"We're getting ready to go back in to the studio" New Fortus Video

hitmanhart408

This worries me a little. This means they will record, tinker, mix and possibly add more/change the vocals. Looks like another 2 years or more.

Yeah, I hope they're just gonna re-record the instrumentals ('cause we know it's very unlikely they won't) and get it over with. Maybe add a few new songs but only if Axl doesn't take ages to record his vocals again.

Err, why would he record the vocals again? He left the IRS, Madagascar and Twat vocals the same from 1999-2008. He changed a few things like the extra lyrics at the end of The Blues but the main vocals were never re-recorded.

In the chats he said 'Robin's work on the next album is done' and also implied he thought Robin would come back to tour.

Ugh, I dunno. Like many i'd rather have all the Bucket/Robin Brain stuff unmolested.

I really hope he releases either a double album or finally sorts shit out with the biz and gets the next two records out a year apart.

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

This worries me a little. This means they will record, tinker, mix and possibly add more/change the vocals. Looks like another 2 years or more.

Yeah, I hope they're just gonna re-record the instrumentals ('cause we know it's very unlikely they won't) and get it over with. Maybe add a few new songs but only if Axl doesn't take ages to record his vocals again.

Err, why would he record the vocals again? He left the IRS, Madagascar and Twat vocals the same from 1999-2008. He changed a few things like the extra lyrics at the end of The Blues but the main vocals were never re-recorded.

In the chats he said 'Robin's work on the next album is done' and also implied he thought Robin would come back to tour.

Ugh, I dunno. Like many i'd rather have all the Bucket/Robin Brain stuff unmolested.

I really hope he releases either a double album or finally sorts shit out with the biz and gets the next two records out a year apart.

A double album would be awesome. One disc could be completely new material, the other could be material recorded with the "old" Nu GN'R. It could include the reworked Oh My God and Silkworms.

Edited by GNR123GNR456

This is good news, it sounds promising. And he's said it several times now. Not just "once said something about recording and the interviewer made it sound like they'd come with an album".

GN'R have changed a lot now. They play shows all over the world all the time, they interact with the fans through twitter etc. they've got an website, message board, fan club, new official merchandise, stream shows online ++ The truth is GN'R now is like another normal band, like things should be in 2012. I have a good feeling on this album :)

In most band's worlds this means progress is being made. With GNR you never know, members have been claiming studio involvement these past few years

They have?? I haven't heard any band member say anything about studio time since the release of CD before Richard said something about it in April this year (and now again) and Dizzy talked about it in May.

about 6 minutes in. the video is mainly about The Compulsions project

edit: don't know why the video didn't embed

I really don't wanna hear DJ on the next album. Too generic and he does not have a melodic ear. Thank you.

No, thank YOU for taking the opportunity to bash a member.

On topic: YAY! Richard confirms what he has said earlier, that the band has already recorded and plan to record more later this year.

OMG you are a sensitive one. If he feels Dj doesn't have a melodic ear, that.s not bashing.

"I think DJ wipes back to front."

"OMG YOU BASHER ARGAHAGAHAGAH!"

Chill the hell out.

There is a group of really sensitive posters here who get extremely irate if you say anything negative about Axl and the current band. They live in a world where worship is acceptable, and if you aren't worshipping it isn't becuase you have a different opinion - it's because you are a bitter ex-fan! :rolleyes:

But as for the topic.

It is always good news to hear a band member talking about going to the studio.

You have to take it with a grain of salt though after the CD fiasco. In the past, we've heard release dates from Axl himself that were years off.

What I would love to hear from a band member, preferably Axl, is what is going to be on the next record?

CD holdovers?

Only new songs created by the current band?

A mixture of old and new songs?

How do BBF, Ashba and the drummer feel about releasing 10 year old songs rather than an album full of songs they helped create?

If no old CD songs will be on the album, does Axl every plan on releasing them? The "double album" or 80 songs that were being worked on.

I'm not trying to be pessimistic. But we've been hearing about the band writing songs, hitting the studio, working on tunes, etc for years. So having a band member saying they will go spend some studio time six months from now doesn't really mean that much to us, does it?

It's a dead end to bash CURRENT members and especially when a nobody says that DJ doesn't have a "melodic ear". I assume that you support THIS version band. Why else would you be here?

DJ is in this band and again, it's pointless to bash current members for something like that. Don't ruin the fun for others. Your criticism is not constructive, just pointless.

If you wanna be a kid about it, I cannot stop you but I do not think you're very funny at all with your "Ohhh, nobody want to hear me talk shit about the current band".

Why would we wanna hear that?!

Edited by Guns n' Swedes

This is good news, it sounds promising. And he's said it several times now. Not just "once said something about recording and the interviewer made it sound like they'd come with an album".

Yes, and after the first interview where he talked about having spent time in the studio prior to RIR, he confirmed to me that they have plans of releasing a new record already this year, but that he makes no promises :)

GN'R have changed a lot now. They play shows all over the world all the time, they interact with the fans through twitter etc. they've got an website, message board, fan club, new official merchandise, stream shows online ++ The truth is GN'R now is like another normal band, like things should be in 2012. I have a good feeling on this album :)

Yes, I am sure now, I do love you.

about 6 minutes in. the video is mainly about The Compulsions project

edit: don't know why the video didn't embed

I really don't wanna hear DJ on the next album. Too generic and he does not have a melodic ear. Thank you.

