As a fan, how would you say things are going?

TeeJay410

im pretty happy with how the band has been going, i listen to bands all the time that take 4-8 years to make albums so im not going to bitch piss and moan about that would i love a new album tomorrow damn right but there is plenty of albums that are coming out to keep me interested until gnr make something

If the band is moving forward then they sure as hell are taking baby steps. So IMO things are going better than they were in the "dark ages" but that wasn't a high benchmark to pass anyway. At least the shows are going good and there have been at least some set changes (even though I personally would like to see more, but that is for a different debate)

axl sure is taking baby steps with 2012 guns n roses. that's for sure

I'm shocked at how somebody can call themselves a fan of a band, and then say things are "fantastic" with that band, when they have put out 1 album in the last 15 years.

I wish Axl was a musician who enjoyed releasing music for his fans to enjoy. At this stage in his career, he seems only interested in being a touring band, making a living off of playing old songs. I wish he still had that fire and desire to create new music/magic - and not just live off the past. I don't know if it is an age thing, or if he just got burnt out on creatiing music. Maybe his song writing flame has been completely blown out.

And I'm so sick of this "oh, many bands spend 5-6 years between albums" nonsense. Who cares what other bands do. As a fan, wouldn't you want to hear new music from your favorite band more than once a decade?

I've mentioned this before in other threads recently. And I'm not talking about quality of music. I'm talking about FANS of a specific band. Two bands that are similar, actiually BIGGER, in the music world than GnR. Bands who started in the 80s.

One of them put out FIVE albums from 2000-2010 for their fans to enjoy.

One of them released 9 albums between 1996-2012 for their fans to enjoy.

Axl has put out one album.

If you are a fan of Axl's music, how is this a good thing in your eyes?

I'm not a teenager, so I don't really care about websites and new t-shirts, new posters, new pictures of the band. Don't you have to pay to be a member of the band's website's forum? What does that get you - unreleased music before anybody else hears it? No? Oh, never mind then.

Axl is my favorite rock singer of all time.

But I sure do miss the Axl from 1987-1993 who enjoyed putting out music for his fans to enjoy.

And it is just crazy if you think about. People have said - even I think Axl - that there are a couple of more albums worth of material from the CD sessions, including "heavyweight" songs, songs better than most of the CD songs..........the new band is dying to write, and some of the band members have already wrote songs and submitted them to Axl.................this band should be figuring out a time schedule to release ALL this music.

Releasing all this music would help put forth the negative energy in the rock world concering Axl keeping the name GnR. New music would end all the hired hands, cover band labels. Let these guys stand on their own!!!!

But instead of trying to get these, let's say 3 albums worth of music out for their fans, it's been 4 years since the last album with no mention of a new album coming out soon. Why in the world do you need to wait 8 years between albums, if you have 3 albums of quality music just sitting in your studio library???????

I'm shocked at how somebody can call themselves a fan of a band, and then say things are "fantastic" with that band, when they have put out 1 album in the last 15 years.

I wish Axl was a musician who enjoyed releasing music for his fans to enjoy. At this stage in his career, he seems only interested in being a touring band, making a living off of playing old songs. I wish he still had that fire and desire to create new music/magic - and not just live off the past. I don't know if it is an age thing, or if he just got burnt out on creatiing music. Maybe his song writing flame has been completely blown out.

And I'm so sick of this "oh, many bands spend 5-6 years between albums" nonsense. Who cares what other bands do. As a fan, wouldn't you want to hear new music from your favorite band more than once a decade?

I've mentioned this before in other threads recently. And I'm not talking about quality of music. I'm talking about FANS of a specific band. Two bands that are similar, actiually BIGGER, in the music world than GnR. Bands who started in the 80s.

I'm not a teenager, so I don't really care about websites and new t-shirts, new posters, new pictures of the band. Don't you have to pay to be a member of the band's website's forum? What does that get you - unreleased music before anybody else hears it? No? Oh, never mind then.

But I sure do miss the Axl from 1987-1993 who enjoyed putting out music for his fans to enjoy.

And it is just crazy if you think about. People have said - even I think Axl - that there are a couple of more albums worth of material from the CD sessions, including "heavyweight" songs, songs better than most of the CD songs..........the new band is dying to write, and some of the band members have already wrote songs and submitted them to Axl.................this band should be figuring out a time schedule to release ALL this music.

