Buckethead and Robin are history, get over it and move on.

Towelie

Bucket and Robin aren't missing out on shit. They've done the tours. It's clear they didn't want to anymore. They didn't blow anything. As far as the touring the world thing, have you ever heard of a band called Nine Inch Nails? Face it, Bucket and Finck did their time, saw all guns had to offer, and left. In their time they contributed the most to chinese democracy of any other band member without the last name Rose.

Remember in the 2004 press release where Axl said that Bucket was exploiting guns for his own career? Also have you heard about Ashba swag jeans? I'm sure you haven't until he joined Guns. All ashba has done is fuck up every solo written by any guitarist in gn'r, and did it with stupid skulls painted on $2,000 guitars.

Edited by tuyfuvk17

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's getting tiresome reading all the fawning over BH and Finck on here lately (besides, isn't that what the Former Gunners section is for?).

Agree. If we have to talk about ex-members, at least we should talk about the ones who actually recorded the awesome music the band is most known for. Robin and Bucket are nothing more than a footnote in the GNR legacy. We've already heard what they can do, and it was utterly disappointing imo.

Right on the fucking money patience. I don't have a whole lotta faith in what the current nu band can based on what I've heard from their other projects, specifically dj and bumble, but at least it'd be something different.

I didn't hate cd, but there's more duds than gems on there for me. I'm not really creaming my pants for more of the same vain. And I'm guessing most of the general public wants either something different from cd, or of course, obviously, a reunion. But def.not more cdesque stuff from what I've gathered.

more gems than duds on cd. imo

Agreed !

I agree also. We are still a vast minority in the grand scheme of things though. If the record company thought that a new album from that lineup was viable, we would have had it by now.

Not necessarily, after the way the record company handled the release of cd (booklet errors), not delivering on the marketing side of things, I believe Axl is making sure all his ducks are lined up so to speak, before giving the go ahead.

There must be a shitload of ducks if it takes 4 years to release an album of mostly completed material.

if axl hadn't let a couple of ducks go named bucket, robin, and brain....we'd have cd2 in our stereo players

Guest Gunns

It's getting tiresome reading all the fawning over BH and Finck on here lately (besides, isn't that what the Former Gunners section is for?).

Agree. If we have to talk about ex-members, at least we should talk about the ones who actually recorded the awesome music the band is most known for. Robin and Bucket are nothing more than a footnote in the GNR legacy. We've already heard what they can do, and it was utterly disappointing imo.

Right on the fucking money patience. I don't have a whole lotta faith in what the current nu band can based on what I've heard from their other projects, specifically dj and bumble, but at least it'd be something different.

I didn't hate cd, but there's more duds than gems on there for me. I'm not really creaming my pants for more of the same vain. And I'm guessing most of the general public wants either something different from cd, or of course, obviously, a reunion. But def.not more cdesque stuff from what I've gathered.

Agreed !

I agree also. We are still a vast minority in the grand scheme of things though. If the record company thought that a new album from that lineup was viable, we would have had it by now.

Not necessarily, after the way the record company handled the release of cd (booklet errors), not delivering on the marketing side of things, I believe Axl is making sure all his ducks are lined up so to speak, before giving the go ahead.

There must be a shitload of ducks if it takes 4 years to release an album of mostly completed material.

if axl hadn't let a couple of ducks go named bucket, robin, and brain....we'd have cd2 in our stereo players

I think Bucket would rather be referred to as chicken than duck :rofl-lol:

Agreed !

I think Bucket would rather be referred to as chicken than duck :rofl-lol:

well. axl let a little chickie named buckie go. it was a big mistake for the band the record

Even though, I don't really want it, should DJ leave GnR I'll enjoy a lot seeing some of the current haters making love and comeback threads for him.

Fact is, I do respect a lot those 2 guys and their work for the band, but they left on their own desire to do better than they considered GnR did. In fact, other than Stevie and Gilby I don't remember anyone being fired from GnR so as all the rest, they left when they had enough of being a member. Yeah, they were good, but so are the ones current in the band (chemistry is a lot higher ) and I can't wait to get to see them again in 5 days.

Even though, I don't really want it, should DJ leave GnR I'll enjoy a lot seeing some of the current haters making love and comeback threads for him.

