I met Roger Waters of Pink Floyd (pics)

Subtle Signs

I was able to meet Roger Waters briefly before his performance in Toronto at The Rogers Centre on June 24th. Of the 20 or so people waiting to meet him I would say that perhaps 5 were fans with the rest being E-bayers.How do I know this? Well,right before Roger arrived a van screeched towards where everyone was waiting and a bunch of teenage kids jumped out. When Roger's security/tour manager saw them he cut them off and told them he had just seen them at the hotel and to get out of the line. I guess they got him to sign at the hotel and then raced over to the venue to attempt to get him again. Roger pretty much signed for the entire line but I think a couple of true fans who were towards the back may have been cut off. I wore my sweet $5 Roger Waters bootleg shirt that I bought earlier in the week at the Buffalo show thus breaking my usual rule of not wearing the shirt of the band I am going to see.He wouldn't pose for pics so I had to settle for these:

Untitled.jpg

100_3368.jpg

Wow, you finally met someone that isn't a washed-up has-been or a wrassler.

Implying Roger Waters is not a washed-up has-been...

From what I hear, he's a total cock.

I prefer any other PF member over him.

I wouldn't call him a has-been if he still fills up stadiums. He plays music that was made 40 years ago, but still.

Guest Sweet Tooth

I was at this show! What an amazing experience... how do you know where/when to wait for these people? Getting to meet Buckethead and Roger Waters must take a lot of patience and an "in" as well...

I was at this show! What an amazing experience... how do you know where/when to wait for these people? Getting to meet Buckethead and Roger Waters must take a lot of patience and an "in" as well...

Does Buckethead take the mask off when you "meet" him? Or does he communicate through his horror movie character hand puppet? If that's how he does it, I would definitely pass. I would pass anyway, but definitely if I had to talk to his hand puppet.

How is New York his home base? He's English.

He moved to NY years ago, his wife's (#4) a New Yorker. He also did a small show in Southampton (Long Island) a few years ago, Howard Stern talked about a "jam" Bon Jovi, Roger Waters (grudgingly), Billy Joel, and a few others did on Labor Day when he was on the show. Roger lives a few houses from Howard, but has a place in Manhattan. Howard talked about seeing Roger at Jann Wenner's parties back in the 90s, but he's still a UK citizen. He talked about that on Stern. Anthony Hopkins gave up his citizenship.

Rob Halford lives in San Diego, Elton John lives in Atlanta, McCartney has places in NY, LA, and Tucson. Ozzy and Sharon have moved around LA yet kept the same place in England for 25-30 years.