Releasing all this music would help put forth the negative energy in the rock world concering Axl keeping the name GnR. New music would end all the hired hands, cover band labels. Let these guys stand on their own!!!!

But instead of trying to get these, let's say 3 albums worth of music out for their fans, it's been 4 years since the last album with no mention of a new album coming out soon. Why in the world do you need to wait 8 years between albums, if you have 3 albums of quality music just sitting in your studio library???????

just because you have to bitch piss and moan about the current state of the band doesnt mean everybody else has to. we are fans so how about you stop telling us how we should feel

you're right. axl cares about touring around the world. not releasing the next chinese democracy record of new guns n roses material

You are shocked because you fail to see the difference between current productivity and overall productivity. I am sorry this is beyond you.

GNR set the bar too low, some people are happy with that, some are unhappy. I'm not happy, they hardly play in Brazil and the current members are not interesting, how would I be happy? Why can't I speak my mind? If you want ass-kissing, you can go to htgth.

GNR set the bar too low, some people are happy with that, some are unhappy. I'm not happy, they hardly play in Brazil and the current members are not interesting, how would I be happy? Why can't I speak my mind? If you want ass-kissing, you can go to htgth.

let's see what defense soulmonster comes up with about this lol

because you're right. the bar is low. where's change?

All things considered as good as could be expected.

Seeing as the Bucket line up basically quit and they put together a new line up to tour the record the shows have been great and theyve really represented all songs great. Cementing Chi dem, Better, SoD, TIL, Sorry even Shacklers in the set.

All things considered as good as could be expected.

Seeing as the Bucket line up basically quit and they put together a new line up to tour the record the shows have been great and theyve really represented all songs great. Cementing Chi dem, Better, SoD, TIL, Sorry even Shacklers in the set.

as good as expected if you love general rock concerts in different places around the world

They are going AMAZING!

Sarcasm or insanity? :confused:

Neither, it's my point of view. Problem?

Not only your point of view, but the truth ;)

Ok... so insanity then. :lol:

Insanity. Watch out, they're everywhere.

I see!

What are you, some kind of GNR nazi? Telling people what and what not to like... Kinda lame...

P.S. Why does it bother you so much that I have a differing opinion?

Wow... relax! Where is your sense of humor? I wasn't being serious... Obviously, my opinion is different but I respect what you or anybody else think/like. :shrugs:

Thread title is misleading. "Going" implies motion. nuGNR has been touring on Chinese Democracy since 2001. Every 2-3 years Axl replaces one of his hirelings. Occasionally some Bumblefoot or whoever makes some vague " Sure is GREAT to be back in studio!!" remark. That's about it. Things aren't moving.

Thread title is misleading. "Going" implies motion. nuGNR has been touring on Chinese Democracy since 2001. Every 2-3 years Axl replaces one of his hirelings. Occasionally some Bumblefoot or whoever makes some vague " Sure is GREAT to be back in studio!!" remark. That's about it. Things aren't moving.

Err, they have actually released an album in this period. Isn't releasing music and touring exactly what bands are supposed to do? I agree they could have released more in this period, but that's getting pretty old now. Right now they released a record less than 4 years ago.

But I guess one can't expect a fan base who still whines about the break-up of the UYI lineup to actually get over the fact that the band didn't release anything new between 1994-2008. I guess people complaining about this period of unproductivity will haunt the fan sites for decades to come :/.

Err, they have actually released an album in this period. Isn't releasing music and touring exactly what bands are supposed to do? I agree they could have released more in this period, but that's getting pretty old now. Right now they released a record less than 4 years ago.

But I guess one can't expect a fan base who still whines about the break-up of the UYI lineup to actually get over the fact that the band didn't release anything new between 1994-2008. I guess people complaining about this period of unproductivity will haunt the fan sites for decades to come :/.

it's beyond me why the fan base didn't get over the fact guns n roses didn't release new material from 1994-2008

They are going AMAZING!

Sarcasm or insanity? :confused:

Neither, it's my point of view. Problem?

Not only your point of view, but the truth ;)

Ok... so insanity then. :lol:

Insanity. Watch out, they're everywhere.

I see!

What are you, some kind of GNR nazi? Telling people what and what not to like... Kinda lame...

P.S. Why does it bother you so much that I have a differing opinion?

Wow... relax! Where is your sense of humor? I wasn't being serious... Obviously, my opinion is different but I respect what you or anybody else think/like. :shrugs:

:heart: :heart: :heart: