As a fan, how would you say things are going?

TeeJay410

I'd say they're headed in the right direction as compared to the dark ages of '03-'06. Finally touring and whatnot, but there's a lot to be desired.

How about you guys? Think they're on the right track? Would you like to see something done differently?

Guest Broskirose

Ashba needs to go. Not just because I hate everything about him, but because he is going to ruin songs I've been waiting years for. And if that happens.....

Really it just makes me sick. Makes my fucking skin crawl. That person is probably rubbing his hands together in his retarted ashbaswag thinking about how he can rape Robin's solos. It isn't fair to Robin, it isn't fair to GNR and it sure as hell isn't fair to the fans. Get him out. PLEASE. AXL. PLEASE.

'03-'06 weren't "dark" -- we had an IRS leak in '04, and were waiting for a release date for CD which we knew was coming. IMO, 2011 and 2012 have been far "darker." GNR has devolved into a touring jukebox cover band, playing the same setlist night after night after night after night. to top it off, aside from a small handful of "new" (decade old) songs, this is the same setlist they've been playing for over a decade. :sleeper: :sleeper: :sleeper: :sleeper:

Well, they have a new website, that's a positive. They've been active for a long time, that's also a positive.

The negatives: No new music. No new material played at concerts. No idea on when we may get new music. It's basically all speculation and wishing that we get a new album. It's kind of sad to have to hope to get a new album by a band, when every other band puts out a album every few years.

Seriously, they could just release a new single and that would hold some of us over for a little longer.

Yeah, it's definitely going in a positive direction and all in all I'd say things are pretty good right now. What would make it even better was some comments from Axl on his 5-year plan, more specifically: when can we expect a new album and will it be "old" songs or brand new songs. I also fear that this lack of transparency does not only affect us, but also some of the band members. I would also like the band to be more consistent as to when they hit the stage, and never be really late again -- it is really disrespectful to your paying audience. And I would like them to shake up the setlists as bit more, at least shuffle the CD songs more frequently and make things a bit more spontaneous and unpredictable. I would also hope that Bumblefoot would refrain from looking like he is taking a dump whenever he is doing a solo. But all in all, great progress! :)

Edited by SoulMonster

I'd say they're headed in the right direction as compared to the dark ages of '03-'06. Finally touring and whatnot, but there's a lot to be desired.

How about you guys? Think they're on the right track? Would you like to see something done differently?

they're touring. but they've toured before. new music for purchase. unreleased material played live. makes me happy

They are going AMAZING!

Sarcasm or insanity? :confused:

Insanity. Watch out, they're everywhere.

axl can insanity into sanity if he says "i'll play blood in the water at the next concert" or say "the next chinese democracy record is coming in november 2012"

if axl would say this during a concert or right here at this forum as dexter....sanity runs the water cooler at the office. hand in hand

They are going AMAZING!

Sarcasm or insanity? :confused:

Neither, it's my point of view. Problem?

Not only your point of view, but the truth ;)

Ok... so insanity then. :lol:

Insanity. Watch out, they're everywhere.

I see!

What are you, some kind of GNR nazi? Telling people what and what not to like... Kinda lame...

P.S. Why does it bother you so much that I have a differing opinion?

I'd say they're headed in the right direction as compared to the dark ages of '03-'06.

Yes, those were some bad times to be a fan. But there was still an air of genuine hopefulness. There's definitely a different vibe going on now, and it just doesn't feel all that positive at the moment. The tour will be ending soon, and then...well...I guess we'll just wait and see.

If the band is moving forward then they sure as hell are taking baby steps. So IMO things are going better than they were in the "dark ages" but that wasn't a high benchmark to pass anyway. At least the shows are going good and there have been at least some set changes (even though I personally would like to see more, but that is for a different debate)