Does the fangirlism of Axl Rose ever turn you off from GN'R?

WillieC

Given the recent threads, I think it would be a good time to make this thread.

I mean, am I really following an 80s hairband that happens to have a former pretty-boy for a singer? Am I basically a quasi-Ricky Martin or Backstreet Boys fan? I liked GN'R for the music but over the years I kind of feel shamed to even admit liking this band. You know, I like him as a singer. He has a cool voice, and I love the music he used to make but when some others describe their fanatical worshiping admiration for him, it's like they are on a different planet fawning unconditional love for him. At least, they are liking the band for a different than I was so it's almost like they like a different band. I'm not a female so I can't look at it from their persuasion anyway but does anyone else feel ashamed a little to admit they like the band publicly the same way they'd feel ashamed to admit they liked Poison or Winger?

w-axl-rose-507914l.jpg

I'll admit it. He is very good looking.

I mean, am I really following an 80s hairband that happens to have a former pretty-boy for a singer? Am I basically a quasi-Ricky Martin or Backstreet Boys fan? I liked GN'R for the music but over the years I kind of feel shamed to even admit liking this band. You know, I like him as a singer. He has a cool voice, and I love the music he used to make but when some others describe their fanatical worshiping admiration for him, it's like they are on a different planet fawning unconditional love for him. At least, they are liking the band for a different than I was so it's almost like they like a different band. I'm not a female so I can't look at it from their persuasion anyway but does anyone else feel ashamed a little to admit they like the band publicly the same way they'd feel ashamed to admit they liked Poison or Winger?

w-axl-rose-507914l.jpg

Man, I can't complain about that flashy visual aspect of Guns n' Roses. When I was a boy, like 15 years old, and girls were still GNR fanatics back then, I always knew how to take advantage of this. I was a very pretty boy, with long blonde hair, and there were this 5 girls who simply worshiped me because I was kind of an Axl-surrogate for their lives. Well, later they were a little bit disappointed when they discovered I hadn't super sized balls. But I figured out how to enjoy those days. So, no, I don't feel ashamed at all.

Guest Sleeping Like An Angel

No I love to be with my own kind.

I spent about an hour going through some Axl pictures with two males trying to pick out where he looked his best. We didn't agree on any of them! They picked out the worst ones.

I have the same taste as Miser. Miser can pick out great ones with Axl looking his best.

Guest Satanisk_Slakt

I spent about an hour going through some Axl pictures with two males trying to pick out where he looked his best. We didn't agree on any of them! They picked out the worst ones.

I have the same taste as Miser. Miser can pick out great ones with Axl looking his best.

:question:

We agreed on lots of them. :lol:

The only time I've felt awkward is at the shows when I was standing at DJ's side where there was loads of dj-fan-girls that were going over the top and I felt like I was at One Direction/Justin Bieber Concert. *shudders*

As for axl I don't think you need to worry about him being a hairband pretty boy these days thumbsup.gif

The only time I've felt awkward is at the shows when I was standing at DJ's side where there was loads of dj-fan-girls that were going over the top and I felt like I was at One Direction/Justin Bieber Concert. *shudders*

As for axl I don't think you need to worry about him being a hairband pretty boy these days thumbsup.gif

So not true!

The concert in the Netherlands was visited actually by a lot of beautifull young woman, screaming for Axl! Really suprising actually.

He has a cool voice, and I love the music he used to make but when some others describe their fanatical worshiping admiration for him, it's like they are on a different planet fawning unconditional love for him. At least, they are liking the band for a different than I was so it's almost like they like a different band. I'm not a female so I can't look at

I only see this on forums, and occassionaly some shows, and I think it's kind of funny, sometimes bordering on creepy because of his age now. Axl was never my type, he was way too feminine looking for my tastes. Majority of their fans are guys, you see it here and at the gigs. It's mostly for the music, but there's always the few scarey obsessive ones, like several of the posters here, who take their fandom way too seriously.

So not true!

The concert in the Netherlands was visited actually by a lot of beautifull young woman, screaming for Axl! Really suprising actually.

Girls were screaming for Axl at all the shows I have been to. The teenagers mostly scream for Dj, but in my experience women in their 20's scream for Axl quite a bit at the shows :)

Hey OP, why are you surprised to find people obsessed with the lead singer of the band this forum is dedicated to? I wouldn't exactly be shocked to go on to a Aerosmith board only to find people are obsessed with Steve Tyler you know?

:question:

We agreed on lots of them. :lol:

Oh in that 80's thread? Sure but not the time a few of us were picking our fav shots. We didn't agree.

This forum is dedicated to GN'R, not Axl. That's pretty egocentric to say this is for Axl. I used to curious about him but I am not anymore. I used to really like Axl Rose. I don't respect people I feel immoral and in recent years I've concluded he's done the most harm to others. The fact that people would defend him simply because they were in love with man sort of gave me a reality check.

I was put on the spot around on the office a while where everyone had tell a little about themselves in a question set, including stating what they're favorite artist was. I ended up not replying to the email altogether because I didn't want to embarrass myself in front of my co-workers. Not that they would look down upon me that much but Nirvana & GNR seems antiquated considering I am an adult now so I didn't risk it and didn't want to lie.

These days I've come to realize that my teenage angst is gone, and the rebellious passion that was in GN'R music doesn't really apply to me anymore. The fangirlism puts it to a head though because it makes me self-analyze why I am liking this band, and acknowledge none of the people I know are.

I actually think that's an awful picture of him.

Though it is quite prophetic, isn't it? :tongue2:

It actually took me a while to get it. I must be dim.

I just googled "Axl Rose Sexy". None of the other pics were even close to sexy :P.

w-axl-rose-507914l.jpg

No offense but it Sounds like you are struggling with some deep seated issues there Willie:p

GNR was never a hair band,they basically killed the hairbands doing irreperable damage to the Aqua Net Company in the process,and everyone started doing their best to snake dance.

unlike Poison,Warrant;Winger etc. GNR had real street Credibility;lived what the songs were about and explored some very dark places that people would rather ignore than confront.

and Still refuse to play by the rules!

For the love of God please refrain from comparing GNR to Rickey Martin or The Backstreet Boys

As for the girls;Ladies they are wired different than Us and it shouldn't affect you,however the two chicks with the video camera last year were mondo creepy,the chicks on the speaker were a bit distracting.Silly Me,I thought the Lesbian Show should start after the show,I've seen better. ;)

Not in any way ashamed to admit GNR has been my band of choice since 88' and still are.

I'll openly admit that I'm a fangirl. I mean, I like GnR for the music (actually I got into the music before I ever saw a picture of the band) but it didn't hurt that they were all really pretty! Never have I come across a band that had the entire package like they did.

Anyway, I think you are probably facing bigger issues then "fangirlism". If you are self-analysing why you like this band, maybe it's time to move on? It happens you know, sometimes you can like something for years but one day realise that you just don't care enough anymore. :shrugs:

This forum is dedicated to GN'R, not Axl.

Yeah it's for GN'R not just Axl but I still don't get why it confuses you that people are obsessed with the lead singer of the band. Where else would you go to talk about him if you like him? :question: