thing right away.

Yes I think he will tell the truth, but it will be Axl's truth which could differ from what the others remember or believe. Its like Marc Canter said once about the signing the name over to Axl bit... It was implied to Slash and Duff Axl wouldnt go on unless they signed the agreement, doesnt mean Axl actually said that. But in the minds of Duff and Slash that is true but to Axl its a lie. In the end Axl has to be telling the truth because a contract signed under duress is not valid. Bands are no different than any other relationship, theres 2-sides to every story and somewhere in the middle is the actual truth. I too would love to hear Axl's side and how a lot of what went on effect him or made him feel. Im sure he felt a huge obligation to keep things going