Will Dj write a hit for GNR?

wasted

Given his track record with Sixx Am and Motely do you think Dj will write a hit for GNR?

Or will just become part of the tapestry or not even get a credit on CD 2.

I think it could happen almost by accident. Dj has the sound that is popular right now. Coupled with Axls vocals. If they don't over complicate it and the lyrics are simple.

• Replies 300
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

that's why I said almost be accident. If he writes a song with Axl it could be a hit, not because they were trying to write a hit but because his style will just tilt it that way. I just think Dj brings them closer to the mainstream than Bucket or Finck. Ron is more the go to guy for if Axl wants to write an epic.

Rock music doesn't sell like it used to. If Axl is going to have a it's going to have be very light like Jason Mraz or James Blunt. He's going to have to go hipster with D J playing an Ovation guitar.

yeah its sad what rock music has turned into the cult released a great album that should have been given some mainstream success. rock used to have balls and used to be in your face now its limp and corporate

Honestly, who knows. Who knows if even Axl can still write hits? Just because someone has been able to write hits before is no guarantee they'll be able to write hits going forward. Look at Bob Dylan, Paul McCartney, Chris Cornell, Bono, etc. I've always viewed musicians much like athletes, they have their prime years followed by a fading of their talents.

Cheers,

Andrew

I guess a song that propels the record to a million sales in the first two weeks would be a hit. but it might not really be a hit. or get put on those highway truck stop cds you pick up in gas stations.

Honestly, who knows. Who knows if even Axl can still write hits? Just because someone has been able to write hits before is no guarantee they'll be able to write hits going forward. Look at Bob Dylan, Paul McCartney, Chris Cornell, Bono, etc. I've always viewed musicians much like athletes, they have their prime years followed by a fading of their talents.

Cheers,

Andrew

Axl obviously can't write hits. It took him 14 years or whatever it was to finish Chinese Democracy and none of it turned into a hit. If he can't get it together 14 years with the help of virtually anyone who was popular over the time the album was recorded someone like Ashba won't push him into the right direction now.

Was Sixx AM a hit? I know it was critically well received but how did it sell, and how much of a hand did DJ play?

Regardless, the main issue between DJ writing a hit for guns is if Axl truly wants to sing the sort of songs DJ is best at writing. Sure listening to Sixx AM you can hear how Axl might sound good on them, but is there any indication that he'd want to do a song like that? If anything gets DJ kicked out or forces him to leave, I believe it will be that he and Axl don't see eye to eye creatively.

Album

Year Chart Peak position

2008 European Top 100 1[86]

Argentina Albums Chart 1[87]

Canadian Albums Chart 1[88]

Finnish Albums Chart 1[89]

New Zealand Albums Chart 1[90]

Polish Albums Chart 1[91]

Slovene Albums Chart 1[92]

Swiss Albums Chart 1[93]

Taiwanese G-music Western Chart 1[94]

UK Albums Chart 2[61]