Official "Ask Admin/Mod" a question thread

Snowmass

Damn! Every day I see outrageous posts in the main section that almost drives me away.

:lol:

Yeah, coming from him that appears to be pure, disingenuous grandstanding. He certainly has not helped make anyone feel welcome here.

Oh he's such a fragile little flower, bless his heart! "Outrageous it is!" Says Disgusted of Milton Keynes! "I simply cannot countenance it a moment longer and must take leave of this place!" :lol:

• Replies 382
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Can the word filters please be removed?

Filters do need looking at i agree -- Thanks you, I've posted this in the mod section so we'll come back to you, thanks!

Speaking for myself and I think the rest of the moderating team as well, it really comes down to context. If you're sitting there expressing your thoughts in an intelligent way, saying you think Slash is a sell-out who has squandered his talent, I may not agree with you entirely - but I'm not going to censor your post if you're saying it in a reasonable fashion. Likewise, if you dislike things about Axl, and express it in a manner that is constructive or at least sensible, I'm not gonna censor you at all. I can't get more specific than that, because it varies case-by-case -- I think it ultimately comes down to common sense. Humans should have a basic understanding of the concept between expressing a negative opinion and just trolling/name-calling. If you would consider it nasty behavior in day-to-day life, then saying it on the forum isn't any different. So if you're just creating posts calling Slash a Sla$hole or saying Axl is a fat asshole (as someone recently did), you're going to be called out on it, and for good reason. In my eyes, nothing is not allowed to be discussed, but read the rules and use some common sense in posting and you shouldn't find yourself in any trouble.

It's been my experience lately that some people on this board are uber sensitive to ANY sort of criticism, no matter how intelligently and respectfully it is phrased. While I agree there are some legitimate "cupcakes" on the forum, on both sides of the fence, (and no not just the "returned" group as some have said) simply having an opinion different from someone else has become grounds to be labled a hater/cupcake/bitter ex-fan, etc. I expressed this briefly in another thread and Zint acknowledged it. This to me has become one of the bigger issues on the forum right now.

There's a small group of people who refuse to tolerate any opposing view point whatsoever, and instead of debating the post, are immediately throwing out one of the above labels and attacking the poster. There's just so many times I can explain "why are you here" (after 8 years no less) and really, why should I have to, simply because I don't agree with something. Just debate what I freakin wrote, no need to make it personal. That is the major flaw with nufans here. I don't psychoanalyze why they're here or worship a guy they don't even know just because they like some of his tunes, how about the same courtesy. This wouldn't normally be an issue for me, but the influx of entitled whining has reached an all time high. I don't think I've ever reported someone here and I have no plans to, but since you guys are allowing us open discussion, it's something I wanted to mention.

For the record, I think you are all doing a stellar job with running the forum so far. I hope you guys are taking any criticism with a grain of salt. In reality you guys don't have to explain anything to us, yet Subs, HV, you and Zint always find the time to do it. This place is for fun, and that outweighs any of the other nonsense. The plans for restructure should help with some of the problems that others may be having. Subs has put his heart (and hard earned money!) into this project and is determined to make this a great place for everyone. With HV and the mods behind him, I'm sure all the hard work will pay off. ^_^

Thank you soo much for those kind and intelligent words about the takeover and effort we're putting in - It's nice to get some decent feedback every now and again to ensure I'm not going insane and that I'm not ruining people lives on here, many thanks!!:heart:

Will there be a thread called Banned Members so we know who's banned and maybe one for suspensions

Ermmmm....? hmm.

Do you know i'm not keen on this but I'll leave this one with High' -- If he wants it added, he can, thank you!:)

Subs I think the vast majority of people on here agree that you and the mod team are doing a fucking great job and the rest need to have a long hard think about why we even have a forum right now, least of all one that's better than its been in years if ever. :thumbsup:

I've got a question for the mods.

