What'll happen to this forum 4 years from now when there's still no new music from GnR?

Madridista

• Replies 203
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

please show us where the leftover songs were being used on future albums?

Even Bach says, "if this isn't released *gurgle gurgle gurgle* when referring to Soul Monster. That doesn't state that he expects those songs to be released on the next album.

Edited by Rustycage

I'll still be here, saying "fuck you" to all the would-be wannabe fake poser meta cupcakes. And when GnR releases an album, I shall reap victory and issue vengeance to aforementioned assholes. They have lost. They just don't know it yet.

If you said that to me I would take personal insult, and report you to the future mods.

Yeah, they released one 4 years ago... but I can't forget that it took Axl over a decade to finish it. :thumbsup:

But your point was that if they don't release music fans will leave them, and that would only be relevant for the long period when they didn't release music, not today with only four years since the last release. Talking about a former unproductive period is not relevant at all to your original point of being concerned about today's situation.

A couple of quotes and excerpts from Tommy interviews:

Stinson says that there’s “a bunch” of GNR material written and still waiting to be recorded — “some of it worthy of finishing, some of it probably not” — in addition to 22 songs recorded during the “Chinese Democracy” process that were not included on the album [November 2011].
Looking ahead, Stinson says the hope is to write new songs next year and move forward with GNR, which is nominated for entry into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame Class of 2012. There are songs left over from the "Chinese Democracy" sessions that are almost ready to go, he says, and could be polished up for potential release [December 2011]

The first quote suggests they have 22 songs finished and ready to be released, the second quote suggests that whatever songs remains they need to be polished up before being released. In either way, they are close to being able to release a new album*.

* Of course, if wanting to, the next steps could take an infinite amount of time.

Edited by SoulMonster

Yeah except you would have to be a total moron to actually believe a new album will ever be released. I don't see any interest of doing so from Axl Rose and I think it's quite obvious his intentions are to never release another one.

Some things that point towards a new release:

* Lots of material being recorded during the "CD sessions" originally intended to be released separately from Chinese Democracy.

* The band having recorded again post-CD.

* The band wanting to record again later this year.

* Everybody in the band, Axl included, Chris and Frank excluded, having said they want to release more material.

* The band being very active.

* The band being brandished in a way that hasn't happened since the early 90s.

* New songs featured on the setlists (Goin' Down, The Seeker).

Some things that point against a new release:

* Axl's original plans of releasing music rapidly after CD obviously being thwarted/discarded/rejected.

* No recent quotes from Axl regarding new music.

* No rumoured release date.

I wouldn't say people who believe in either option is a "total moron", but then again, thank god, I am not "arnold layne".

Yeah except you would have to be a total moron to actually believe a new album will ever be released. I don't see any interest of doing so from Axl Rose and I think it's quite obvious his intentions are to never release another one.

I wouldn't say people who believe in either option is a "total moron", but then again, thank god, I am not "arnold layne".

Glad because there are only a few people with the charm, wit, and lovable personality to pull off being 'layne'.

You didn't make the cut. Better luck next year.

If another album was in process, shouldn't there be any new leaks?

I don't think leaks are mandatory.

Yeah, we already know Going Down is a new song... and its been rehearsed, and probably recorded at some point... so, why no leaks? i guess this time management is doing their work great :thumbsup:

Yeah, we already know Going Down is a new song... and its been rehearsed, and probably recorded at some point... so, why no leaks? i guess this time management is doing their work great :thumbsup:

We already know? Where's the proof that the song has been rehearsed?

Oh don't think I haven't spotted what's going on. You think I'm some dipshit who you and your ilk are pulling the wool over? Think again. I come from star wars message boards. No offense to you and all the other wannabe meta cupcakes, but you guys are amateurs compared to the star wars cupcakes I've faced. So you can keep on keepin on talkin shit and denigrating axl until you're blue in the face, but in the end, I'm just a little quicker on the learning curve than you are. Because any imagined pissing contest you're having with Axl, he's going to win. And i'm gonna continue to be here, to celebrate the victory. You lose.

Nominating this for Post of the Year

Fucking lol

fucking go pet your Ewok dude....and slap him silly to Princess Lea Slave bikini...your learning curve just ran into the guard rail dude.

We already know? Where's the proof that the song has been rehearsed?

Bumble: said "Going Down" is a song written by Axl which Bumblefoot described as "earthy", in the meaning of "organic" in contrast to "instrumental". (''Going Down is Chi Dem era, kinda earthy, but let Axwell talk about it when he's ready'')

If a song is on the setlists (RIR and many more shows, like Hellfest etc etc) its been rehearsed...

Some things that point towards a new release:

* Lots of material being recorded during the "CD sessions" originally intended to be released separately from Chinese Democracy.

* The band having recorded again post-CD.

* The band wanting to record again later this year.

* Everybody in the band, Axl included, Chris and Frank excluded, having said they want to release more material.

* The band being very active.

* The band being brandished in a way that hasn't happened since the early 90s.

* New songs featured on the setlists (Goin' Down, The Seeker).

Some things that point against a new release:

* Axl's original plans of releasing music rapidly after CD obviously being thwarted/discarded/rejected.

* No recent quotes from Axl regarding new music.

* No rumoured release date.

The focus in 2012 was all about live shows, and secondary was talking to record companies about new music.

Axl isn't going to make any announcements about new music until it's time. Maybe he wants to wait until he knows it's ready to be released, instead of telling people it's coming soon. I highly doubt he'll do that again.

Saying there's 22 or 100 songs is irrelevant. It only matters if the songs are finished and mixed.

Bumble: said "Going Down" is a song written by Axl which Bumblefoot described as "earthy", in the meaning of "organic" in contrast to "instrumental". (''Going Down is Chi Dem era, kinda earthy, but let Axwell talk about it when he's ready'')

Just a small digression: I believe the word Bumbles used was "industrial", not "instrumental". I also believe, unfortunately, that I am the originator of this misunderstanding :/.

Just a small digression: I believe the word Bumbles used was "industrial", not "instrumental". I also believe, unfortunately, that I am the originator of this misunderstanding :/.

there's misunderstandings going on going down

In 4 years this forum will still have the crazies that defend axls every move.

FUCKING PITIFUL.

Axl was king....... 20 years ago. Get over it fuckers.

He is so insecure he want even give fans a taste of music that we haven't heard for the last decade.

Two words: head case.........

And you know that he is a classic case, watch his disenchanted face. ;)

In 4 years this forum will still have the crazies that defend axls every move.

FUCKING PITIFUL.

Axl was king....... 20 years ago. Get over it fuckers.

He is so insecure he want even give fans a taste of music that we haven't heard for the last decade.

Two words: head case.........

And you know that he is a classic case, watch his disenchanted face. ;)

ever since axl didn't take MSL's bait with the youtube video, a bunch of attorneys, and gag orders....MSL defends axl roses's every move and embarrasses the online guns n roses community fanbase

axl adds another TKO to his record. axl TKO's MSL. winner: Axl Rose LOL

Edited by finck6