No, thank YOU for taking the opportunity to bash a member.

On topic: YAY! Richard confirms what he has said earlier, that the band has already recorded and plan to record more later this year.

OMG you are a sensitive one. If he feels Dj doesn't have a melodic ear, that.s not bashing.

"I think DJ wipes back to front."

"OMG YOU BASHER ARGAHAGAHAGAH!"

Chill the hell out.

There is a group of really sensitive posters here who get extremely irate if you say anything negative about Axl and the current band. They live in a world where worship is acceptable, and if you aren't worshipping it isn't becuase you have a different opinion - it's because you are a bitter ex-fan! :rolleyes:

But as for the topic.

It is always good news to hear a band member talking about going to the studio.

You have to take it with a grain of salt though after the CD fiasco. In the past, we've heard release dates from Axl himself that were years off.

What I would love to hear from a band member, preferably Axl, is what is going to be on the next record?

CD holdovers?

Only new songs created by the current band?

A mixture of old and new songs?

How do BBF, Ashba and the drummer feel about releasing 10 year old songs rather than an album full of songs they helped create?

If no old CD songs will be on the album, does Axl every plan on releasing them? The "double album" or 80 songs that were being worked on.

I'm not trying to be pessimistic. But we've been hearing about the band writing songs, hitting the studio, working on tunes, etc for years. So having a band member saying they will go spend some studio time six months from now doesn't really mean that much to us, does it?

It's a dead end to bash CURRENT members and especially when a nobody says that he doesn't have a "melodic ear". I assume that you support THIS band. Why else would you be here.

DJ is in this band and again, it's pointless to bash current members for something like that. Don't ruin the fun for others cause your criticism is not constructive.

If you wanna be a kid about it, I cannot stop you but I do not think you're very funny at all with your "Ohhh, nobody want to hear me talk shit about the current band".

Why would we wanna hear that?!

Thing is though DJ is really generic. I want to hear the material that was worked on by Buckethead and Robin. If a new GN'R album is anything like Sixx AM than it's going to blow.

In most band's worlds this means progress is being made. With GNR you never know, members have been claiming studio involvement these past few years

They have?? I haven't heard any band member say anything about studio time since the release of CD before Richard said something about it in April this year (and now again) and Dizzy talked about it in May.

That's true! It's not until now they've said anything concrete. All the other times we've heard anyone in the band talk about a new album, it's been kind of 'yes I'd like to do that, but don't know when'

"it's the way rock n' roll records should be made - everybody in a room going at it."

might be a little more to that comment than would first appear...

seems like a lot of the GN'R guys give interviews where they express this sentiment.

What I also thought. Maybe a hint.. :D

"it's the way rock n' roll records should be made - everybody in a room going at it."

might be a little more to that comment than would first appear...

seems like a lot of the GN'R guys give interviews where they express this sentiment.

hes referring to The Compulsions album he did. He and other GNR members may feel that is the best way to record, but I think Axl likes to edit songs too much where this wouldn't really be the best approach.

Just because they're going back to the studio doesn't actually mean that something will come out of it. Axl has been going back to the studio about 1.200 times before Chinese Democracy was even released, so they've got about 1.198 more times to go.

Thing is though DJ is really generic. I want to hear the material that was worked on by Buckethead and Robin. If a new GN'R album is anything like Sixx AM than it's going to blow.

well slash was great in Guns and made some of the best songs ever and now listen to his solo records ....they are really generic

I don't really like the idea of a double album. I'd prefer one album of 10 great tracks as opposed to two cds with 28 songs where I have to sift and find the great ones. It was the downfall of UYI, and most other double albums. As the old aphorism goes, quality not quantity.

well slash was great in Guns and made some of the best songs ever and now listen to his solo records ....they are really generic

This would keep the "Cover Band" discussion going on forever. "It's a Bucket solo bla bla bla". Remember that Axl is still in the band and he will have to approve of everything.

I'll just keep it short, sweet, and to the point.

Actions speak louder than words, and ill believe it when I see it.

We've been given hopes of potential progress before, and its hard to tell if this is just an attempt to keep interest in Axl and co, or if Axl is just finally ready to move forward.

Only time will tell, and I really have no more and no less faith than I did before.

Just because they're going back to the studio doesn't actually mean that something will come out of it. Axl has been going back to the studio about 1.200 times before Chinese Democracy was even released, so they've got about 1.198 more times to go.

Got to be honest, I have no interest in an album by Bumblefoot, Dj Ash, Frank. Sure I'll download just to see. Sure if it sounds great i'd do the right thing and part with cash for an original copy. I can't see anything that interests me from these 3 musicians. Not once have I felt the need to buy or even download anything my Dj Ash or Bumblefoot.

Hearing the unreleased work by Buckethead and Robin Finck interests me so much more. Will they use this material on future releases, given that both of them and Brain quit ? - i doubt so.

Im sure it will pretty much be what Fink and Bucket recorded with BBF and DJ playing it. Or with DJ and BBF adding some unneeded layer to a song. I just hope no matter what the release is that its not some over-produced crap. I like CD a lot but if it were stripped down a bit it would have been so much better