With this new mod team and the restructure of the forum..ect, what sort of relationship do the mod team have in terms of, relationships with the Guns N Roses management or Axl himself?

in terms of crushing rumours or whatever, on professional point of view. Obviously with the old team, they had Axl come on and chat, also, they cooperated with the leaks. Will there be any attempts to strengthen the forum and GNR's managements friendship? Or are we just simply ignored as a forum by the band/management?

As part of the takoever, Eric made Guns N' Roses aware of the takeover. In terms of a relationship with the band, obviously we want to promote a positive relationship with all members past and present of GNR, with mygnrforum, which we hope will benefit it's members and members of this forum. What will not happen, is the admin team being told what to do by anyone, we'll do it the way in which we feel best serves the majority of members on this forum.

Bear in mind Axl main posts (and first) on this forum happened when madison was admin, and look what transpired there! so i dont honestly think it was Eric who personally drove Axl Rose to mygnrforum (I might be wrong here, that's just an opinion by the way). We want to be respectful of the band but at the same time allow intelligent debate and criticism, currently it's gone beyond that on a few occasion in the main section and that needs to be addressed.

Subs I think the vast majority of people on here agree that you and the mod team are doing a fucking great job and the rest need to have a long hard think about why we even have a forum right now, least of all one that's better than its been in years if ever. :thumbsup:

The problem is, you 'sucking up' makes it hard for the mods to moderate your posts because they think you are buddy buddy with Subsy. If you want to do that, then send him a PM.

The problem is, you 'sucking up' makes it hard for the mods to moderate your posts because they think you are buddy buddy with Subsy. If you want to do that, then send him a PM.

Hahaha! Please? You're lecturing me on being a kisass? :lol: Also if I'm being a cunt the mods have no problem letting me know about believe me. Just cos you're butthurt and people don't agree with you doesn't mean they lack integrity. Also, saying this place is a million percent better isn't sucking up its stating a fact!

Edited by Dazey

No, that's not a problem at all -- You touched on this is another post which was basically implying it was hard for me and High to moderate because 'supporters who we adding financial support to this forum made it difficult to manage' (words to that effect), god forbid Mysteron he might actually feel we're doing a decent job!?:o There is no mod on here that's insecure about challenging me, trust me, your hair would fall out if you saw some of ours challenging discussions -- Ask any of them privately if they feel they've ever had this same level of support previously and see what they say!?

sooo, I'll ask myself a question in relation to that and answer it for you! Q- Would you moderate a supporter in the same way on this forum? A- Yes, no-one can buy the affection/special dispensation from this forum what so ever, not a chance, fact. Nice try though.

I've always had a great relationship with Dazey before being a mod or admin (go figure!?!?) and for you to imply differently is rude, unintelligent and unhelpful.

Either ask a respecful question in here, or don't, please :)

Oh and I'd point out that I've had "friendly advice" from ER, Black Sabbath, Subs and HV since the takeover so that kinda blows that argument out of the water! ;)

Edited by Dazey

Oh and I'd point out that I've had "friendly advice" from ER, Black Sabbath, Subs and HV since the takeover so that kinda blows that argument out of the water! ;)

If you would just learn to fucking behave yourself, you wouldn't be receiving that advice. :lol:

On topic: I share your sentiments about the board. I do think it is going very well and things are moving along nicely. I give massive props to subs for keeping the board alive and I appreciate the work that.everyone is putting into it. I am definitely looking forward to the final result.

If that puts me in the suckup club with you, so be it. At least I have good company. ;)

Edited by Damn_Smooth

If you would just learn to fucking behave yourself, you wouldn't be receiving that advice. :lol:

this

this

You'll note that DS is one of the biggest new band fans on here and he wasn't pissing his pants over that comment. Seemed like a little light hearted banter to me and an example of how we can all get on without being too precious. ;)

mooning.gif

No, that's not a problem at all -- You touched on this is another post which was basically implying it was hard for me and High to moderate because 'supporters who we adding financial support to this forum made it difficult to manage' (words to that effect), god forbid Mysteron he might actually feel we're doing a decent job!?:o There is no mod on here that's insecure about challenging me, trust me, your hair would fall out if you saw some of ours challenging discussions -- Ask any of them privately if they feel they've ever had this same level of support previously and see what they say!?

sooo, I'll ask myself a question in relation to that and answer it for you! Q- Would you moderate a supporter in the same way on this forum? A- Yes, no-one can buy the affection/special dispensation from this forum what so ever, not a chance, fact. Nice try though.