Fact is, I do respect a lot those 2 guys and their work for the band, but they left on their own desire to do better than they considered GnR did. In fact, other than Stevie and Gilby I don't remember anyone being fired from GnR so as all the rest, they left when they had enough of being a member. Yeah, they were good, but so are the ones current in the band (chemistry is a lot higher ) and I can't wait to get to see them again in 5 days.

it's the perfect opportunity for dj 2 leave so robin steps in and does TIL. does his other chidem songs 2. bumblefoot's beard can do slash lol

Guest Broskirose

Agreed !

Dont worry my friend, I have faith in..

"TEAM BRASIL"

Guest Gunns

Agreed !

Dont worry my friend, I have faith in..

"TEAM BRASIL"

haha awesome, where/when did he say that?

Bucket and Robin aren't missing out on shit. They've done the tours. It's clear they didn't want to anymore. They didn't blow anything. As far as the touring the world thing, have you ever heard of a band called Nine Inch Nails? Face it, Bucket and Finck did their time, saw all guns had to offer, and left. In their time they contributed the most to chinese democracy of any other band member without the last name Rose.

Remember in the 2004 press release where Axl said that Bucket was exploiting guns for his own career? Also have you heard about Ashba swag jeans? I'm sure you haven't until he joined Guns. All ashba has done is fuck up every solo written by any guitarist in gn'r, and did it with stupid skulls painted on $2,000 guitars.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l8BRbM52gpc

Edited by dario27

if by "time to shine," you mean time to spend several years re-recording other musicians' stellar performances of mediocre songs, touring smaller and smaller venues, performing mostly covers, then moving on to another band after several years of disappointments and inactivity... then yes, sir... now is their time to shine.

round... 3? or is it 4? i lost track of all the ass axl's been kicking.

Yet people still obsess over him like spurned lovers. Bitterly insulting a man they *say* they think sucks, all the while following said man so closely if he were to stop short they might just shoot up his as and out his pee hole. They can't seem to heal and get past feeling betrayed because their god Slash is no longer in the band.

Almost like their Mommy and Daddy got divorced, but their small child like minds can't get a grip on why Mommy and Daddy don't love each other anymore. They are trapped in 1991(or is it 1987?) when Mommy and Daddy still loved each other and sat together under the Christmas tree handing him presents for the last time.

Guest Broskirose
Robin and Bucket are GNR

Robin and Bucket are NuGNR

fixed for ya

I don't know nor care what NuGNR is.

I'm sure Axl care what is NuGNR...

Anyway NuGNR= 1997 to present incarnation

incarnation of what?

My Twat

are your really this dumb?

my what?

the OP of this thread is a buckethead and robin finck hater. haters hate

Not true at all. I just think the fan worship of these two guys in GNR is a bit ridiculous, considering 1. BH and Finck were only in the band for a relatively short period of time and 2. between them they only have a total of three writing credits out of the fourteen tracks on CD. Dizzy Reed, Chris Pitman, Paul Tobias and Tommy Stinson all have more writing credits on CD than Robin Finck.

I can understand fans romanticising about guys like Slash and Izzy, people who were in the band for years, co-wrote several albums together etc. But BH was only in the band for three years...

Edited by Towelie

Not true at all. I just think the fan worship of these two guys in GNR is a bit ridiculous, considering 1. BH and Finck were only in the band for a relatively short period of time and 2. between them they only have a total of three writing credits out of the fourteen tracks on CD. Dizzy Reed, Chris Pitman, Paul Tobias and Tommy Stinson all have more writing credits on CD than Robin Finck.

I can understand fans romanticising about guys like Slash and Izzy, people who were in the band for years, co-wrote several albums together etc. But BH was only in the band for three years...

but robin co-write the best BIG GUN and guns song on chinese democracy record n guns n roses called better. what have dj ashba or ron thal written that's better?

and you're forgetting the thousands of songs bucket and robin recorded with axl and tommy during the chidem sessions

theses songs will make multiple guns n roses albums of new materials

here is what finck6 wrote on a different board over six months before chinese democracy was released:

"if robin is out of gnr i do not want him on the cd. absolutely not. i want him replaced and his guitar parts erased to be done over by someone else"

Oh I'm sorry, I didn't realize that a person must have the same opinion on a subject today as they did four years ago. Everything finck6 wrote is now invalid, because his opinion has shifted and he wasn't 100% consistent with something he wrote on a message board four years prior.

