What'll happen to this forum 4 years from now when there's still no new music from GnR?

Madridista

Star Wars? It's time to take a walk in the sun and eat some vegetables, hon.

Madison? :o

I loved when she used that word in a condescending and demeaning way to people. :lol:

Those sure were the days. Hopefully we'll still get that entertainment 4 years from now too.

• Replies 203
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Joking and bias aside, there's as much if not much more reason to believe we'll see an album in 2013 as there is reason to believe we won't get music ever again.

2013 isn't the word for cd2 either

Whaaaaaaa???..... DJ said recording the album is their priority?!?!?!?!?!!?

lol.gif

Will you guys keep coming here 4 or 5 years down the road to talk about the new album that will someday be released, when all the right planets align, even if there are no signs whatsoever of new music or Axl still refuses to make a video or release a single?

I was thinking today that new GnR fans are among the most patient people in the planet. Like I said before, I gave up on this band after only Axl was left from the original lineup, but I still like Chinese Democracy enough for me to come here.

But, you know, it's not so far fetched to think that there won't be another album, ever. I don't care who said what or who told whom what or who said what in what interview. I'll believe it when I see it.

But... will you guys keep faithfully posting here 4 or 5 years from now to defend this lineup and Axl and to cling to one last glimmer of hope that someday there'll be another album?

I'm not mocking anyone. I'm just curious.

If the forum is dependent just on what Axl does, it'll come to a grinding halt, but when you have a lot of band members that were in this band, there's always something new to discuss, even if it's not in the main forum.

The way I see it, Axl achieved rebuilding the band and being able to continue being a headliner. The Chinese Democracy album was finally released when it was on the verge of becoming the next "Smile". It's not like he changed the songs live, and to me, that means he stands by the music on the album.

You'll always have a debate whether this is or isn't GNR and hopes for a reunion in the future, or at least some mending fences between Axl and Slash, even if the AFD lineup never happens live. And I'm fine with that lineup never happening because it is "Rebel Without a Cause", a snapshot of 5 young hungry guys taking the world on. They're not young or hungry anymore, they're thankful to have survived that time in their lives, but that snapshot is a timeless one, the stuff they wrote and sang about still applies, for better and worse.

I do think GNR should have put some sort of video out when ChiDem came out, even if it was a live montage, or some sort of contest where fans made their own videos for submission, and the winner would get to be the "official" video, showing it at their concerts.

They're sitting on a lot of music right now, Axl prob. has some idea of what songs he wants to include, and leave some space for the band to contribute. But it's a lot of time involved and if they're not on the road, they're spread pretty far apart. Most of 2012 was intended to be about getting the show to as many places as possible.

Even though I don't like the new band, I do want Axl to release a new album. Call it CD2 or whatever. But please, do release an album before I turn 60. Now, my point is, I know we're always talking about the original lineup reunion and about Buckethead and DJ Ashba... but there are only so many times you can talk about that.

A band needs to release new material or an occasional video every once in a while. If not, your fanbase may start to lose interest. And it's not like Axl is 20 anymore. He'll be 55 in 5 years.

We need a new album. Why won't he release those CD leftovers already?

Lip service.

If they had all of these other songs recorded and ready to go there would be no need for the studio. Simple logic. DJ and Ron for additional parts, ok. But the rest being supposedly recorded should mean there's no need for MORE recording.

Do you have any names of some of the many many people that stated that there were multiple albums

He's referring to the interviews from multiple band members and I think Baz saying they had like 70 something songs recorded but what was NOT said was that they were planning to release them on future albums so he is speculating.

Edited by Rustycage

He's referring to the interviews from multiple band members and I think Baz saying they had like 70 something songs recorded but what was NOT said was that they were planning to release them on future albums so he is speculating.

you're wrong. 100% wrong.

in both message board posts AND interviews, axl said he views the project as a two album thing and that he planned to release a second album from the sessions.

Nope. We are talking earlier than you're limited and insane involvement.

Do you have any names of some of the many many people that stated that there were multiple albums

I think Axl said to Kurt Loder in 1999 that he had recorded about 90 songs?

I think Axl said to Kurt Loder in 1999 that he had recorded about 90 songs?

Careful, MSL will call you a liar!

Well then, If Axl said It, It must be true.

Yeah, except that it's not just Axl that said it

Axl, Tommy, Richard, Pitman, Ron, Bach, etc. have all said there's another album

But, yeah, they're all lying. Everyone should go ahead and believe ironmt. Another album of material doesn't exist because he says so