New Supporters Perks!

highvoltage

I like the idea of a chat room, but 1) I think it's useless for a forum, and 2) since it's only for people who are Supporters, there's only going to be a few people on it.

That's just my opinion though.

1) You'd be surprised how popular these things can be.

2) Becoming a supporter for a full year costs less than a quarter pounder meal in McDonalds so unless you're MSL you really have no excuse not to pony up a couple of dollars. Subsy, HV and the rest of the team are making such an effort to make this place great again that anybody complaining about a couple of dollars really does want fucking till they've got an arsehole like a broken catflap! <_<

Edited by Dazey

I think it should be open for everyone.

Get your hand in your pocket you tight arsed little fucker! :tongue2: It's called an incentive, y' know one of those things to encourage people to contribute to keeping this place going? If everything was made available to everybody it kinda misses the point.

Edited by Dazey

I like the idea of a chat room, but 1) I think it's useless for a forum, and 2) since it's only for people who are Supporters, there's only going to be a few people on it.

The forum itself is open for everyone, but if $5 isn't enough to get the extra perks for a whole year for you, or anyone else who thinks certain things should be for everyone, the I don't know what it would take. :shrugs:

And if your fellow Supporters agree, we'll do it no prob!

Give it a few weeks though, it's only been up a bloody day, lol !!

WOOOH!!! Who made your sig avatar combo???? NICE!!!

Coma -- coolio huh!? ;-)

very coolio. This your way of saying mygnrforum is British forum now thumbsup.gif

Also, what is to happen to mygnr.com?

Very cool!

mygnr.com is still owned by Eric as High mentioned, was not part of the deal

Coma -- coolio huh!? ;-)

very coolio. This your way of saying mygnrforum is British forum now thumbsup.gif

Very cool!

GG - you're friendly with him, and good with that sort of thing, perhaps you could help get that side of things more functional? It's great to see the forum up and running, and working towards a new goal, and it would be good to see that progress also.

I realise that's Eric's personal space and whatever, but I'm sure people would be willing to contribute content etc. and make the whole site and forum altogether more appealling!

Coma -- coolio huh!? ;-)

Very cool!

GG - you're friendly with him, and good with that sort of thing, perhaps you could help get that side of things more functional? It's great to see the forum up and running, and working towards a new goal, and it would be good to see that progress also.

I realise that's Eric's personal space and whatever, but I'm sure people would be willing to contribute content etc. and make the whole site and forum altogether more appealling!

You are right! Give it some time (not saying he is doing anything with it as I have NO idea, who knows ! :) thanks for your input :thumbsup:

Edited by gunsguy

Guest Broskirose

Get your hand in your pocket you tight arsed little fucker! :tongue2: It's called an incentive, y' know one of those things to encourage people to contribute to keeping this place going? If everything was made available to everybody it kinda misses the point.

I can chat with GNR fans in a ton of other places. It's not much of an incentive to me.

I have no problem with incentives to get people to donate, but in this case - I don't think this is the best method. For one thing, there will hardly ever be a chat going. If you're going to have a chatroom you might as well make it good, and making it open only to people who paid, is just going to make it inactive and subpar.

Just my opinion.

I can chat with GNR fans in a ton of other places. It's not much of an incentive to me.

I have no problem with incentives to get people to donate, but in this case - I don't think this is the best method. For one thing, there will hardly ever be a chat going. If you're going to have a chatroom you might as well make it good, and making it open only to people who paid, is just going to make it inactive and subpar.

Just my opinion.

In that case just donate a couple of dollars anyway if you enjoy this place it's really nothing is it really?

Guest Broskirose

Just my opinion.

In that case just donate a couple of dollars anyway if you enjoy this place it's really nothing is it really?

I already mentioned my reasons for not donating (and there are more).

But, I wish nothing but the best for this place. :thumbsup:

Edited by Broskirose

Guest Broskirose

I already mentioned my reasons for not donating (and there are more).

You did? Where?

I'd become a supporter but "Returned" looks so much cooler.

There should be a green Returned group.

Though in hindsight there are several other reasons as well.

:rolleyes:

Yeah, you're a tight arsed freeloading git! :lol:

Edited by Dazey

Guest Broskirose

:rolleyes:

Yeah, you're a tight arsed freeloading git! :lol:

I don't speak spanish.

Guest Broskirose

I don't speak spanish.

Yeah looks like you need to get a handle on English first if this is anything to go on. :rolleyes:

Posts like this just proove you are jelly a fuck.

Keep on trolling.

Arnold ftw

I made a typo so that means I don't have a handle on English?

Ok, whatever you say.

I bet you're a cashba fan. :facepalm: