Welcome to mygnrforum.com Guns N' Roses Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

Does the fangirlism of Axl Rose ever turn you off from GN'R?

• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

WillieC

WillieC

Full

• Returned
  • PipPipPip
  • 285 posts
  • 04-October 10
Given the recent threads, I think it would be a good time to make this thread.

I mean, am I really following an 80s hairband that happens to have a former pretty-boy for a singer? Am I basically a quasi-Ricky Martin or Backstreet Boys fan? I liked GN'R for the music but over the years I kind of feel shamed to even admit liking this band. You know, I like him as a singer. He has a cool voice, and I love the music he used to make but when some others describe their fanatical worshiping admiration for him, it's like they are on a different planet fawning unconditional love for him. At least, they are liking the band for a different than I was so it's almost like they like a different band. I'm not a female so I can't look at it from their persuasion anyway but does anyone else feel ashamed a little to admit they like the band publicly the same way they'd feel ashamed to admit they liked Poison or Winger?

Posted Image

I'll admit it. He is very good looking.

Posted Image

TeeJay410

TeeJay410

GOD

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,971 posts
  • 13-March 06

Edited by tuyfuvk17, 28 June 2012 - 11:28 PM.

Posted Image
Now fully aligned with those who must not be named.

Kill Devil Hill

Kill Devil Hill

SUPER GOD

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,194 posts
  • 14-July 11
I actually think that's an awful picture of him.

Though it is quite prophetic, isn't it? :tongue2:

In regards to Slash, I read a desperate fan's message about, what if one of us were to die and looking back I had the possibility of a reunion now, blah blah blah. And my thoughts are, "Yeah, and while you're at the show your baby accidentally kicks a candle and burns your house down, killing himself and the rest of your family."

Guest_Broskirose_*

Guest_Broskirose_*
  • Guests
  • --

:rofl-lol:

Guest_GHS_*

Guest_GHS_*
  • Guests
  • --

Given the recent threads, I think it would be a good time to make this thread.

I mean, am I really following an 80s hairband that happens to have a former pretty-boy for a singer? Am I basically a quasi-Ricky Martin or Backstreet Boys fan? I liked GN'R for the music but over the years I kind of feel shamed to even admit liking this band. You know, I like him as a singer. He has a cool voice, and I love the music he used to make but when some others describe their fanatical worshiping admiration for him, it's like they are on a different planet fawning unconditional love for him. At least, they are liking the band for a different than I was so it's almost like they like a different band. I'm not a female so I can't look at it from their persuasion anyway but does anyone else feel ashamed a little to admit they like the band publicly the same way they'd feel ashamed to admit they liked Poison or Winger?

Posted Image

I'll admit it. He is very good looking.

Man, I can't complain about that flashy visual aspect of Guns n' Roses. When I was a boy, like 15 years old, and girls were still GNR fanatics back then, I always knew how to take advantage of this. I was a very pretty boy, with long blonde hair, and there were this 5 girls who simply worshiped me because I was kind of an Axl-surrogate for their lives. Well, later they were a little bit disappointed when they discovered I hadn't super sized balls. But I figured out how to enjoy those days. So, no, I don't feel ashamed at all.

Crash Diet

Crash Diet

OH MY GOD

• Returned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,895 posts
  • 22-October 11
Does the fangirlism of Axl Rose ever turn you off from GN'R?

Yes

But i never felt myself ashamed, because i like GNR. The "fangirlism" also lame, but "neccesary" with this type of blockbuster bands, like GNR.

Old GNR became the biggest band in the world, and they died with that title. Nobody knocked them off the top, they did it themselves.

we were the left overs... the "hardcore" fans

Sleeping Like An Angel

Sleeping Like An Angel

Near, Far, Wherever You Are!

• Returned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,800 posts
  • 11-September 10
No I love to be with my own kind.

I spent about an hour going through some Axl pictures with two males trying to pick out where he looked his best. We didn't agree on any of them! They picked out the worst ones.

