Welcome to mygnrforum.com Guns N' Roses Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

As a fan, how would you say things are going?

• Please log in to reply
47 replies to this topic

finck6

finck6

GOD

• Read only
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,163 posts
  • 17-May 06

Are they moving forward?

Falsely promising the release of material that was completed over a decade ago does not = moving forward

agreed. promises made. not much results

ohmygod

ohmygod

SUPER GOD

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,676 posts
  • 26-April 03

They are going AMAZING!

Sarcasm or insanity? :confused:

Neither, it's my point of view. Problem?
"I don't think there is another band out right now that has the balls to do what we did last night. Axl insists on doing things his way and not playing by the fucking rules. You can love him or hate him for it, but the fact of the matter is.... he's the real fucking deal. skin, blood and soul. Deal with it or not, but it won't ever change. Long live rock n' roll." Richard Fortus

RocketQueenGNR

RocketQueenGNR

DEMI-GOD

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,037 posts
  • 16-February 11

They are going AMAZING!

Not only your point of view, but the truth ;)
Posted Image
'02:Pukkelpop Hasselt, Belgium
'06: Goffertpark Nijmegen, the Netherlands
'10: Sportpaleis Antwerpen, Belgium
'10: Gelredome Arnhem, the Netherlands
'12: Ahoy Rotterdam, the Netherlands
'12: Warsteiner Hockeypark Monchengladbach, Germany
'12: Graspop Metal Meeting, Belgium

Guest_Broskirose_*

Guest_Broskirose_*
  • Guests
  • --

They are going AMAZING!

Insanity. Watch out, they're everywhere.

RocketQueenGNR

RocketQueenGNR

DEMI-GOD

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,037 posts
  • 16-February 11

They are going AMAZING!

:ph34r:
Posted Image
'02:Pukkelpop Hasselt, Belgium
'06: Goffertpark Nijmegen, the Netherlands
'10: Sportpaleis Antwerpen, Belgium
'10: Gelredome Arnhem, the Netherlands
'12: Ahoy Rotterdam, the Netherlands
'12: Warsteiner Hockeypark Monchengladbach, Germany
'12: Graspop Metal Meeting, Belgium

izzygirl

izzygirl

FRONTMAN

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,785 posts
  • 28-February 10

They are going AMAZING!

Ok... so insanity then. :lol:

I see!

21km35y.jpg

No son ojos porque los ves. Son ojos porque te miran.

finck6

finck6

GOD

• Read only
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,163 posts
  • 17-May 06

They are going AMAZING!

axl can insanity into sanity if he says "i'll play blood in the water at the next concert" or say "the next chinese democracy record is coming in november 2012"

if axl would say this during a concert or right here at this forum as dexter....sanity runs the water cooler at the office. hand in hand

ohmygod

ohmygod

SUPER GOD

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,676 posts
  • 26-April 03

They are going AMAZING!

Ok... so insanity then. :lol:

I see!

What are you, some kind of GNR nazi? Telling people what and what not to like... Kinda lame...

P.S. Why does it bother you so much that I have a differing opinion?
"I don't think there is another band out right now that has the balls to do what we did last night. Axl insists on doing things his way and not playing by the fucking rules. You can love him or hate him for it, but the fact of the matter is.... he's the real fucking deal. skin, blood and soul. Deal with it or not, but it won't ever change. Long live rock n' roll." Richard Fortus

Patience 4 Axl

Patience 4 Axl

FRONTMAN

• SILVER
  • 15,688 posts
  • 25-August 04

I'd say they're headed in the right direction as compared to the dark ages of '03-'06.

Yes, those were some bad times to be a fan. But there was still an air of genuine hopefulness. There's definitely a different vibe going on now, and it just doesn't feel all that positive at the moment. The tour will be ending soon, and then...well...I guess we'll just wait and see.
Posted Image

"I left Guns out of love. Out of love of music and being on stage."- SLASH

Whateva! I'm not some pretenderrr, I'm a native New Yorkerrr!