"if robin is out of gnr i do not want him on the cd. absolutely not. i want him replaced and his guitar parts erased to be done over by someone else"

no because now TIL solo is robin fick and robin finck is gnr. TIL solo is chinese democracy and better because finck wrote it. Finck isn't slash bumblefoot and buckethead because they don't write Better or TIL solo. DJ isn't TIL solo too because TIL solo is GNR. So Chinese Democracy is Robin Finck.

:lol:

no because now TIL solo is robin fick and robin finck is gnr. TIL solo is chinese democracy and better because finck wrote it. Finck isn't slash bumblefoot and buckethead because they don't write Better or TIL solo. DJ isn't TIL solo too because TIL solo is GNR. So Chinese Democracy is Robin Finck.

do you hear robin's TIL EPIC solo? can ashba play EPIC? no he is not robin. does gnr management tell him he cant? who knows. robin needs yet 2 come back 2 play TIL live yet. does bumblefoot play the magic of robin? prostitute's bucket is not bumblefoot whammy, fretless is bad. robin will perform TIL live. does fernando, vanessa bring him back 4 that? we need nu-chinese played at every show. can beta make that happen? i know axl can LOL who knows

but robin co-write the best BIG GUN and guns song on chinese democracy record n guns n roses called better. what have dj ashba or ron thal written that's better?

and you're forgetting the thousands of songs bucket and robin recorded with axl and tommy during the chidem sessions

You have still not heard anything Ashba has written for GnR. What if he's written good songs? Your assumptions are ridiculous as Robin has not had a single songwriting credit before Better. :shrugs:

do you hear robin's TIL EPIC solo? can ashba play EPIC? no he is not robin. does gnr management tell him he cant? who knows. robin needs yet 2 come back 2 play TIL live yet. does bumblefoot play the magic of robin? prostitute's bucket is not bumblefoot whammy, fretless is bad. robin will perform TIL live. does fernando, vanessa bring him back 4 that? we need nu-chinese played at every show. can beta make that happen? i know axl can LOL who knows

i hear robin's EPIC solo on TIL. too bad fans on the current leg of this continued chinese democracy world tour can't hear it. cause they hear dj ashba. dj ashba doesn't do robin's work justice live. including TIL

gnr management is pro axl. they don't tell dj ashba to step aside for robin. they do what axl wants them 2 do with guns n roses. team brazil. really team AXL

You have still not heard anything Ashba has written for GnR. What if he's written good songs? Your assumptions are ridiculous as Robin has not had a single songwriting credit before Better. :shrugs:

dj ashba has 0 guns n roses song writing credits

Yes. They still haven't released a single song since he joined. Same thing could have been said about Finck up until 2006, that's more time playing other people's stuff than Ashba has been in GnR. Please, use arguments that actually have substance instead of just saying random good stuff about Robin that are, a lot of times, completely made up. :rolleyes:

Yes. They still haven't released a single song since he joined. Same thing could have been said about Finck up until 2006, that's more time playing other people's stuff than Ashba has been in GnR. Please, use arguments that actually have substance instead of just saying random good stuff about Robin that are, a lot of times, completely made up. :rolleyes:

you can't change the facts. dj ashba is unproven. so is ron thal. robin finck is proven. robin's by the chinese democracy record. guns n roses concerts and chinese democracy world tours in 2001, 2002, and 2006. robin is proven with the many songs written and recorded for multiple new guns n roses records. robin's proven. dj and ron are not

you can't change the facts. dj ashba is unproven. so is ron thal. robin finck is proven. robin's by the chinese democracy record. guns n roses concerts and chinese democracy world tours in 2001, 2002, and 2006. robin is proven with the many songs written and recorded for multiple new guns n roses records. robin's proven. dj and ron are not

Robin has proven that in more than two decades in two different important rock bands, he has written ONE song that made it to an album. It's a great song, don't get me wrong. But ONE song. Paul Tobias has written more stuff than Robin has. Dizzy has written more stuff than Robin has. Chris Pitman has written more stuff than Robin has. Josh Freese, in his BRIEF stay in GnR wrote one song. People don't wish Robin was back 'cause he was amazing, people wish Robin was back 'cause he got replaced by Mr.Emo Hollywood Rockstar. :rolleyes: