Maroon 5

Black Sabbath

Yes, and in less enlightened times you'd have been painted pink and beaten around the head and neck with a broken bottle while being paraded through the town square as your Dad screamed at you that if he'd wanted a daughter he'd have dressed you in a frock and bought you Barbies from birth!

Edited by Dazey

Yes, and in less enlightened times you'd have been painted pink and beaten around the head and neck with a broken bottle while being paraded through the town square as your Dad screamed at you that if he'd wanted a daughter he'd have dressed you in a frock and bought you Barbies from birth!

Speaking from life experience there Dazey?

that isn't Moves Like Jagger

Yeah its not a person ass song like that shitdickety tune.

i think it's a bit odd how they've like completely redone their sound. they went from being a kind of soft rock pop band to stuff like 'payphone' and 'moves like jagger'...dancier, hipper stuff. basically chasing whatever sound is 'in' i suppose, and you can do that in a creative way a la bowie or you can do it in a very cold and calculated way, and i feel as though they fall into the latter...i can imagine some of their older fans feeling a bit betrayed. :lol: jagger is an admittedly catchy song but i fucking loathe the other one, every time it comes on the radio (which i only listen to in the shower yet i STILL hear that song at least twice a day!) i have to switch stations.

i think it's a bit odd how they've like completely redone their sound. they went from being a kind of soft rock pop band to stuff like 'payphone' and 'moves like jagger'...dancier, hipper stuff. basically chasing whatever sound is 'in' i suppose, and you can do that in a creative way a la bowie or you can do it in a very cold and calculated way, and i feel as though they fall into the latter...i can imagine some of their older fans feeling a bit betrayed. :lol: jagger is an admittedly catchy song but i fucking loathe the other one, every time it comes on the radio (which i only listen to in the shower yet i STILL hear that song at least twice a day!) i have to switch stations.

What are you? The fuckin' new Lenny coming in and running shit up fuckin' making everyone obsolete?

Hats off brah.

it's just because i stopped using proper capitalization as much isn't it.

my capslock key broke and i learned to type on a keyboard by hitting a capslock key twice to capitalize a letter (nobody ever told me a shift key did it...!) so trying to learn to use a shift key now is rubbish and i can't do it, so i just ramble on.

Rambling on, lack of punctuation. Typical Lenny. Just use the word fuckin', mention the Sex Pistols and PIL in the most obtuse way possible and you're there. Seriously I just read it without looking at your name above it, and I could have sworn it was Lenny lol.

That's not even counting Kara's Flowers, which was a little bit like Weezer at times. I don't think it's cold and calculated as much as the audience you're looking to draw, and standing by your songs. They don't want to be remembered just for "This Love" or whatever their first big hit was, otherwise they're going down the path Sugar Ray took.

Bowie was a step or two ahead when it came to bringing elements together, but at the end of a day he's a crooner who got to push the envelope in the mainstream. When they start breaking down what he did, might be credited as one of the most important artists of the 20th century. Not a lot of people can connect Vandross, Lennon, Bing Crosby, Stevie Ray Vaughn, Iggy, Reed, Queen, Eno, and Trent Reznor... and Cher. Plus he's one of the few that made good films.

Yeah whilst the second album wasn't my cup of tea either, you could tell it still had that rnb influence to it. Vanilla as fuck now.

Yeah whilst the second album wasn't my cup of tea either, you could tell it still had that rnb influence to it. Vanilla as fuck now.