I've always had a great relationship with Dazey before being a mod or admin (go figure!?!?) and for you to imply differently is rude, unintelligent and unhelpful.

Honestly, I just think Dazey should give up offering up defence and advice in this section. He'd be good company in a pub, just not here. His kind of British humour is embarassingly bad for overseas people.

I am offering up advice, that is all haha

Honestly, I just think Dazey should give up offering up defence and advice in this section. He'd be good company in a pub, just not here. His kind of British humour is embarassingly bad for overseas people.

You mean like Subs? Oh hang on...........

this

You'll note that DS is one of the biggest new band fans on here and he wasn't pissing his pants over that comment. Seemed like a little light hearted banter to me and an example of how we can all get on without being too precious. ;)

mooning.gif

I think you quite funny, but I cannot imagine a worldwide audience taking to you straight away

Lets Subsy and co post for themselves, I just think that would be a good thing for now, I think.

I am offering up advice, that is all haha

I think he is funny and I am American...

I think you quite funny, but I cannot imagine a worldwide audience taking to you straight away

Lets Subsy and co post for themselves, I just think that would be a good thing for now, I think.

Sweet baby Jesus and the orphans! I can't give credit where it's due without being railroaded? Deary me! Deary, deary me! :rolleyes:

Sweet baby Jesus and the orphans! I can't give credit where it's due without being railroaded? Deary me! Deary, deary me! :rolleyes:

Fair play.

Sorry.

What a battle of wits.

Not really haha

Has your Dizzy/army thread on your forum been read yet? 2 days no viewings last time I looked.

Guest Broskirose

Has your Dizzy/army thread on your forum been read yet? 2 days no viewings last time I looked.

Yes, the view counter is fucked. Why do you care so much about it? Are you as curious as I am?

I started getting suspicous as soon as I saw his TMS interview.

I've got a question for the mods.

With this new mod team and the restructure of the forum..ect, what sort of relationship do the mod team have in terms of, relationships with the Guns N Roses management or Axl himself?

in terms of crushing rumours or whatever, on professional point of view. Obviously with the old team, they had Axl come on and chat, also, they cooperated with the leaks. Will there be any attempts to strengthen the forum and GNR's managements friendship? Or are we just simply ignored as a forum by the band/management?

As part of the takoever, Eric made Guns N' Roses aware of the takeover. In terms of a relationship with the band, obviously we want to promote a positive relationship with all members past and present of GNR, with mygnrforum, which we hope will benefit it's members and members of this forum. What will not happen, is the admin team being told what to do by anyone, we'll do it the way in which we feel best serves the majority of members on this forum.

Bear in mind Axl main posts (and first) on this forum happened when madison was admin, and look what transpired there! so i dont honestly think it was Eric who personally drove Axl Rose to mygnrforum (I might be wrong here, that's just an opinion by the way). We want to be respectful of the band but at the same time allow intelligent debate and criticism, currently it's gone beyond that on a few occasion in the main section and that needs to be addressed.

Thanks for the answer. I hope we don't get over shadowed by the Facebook and Twitter fans and hopefully see Axl's return on here one day.

Everything is easy to deal with until you're actually having to deal with it. :rolleyes: Trust me, I know how it is for you guys and how it might seem, but when you're looking at it from the other side of the glass, it's a totally different point of view.

Someone has grown up! :lol:

Guest Satanisk_Slakt

Like I said, I barely ever actually complain about the mods though. I give them way more positive feedback than negative. I can see what you say though, but I think it was the wrong decision. It doesn't really matter now, it's several days later. I will miss those Nirvana threads though, they cracked me up.