Do you expect Axl to be honest in his autobiography?

Guest Sleeping Like An Angel

If Axl released his autobiography, would you be confident he is telling the truth?

In Axl's mind he'd probably think he was being honest but I imagine it might be a little er... different to the reality. I love Axl to death but he seems to live in his own bubble with his own ideals and logic that only make sense to him.

I for one am DYING to read it. I would honestly take a day off work and read the whole thing right away.

It's only going to take you a day to read a 1200+ page book? LOL.

IF Axl ever released an autobiography about his life in & out of GN'R it'll be more than just a memoir. It'd be 600 pages of venom followed by a 600+ page dissertation on what's wrong with the world, rock and roll, and life in general.

More like 1200 pages of hating Slash.

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If Axl released his autobiography, would you be confident he is telling the truth?

The truth as he sees it, yes. I don't think he would distort anything deliberately, I just don't see him as that kind of guy. So like every GN'R biography it would have to be read critically.

It will be hard reading if his Hall of fame press release is anything to go by. If it was a more down to earth and conversation/telling it like it is, it will be amazing.

Well, it would be amazing reguardless.

However, Axl's never gonna do it.

He'll tell the his version of the truth. After it's been twisted, spit out, chopped and glued back together by years and years of denial, immaturity and asskissers. It'd still be more fun to read than Duff's book.

Since Axl was actually somewhat present, and everybody that actually knows them says that Axl is more honest than Slash; I would expect it to be the closest representation of the truth that we would ever see. If it ever happened.

This.

Like Slash said Axl is honest, but the guy is clearly on another planet not to mention it would be the most long winded rant of his career - the man does not speak directly, rather preferring to litter his words with superfluous verbiage. Those notorious diaries and notebooks might be a good starting point.

I think when people say that Axl is honest they mean it in the sense that he 100% believes that what he is doing or saying is right at that particular point.

Now that doesn't mean that he always IS right. In fact I'd say a lot of what Axl thinks is true is complete horse shit. Take, for example Axls statement he released after the HOF when he claimed the reaction from people had been positive. If he believes that to be true then in his own head he is being honest and truthful in his statement but in most peoples eyes he is full of shit because the reaction was overwhelmingly negative with a handful of people sympathetic to Axl.

Edited by spunko12345

Don't expect AXL to take blame for anything.

I can't see Axl admitting his failures so no.

He's actually said several things to the effect of 'of course i have regrets and am sorry for things i've said and done but I can't actually say that because it will be used against me in court'. He can't say e.g. 'I regret the way we fired Steven' because Adler is litigious. He can't say 'Maybe it was management who told the band they had to sign the agreement or I wouldn't play and maybe they aren't lying' because that would open a huge legal can of worms.

He'll never write one.

He and Baz both confirmed he has written something. But he suggested it's more of a legal document covering the minutiae of the break-up of the band. I have no doubt, personally, that one day he would want to put his entire life story across for the record. He badly wants to be understood and appreciated. He didn't do those huge, deeply personal and open interviews in the early 90s with Spin, RIP and RS just to sell records.

He's actually said several things to the effect of 'of course i have regrets and am sorry for things i've said and done but I can't actually say that because it will be used against me in court'. He can't say e.g. 'I regret the way we fired Steven' because Adler is litigious. He can't say 'Maybe it was management who told the band they had to sign the agreement or I wouldn't play and maybe they aren't lying' because that would open a huge legal can of worms.

He'll never write one.

He and Baz both confirmed he has written something. But he suggested it's more of a legal document covering the minutiae of the break-up of the band. I have no doubt, personally, that one day he would want to put his entire life story across for the record. He badly wants to be understood and appreciated. He didn't do those huge, deeply personal and open interviews in the early 90s with Spin, RIP and RS just to sell records.

Nah, not really in response to the bold. Axl still plays the poor, helpless victim card. Read the LA Times Interview, specifically his getting tripped on an airplane analogy.

We'll get a autobiography from Axl as soon as he can figure out how to completely paint his woe is me portrait.

He'll never write one.

Nah, not really in response to the bold. Axl still plays the poor, helpless victim card. Read the LA Times Interview, specifically his getting tripped on an airplane analogy.

We'll get a autobiography from Axl as soon as he can figure out how to completely paint his woe is me portrait.

You may be right and there's plenty of evidence to suggest it as you say, but i'll always reserve a little benefit of the doubt for him. R.e. the 'airplane tripping' excuse/explanation: I don't expect him to say 'the reason i'm such a massive flake is because of my unresolved emotional and mental problems that means sometimes I want to hide in my room/plane and not come out and deal with the reality of meetings/fans/concerts/erotic fiction novels.