Randy Blythe Detained For Manslaughter

Kill Devil Hill

Lamb of God vocalist Randy Blythe has reportedly been arrested by Czech police on suspicion of manslaughter.

The band were due to play in Prague that night but the show has apparently been cancelled.

Sources allege the incident in question took place two years ago when Blythe was involved in an altercation with a fan who had jumped on stage.

No further details are available at present.

http://www.megustareviews.com/2012/06/news-randy-blythe-reportedly-arrested.html

I'm not a huge Lamb of God fan, but I like 'em enough and holy shit!

[Edit] From a Czech article:

American metal band singer in Prague arrested and accused of killing

Thursday's concert of the American metal band Lamb of God is at club Rock Cafe failed because the singer Randy Blythe was based on information obtained Novelties detained by police. The reason is two years old violent criminal offense, the victim died.

Yesterday 21:40 - Prague

The cancellation of the concert on Thursday informed the organizing agency Obscure: "Today at 11:00 pm we received a message from management Lamb of God, that today's scheduled performance in Prague in the club Rock Café is canceled. The specific reasons we have yet no news. "

"We have arrested singer year 1971, which was accused of a crime of bodily harm in the 4th paragraph, thus resulting in death, "said Prague police spokeswoman news Kropáčová Eve with the fact that the police will be more things to say.

Two years ago, 24 May 2010, is held the first Lamb Of God concert in Prague club Abaton, where, according to information News tragic incident happened.

The official website of the band's fans in the contributions to the Prague speech appeared that the concert "was canceled, because Randy Blythe was arrested for murder committed on the 24th 5th 2010".

Lamb of God, who got together in 1994, are from the album Ashes Of The Wake of the 2004 adored as representatives of a new wave of American heavy metal. If the early material was carried to the extreme and in the spirit of grindcore, hardcore and deathmetal, and later, a group drawn from the legacy of Pantera and other metal bands from the American South.

For a group is typical of strongly anti-religious focus, originally named Burn the Priest. The texts deal with bad human characteristics, especially hypocrisy, but also violence, a song called Omerta (mafia confidentiality law, the violation is punishable by death). The band, however, also criticized the war in Iraq.

Edited by Kill Devil Hill

Guest Broskirose

So I guess this puts a damper on Randys Presidential campaign, eh?

Seriously though...Randy is one of the best vocalists of all time. Hope he didn't do this.

Edited by Broskirose

They were supposed to play the Heavy T.O. Festival in Toronto this summer,was thinking about going.I saw them at Ozzfest years ago and they were really good.

lamb of god issued a press release saying he was wrong accused and the bands lawyers are working on it and expect him to be exonerated

http://www.metalsucks.net/2012/06/28/breaking-randy-blythe-arrested-in-prague-on-charges-of-manslaughter/

Well, if he was just trying to get the guy out of his way and punched him in the temple, that would've killed him instantly and accidentally.

But I really doubt this, tbh. I think Czech is making a big mistake.

he is out of jail now he had to pay 4 million dollars in czech money, which came to be about 200,000 american dollars. supposedly the guy jumped the barricade twice and was warned, on the third time the security went to get him but it was too late and he rushed the stage and blythe pushed him and he fell back into the crowd and hit his head, the guy went into a coma and died weeks later. this was in 2010 the czechs kept it quiet until LOG was supposed to tour with skeletonwitch and when blythe came back to the czech republic was arrested.

safe to say he will stay clear of that country

Well, if he was just trying to get the guy out of his way and punched him in the temple, that would've killed him instantly and accidentally.

But I really doubt this, tbh. I think Czech is making a big mistake.

he is out of jail now he had to pay 4 million dollars in czech money, which came to be about 200,000 american dollars. supposedly the guy jumped the barricade twice and was warned, on the third time the security went to get him but it was too late and he rushed the stage and blythe pushed him and he fell back into the crowd and hit his head, the guy went into a coma and died weeks later. this was in 2010 the czechs kept it quiet until LOG was supposed to tour with skeletonwitch and when blythe came back to the czech republic was arrested.

safe to say he will stay clear of that country

I just read about that a few hours ago. Crazy shit! I feel bad for Randy. It wasn't really his fault.

Guest Broskirose

I feel bad for him as well. People get pushed off the stage all the time at concerts. It's not like he tried to kill the guy. And the fan came on stage 2 times previous that. He has no one to blame but himself. Also, how the fuck does security let the same guy get on stage 3 times?

Now Randy has to pay $200,000 and live the rest of his life knowing he killed someone. The fan and security are to blame here.

I feel bad for him as well. People get pushed off the stage all the time at concerts. It's not like he tried to kill the guy. And the fan came on stage 2 times previous that. He has no one to blame but himself. Also, how the fuck does security let the same guy get on stage 3 times?

Now Randy has to pay $200,000 and live the rest of his life knowing he killed someone. The fan and security are to blame here.

agreed with you and KDH, when i first heard about this they made it sound like randy took the guy and clubbed him to death with his mic stand or something

the guy was warned twice and after what happend to dimebag musicians are really nervous as it is when people get on stage. i doubt dimebag thought a guy on stage was their to kill him, i have read some people saying thats bullshit and dimes murder had nothing to do with this :rolleyes:

i think in a lot of ways this world has really lost the concept of your actions carry consequences