"Anastasia" live

GnR Chris

after looking at this version.

i think this one beats the studio one

is just inspirational, Myles and Slash were beyond awesome, not one single bad note and ripping it, i guess that was one of those nights. lucky audience

Slash should start saving some of these songs from the SBD and upload it to his website for us to get them. :xmassrudolph:

I was at that gig in bamberg and Anastasia was really incredible that night :)

Slash more or less destroyed Mötley Crüe that night, who played after him but were more or less ignored by the crowd *g*

I don't think that Mötley Crüe know that Slash is a lot more popular in Europe than they are.

I was at that gig in bamberg and Anastasia was really incredible that night :)

Slash more or less destroyed Mötley Crüe that night, who played after him but were more or less ignored by the crowd *g*

I don't think that Mötley Crüe know that Slash is a lot more popular in Europe than they are.

Well now they know ;)

• 3 weeks later...

Excellent guitar work, intro is out of this world, catchy and melodic like the best Slash... Myles is another story, he even manages to bring this tune down, dont like him at all. Scott was great and complimented Slash, Myles is boring and i don't like his tone at all.

I love this song, but hell I love the whole album, and not trying to start shitfest but how do you think Axl would sound on this song or do you think it was written for Myles vocal style? and BTW I am a big Myles fan........

Edited by classicrawker

I love this song, but hell I love the whole album, and not trying to start shitfest but how do you think Axl would sound on this song or do you think it was written for Myles vocal style? and BTW I am a big Myles fan........

i think Myles sings it perfect, another guy singing it would've been a totally different song. it would still kick ass, imho Anastasia is a hardcore instrumental song, with Myles's vocals adding an extra touch, specially that second verse all trhu the chours.

after a couple of months listening to Apocalyptic, i must say Myles only shines on a few songs.. i mean, if you go back to Back From Cali, you'll notice how he added a whole different touch to that song, his vocals on that song are INMENSE, same as Starlight.

in this album, there are a few songs where he doesn't really add much.. out of my head, You're a Lie, Hard and Fast, Carolina, even Shots Fired... different story from Halo, Apocalyptic, Anastasia, We Will Roam, Standing on the sun, Not For Me.

i guess what i'm trying to say is some songs (regardless of how good or bad they are) don't seem to portray his presence.. and in others you couldn't think of anyone else to sing them.

Edited by dario27

yeah, this was pretty awesome live. we really enjoyed it. as i listen to the album version something in the song just isn't right to my ear? maybe it's just me. just seems like it's almost "it" but misses. i've been giving this album alot of listens to give it a chance. i didn't like the album much till we saw them live. i would definately see them again if i get the chance.