WhazUp

WhazUp

FRONTMAN

• SILVER
  • 7,702 posts
  • 29-February 08
If the band is moving forward then they sure as hell are taking baby steps. So IMO things are going better than they were in the "dark ages" but that wasn't a high benchmark to pass anyway. At least the shows are going good and there have been at least some set changes (even though I personally would like to see more, but that is for a different debate)

bran

bran

FRONTMAN

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,963 posts
  • 09-March 08
im pretty happy with how the band has been going, i listen to bands all the time that take 4-8 years to make albums so im not going to bitch piss and moan about that would i love a new album tomorrow damn right but there is plenty of albums that are coming out to keep me interested until gnr make something

insomnium_zps2978907e.jpg

"We're nothing more than shadows

Glimmers of hope against the black sky"

finck6

finck6

GOD

• Read only
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,163 posts
  • 17-May 06

If the band is moving forward then they sure as hell are taking baby steps. So IMO things are going better than they were in the "dark ages" but that wasn't a high benchmark to pass anyway. At least the shows are going good and there have been at least some set changes (even though I personally would like to see more, but that is for a different debate)

axl sure is taking baby steps with 2012 guns n roses. that's for sure

The_Universal_Sigh

The_Universal_Sigh

Senior

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 795 posts
  • 20-March 12
I'd say it's pretty much over.

OkCalculator

OkCalculator

Junior

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 172 posts
  • 21-February 11
I'm content. I got to see them live twice. We'll get new music when the time is right and when Axl is ready. If he wants to continue t tour, then that's cool too. I have you lovely folks to keep me company while I patiently wait. :wub:

Posted Image

Groghan

Groghan

FRONTMAN

• SILVER
  • 11,439 posts
  • 15-July 03
I'm shocked at how somebody can call themselves a fan of a band, and then say things are "fantastic" with that band, when they have put out 1 album in the last 15 years.

I wish Axl was a musician who enjoyed releasing music for his fans to enjoy. At this stage in his career, he seems only interested in being a touring band, making a living off of playing old songs. I wish he still had that fire and desire to create new music/magic - and not just live off the past. I don't know if it is an age thing, or if he just got burnt out on creatiing music. Maybe his song writing flame has been completely blown out.

And I'm so sick of this "oh, many bands spend 5-6 years between albums" nonsense. Who cares what other bands do. As a fan, wouldn't you want to hear new music from your favorite band more than once a decade?

I've mentioned this before in other threads recently. And I'm not talking about quality of music. I'm talking about FANS of a specific band. Two bands that are similar, actiually BIGGER, in the music world than GnR. Bands who started in the 80s.
One of them put out FIVE albums from 2000-2010 for their fans to enjoy.
One of them released 9 albums between 1996-2012 for their fans to enjoy.
Axl has put out one album.

If you are a fan of Axl's music, how is this a good thing in your eyes?

I'm not a teenager, so I don't really care about websites and new t-shirts, new posters, new pictures of the band. Don't you have to pay to be a member of the band's website's forum? What does that get you - unreleased music before anybody else hears it? No? Oh, never mind then.

Axl is my favorite rock singer of all time.
But I sure do miss the Axl from 1987-1993 who enjoyed putting out music for his fans to enjoy.

And it is just crazy if you think about. People have said - even I think Axl - that there are a couple of more albums worth of material from the CD sessions, including "heavyweight" songs, songs better than most of the CD songs..........the new band is dying to write, and some of the band members have already wrote songs and submitted them to Axl.................this band should be figuring out a time schedule to release ALL this music.

Releasing all this music would help put forth the negative energy in the rock world concering Axl keeping the name GnR. New music would end all the hired hands, cover band labels. Let these guys stand on their own!!!!

But instead of trying to get these, let's say 3 albums worth of music out for their fans, it's been 4 years since the last album with no mention of a new album coming out soon. Why in the world do you need to wait 8 years between albums, if you have 3 albums of quality music just sitting in your studio library???????

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users