hitmanhart408

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

about 6 minutes in. the video is mainly about The Compulsions project

edit: don't know why the video didn't embed

I really don't wanna hear DJ on the next album. Too generic and he does not have a melodic ear. Thank you.

No, thank YOU for taking the opportunity to bash a member.

On topic: YAY! Richard confirms what he has said earlier, that the band has already recorded and plan to record more later this year.

I really don't wanna hear DJ on the next album. Too generic and he does not have a melodic ear. Thank you.

On topic: YAY! Richard confirms what he has said earlier, that the band has already recorded and plan to record more later this year.

OMG you are a sensitive one. If he feels Dj doesn't have a melodic ear, that.s not bashing.

"I think DJ wipes back to front."

"OMG YOU BASHER ARGAHAGAHAGAH!"

Chill the hell out.

This worries me a little. This means they will record, tinker, mix and possibly add more/change the vocals. Looks like another 2 years or more.

Yes, probably. That's why I have been guessing that a new record will see the light of day in 2014 or later.

This worries me a little. This means they will record, tinker, mix and possibly add more/change the vocals. Looks like another 2 years or more.

Yeah, I hope they're just gonna re-record the instrumentals ('cause we know it's very unlikely they won't) and get it over with. Maybe add a few new songs but only if Axl doesn't take ages to record his vocals again.

And change musicians, have a lawsuit or 3 etc.....try 5+ years unless it's just CD leftovers.

you guys would be very pessimistic about this!

Axl has a solid stable band now, unlike the C.D. recording years, so I doubt it would take so long to get a record done. Personally I am just hoping they add some Bumble/DJ to existing songs and get them out, but if they are recording an entirely new album, I can't see it taking so long.

Just because they're going back to the studio doesn't actually mean that something will come out of it. Axl has been going back to the studio about 1.200 times before Chinese Democracy was even released, so they've got about 1.198 more times to go.

Got to be honest, I have no interest in an album by Bumblefoot, Dj Ash, Frank. Sure I'll download just to see. Sure if it sounds great i'd do the right thing and part with cash for an original copy. I can't see anything that interests me from these 3 musicians. Not once have I felt the need to buy or even download anything my Dj Ash or Bumblefoot.

Hearing the unreleased work by Buckethead and Robin Finck interests me so much more. Will they use this material on future releases, given that both of them and Brain quit ? - i doubt so.

Edited by vaida

In most band's worlds this means progress is being made. With GNR you never know, members have been claiming studio involvement these past few years and yet nothing has materialized so this doesn't give me any more hope than before

Edited by WhazUp

OMG you are a sensitive one. If he feels Dj doesn't have a melodic ear, that.s not bashing.

"I think DJ wipes back to front."

"OMG YOU BASHER ARGAHAGAHAGAH!"

Chill the hell out.

There is a group of really sensitive posters here who get extremely irate if you say anything negative about Axl and the current band. They live in a world where worship is acceptable, and if you aren't worshipping it isn't becuase you have a different opinion - it's because you are a bitter ex-fan! :rolleyes:

But as for the topic.

It is always good news to hear a band member talking about going to the studio.

You have to take it with a grain of salt though after the CD fiasco. In the past, we've heard release dates from Axl himself that were years off.

What I would love to hear from a band member, preferably Axl, is what is going to be on the next record?

CD holdovers?

Only new songs created by the current band?

A mixture of old and new songs?

How do BBF, Ashba and the drummer feel about releasing 10 year old songs rather than an album full of songs they helped create?

If no old CD songs will be on the album, does Axl every plan on releasing them? The "double album" or 80 songs that were being worked on.

I'm not trying to be pessimistic. But we've been hearing about the band writing songs, hitting the studio, working on tunes, etc for years. So having a band member saying they will go spend some studio time six months from now doesn't really mean that much to us, does it?

I want to hear an album (mostly) recorded by the current line-up. I actually like DJ's style and Sixx AM-songs. Of course, I'm happy with anything Guns release.

Edited by jekylhyde

Just release the cd sessions songs.

I agree completely.

That's why I said if it means already recorded material this is good news. They should just release the material that's been recorded for a decade, and than start from scratch on brand new material. Sure, they can re-record a solo or something just to add input by DJ or Bumblefoot, and they can even have a brand new song on the album. But a album full of brand new material could take years. Especially with Axl's eccentric attitude, his attitude with producers, his manager (Beta) probably won't put him to do what he has to do, and on top of that is a members leaves than it'll be even longer. I would hate to see the follow up to Chinese Democracy take as long to be released as Chinese Democracy did.