I have the same taste as Miser. Miser can pick out great ones with Axl looking his best.

3129u77.jpg

Dublin '06 / Rome '10 / London '10 / London '10 / Birmingham '10 / Manchester '10
Dublin '12 / Glasgow '12 / Manchester '12 / London '12
/ Las Vegas '12 - 21st, 23rd & 24th

"Top o' the mornin' to ya" - A. Vedder

Guest_Satanisk_Slakt_*

Guest_Satanisk_Slakt_*
  • Guests
  • --

No I love to be with my own kind.

I spent about an hour going through some Axl pictures with two males trying to pick out where he looked his best. We didn't agree on any of them! They picked out the worst ones.

I have the same taste as Miser. Miser can pick out great ones with Axl looking his best.

:question:

We agreed on lots of them. :lol:

Guest_Broskirose_*

Guest_Broskirose_*
  • Guests
  • --
SKYPE CREW ASSEMBLE

Sleeping Like An Angel

Sleeping Like An Angel

Near, Far, Wherever You Are!

• Returned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,800 posts
  • 11-September 10

SKYPE CREW ASSEMBLE

What? Why do people say that all the time?

3129u77.jpg

Dublin '06 / Rome '10 / London '10 / London '10 / Birmingham '10 / Manchester '10
Dublin '12 / Glasgow '12 / Manchester '12 / London '12
/ Las Vegas '12 - 21st, 23rd & 24th

"Top o' the mornin' to ya" - A. Vedder

Axl_morris

Axl_morris

FRONTMAN

• Supporters
  • 6,822 posts
  • 03-February 05
The only time I've felt awkward is at the shows when I was standing at DJ's side where there was loads of dj-fan-girls that were going over the top and I felt like I was at One Direction/Justin Bieber Concert. *shudders*

As for axl I don't think you need to worry about him being a hairband pretty boy these days Posted Image

#cut4bumblefoot

PirateChick

PirateChick

Full

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 463 posts
  • 31-October 09

lol :xmasssanta:
Posted Image

MB.

MB.

SUPER GOD

• Supporters
  • 3,670 posts
  • 15-December 08

The only time I've felt awkward is at the shows when I was standing at DJ's side where there was loads of dj-fan-girls that were going over the top and I felt like I was at One Direction/Justin Bieber Concert. *shudders*

As for axl I don't think you need to worry about him being a hairband pretty boy these days Posted Image

So not true!
The concert in the Netherlands was visited actually by a lot of beautifull young woman, screaming for Axl! Really suprising actually.

Patience 4 Axl

Patience 4 Axl

FRONTMAN

• Supporters
  • 15,238 posts
  • 25-August 04

He has a cool voice, and I love the music he used to make but when some others describe their fanatical worshiping admiration for him, it's like they are on a different planet fawning unconditional love for him. At least, they are liking the band for a different than I was so it's almost like they like a different band. I'm not a female so I can't look at

I only see this on forums, and occassionaly some shows, and I think it's kind of funny, sometimes bordering on creepy because of his age now. Axl was never my type, he was way too feminine looking for my tastes. Majority of their fans are guys, you see it here and at the gigs. It's mostly for the music, but there's always the few scarey obsessive ones, like several of the posters here, who take their fandom way too seriously.
Posted Image

"I left Guns out of love. Out of love of music and being on stage."- SLASH

Whateva! I'm not some pretenderrr, I'm a native New Yorkerrr!

RocketQueen1985

RocketQueen1985

SUPER GOD

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,584 posts
  • 19-July 10

So not true!
The concert in the Netherlands was visited actually by a lot of beautifull young woman, screaming for Axl! Really suprising actually.

Girls were screaming for Axl at all the shows I have been to. The teenagers mostly scream for Dj, but in my experience women in their 20's scream for Axl quite a bit at the shows :)

tumblr_n4ygp0ZSt51qi31vgo1_400.gif

"He (Axl) is someone that loves sharing pictures of cats with my wife.

That's the guy I know."

- Bumblefoot

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users