Has anybody in here ever lost a fight?

Apollo

Have you noticed that whenever people talk about being in a fight it's always "Ya, then I kicked this guy's ass." In another thread today I read where a girl said she beat up another girl for spitting on her.

Fights should end up with an equal amount of wins/losses/ties. Those three numbers should equal 100%. Example - 40% winners, 40% losers and 20% ties.

But I bet if you polled everybody who had ever been in a fight and asked them if they won or not, the results would end up something in the neighbor hood of 80% wins, 15% and 5% losses.

I coached in a youth baseball league once where the coaches were responsible for keeping track of our won-loss record and reporting them at the end of the year. There were 8 teams, and at the end, 7 coaches reported that they had winning records. I tried to explain to the board that it was mathematically impossible, that each game created a win and a loss - but they didn't get it.

Anyway - just thought it was interesting and sort of funny. People always talk about the fight they won or they ass they kicked.

Have you ever lost a fight?

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In another thread today I read where a girl said she beat up another girl for spitting in her face.

I didn't beat her up. I just punched her in the face. That's it.

You need to make sure someone is videotaping the next time you fight. Put dat shit on worldstarhiphop.com namsayn

Yep, was about 5 years ago me and a bunch of friends were jumped in a park and were getting our asses handed to us so we got out of there asap before any real damage could be done.

Lost a fair few in school as well and drew some where me and the other guy were pulled apart before it got too serious.

If I think about it I think I won a minority of fights mainly because I tried to avoid them so it would usually be someone initiating it, I would say I am at about 35% victories, 20% draws and 45% losses.

I've been in 3 fights, I think, and all of them were when I was a pretty young kid, like, before teenage years. All of them were broken up by teachers quickly, and never got to the point where a winner could be determined. Each of us got in maybe 3 punches. So I would say I've been in 3 draws. If I ever got in a fight as an adult I have no idea how I would do. Some others have come close to challenging me to a fight, mostly drunks at concerts and one absolutely unstable man who had a kid, funnily enough since you mentioned it, on a youth baseball team I coached (I don't think I'll ever do that again because there are a lot of parents who are truly ugly people), but cooler heads (mine) always prevailed. I don't like the idea of fighting at all and will try my best to avoid it, and will never throw a first punch.

Edited by DirtyDeeds

Guest Sleeping Like An Angel

I agree 100% Groghan. It amuses me to be honest. I kind of smile and nod and let them think I believe them.

I've never been in a fight. I was bullied and easily could've been in one but I always walked away. I'm open about this but I can be sexiest and I'm fairly tough on women (which isn't fair really is it?). Even though there is a double standard I think a woman can't ALWAYS get away with behaving like a man. It's just common you know? I don't agree with this stuff for either gender but things like a girl drinking too much, spitting, snot rocketing or on topic fighting is worse than a man doing it in my eyes. :unsure:

Edited by Sleeping Like An Angel

I've been in more fights than I can count and have been knocked out a few times. Until you lose a fight or get ko'd, you don't truly know how to fight imo.

Where does an average adult (I don't know if you are an average adult or not) typically get into a fight? Is it at a bar, over a woman or a drunken comment? I figure many/most will perhaps have a fight or two in their lives within their own family or tight circle of friends when one acts like a disrespectful prick for whatever reason, before being put in his place, then everything resumes as normal. How do some more or less normal people get into so many fights?

Sure, it's been a long time since I've fought anyone though.

I got absolutely annihilated in the 1st grade. It was my first "real' fight and I definitely had no idea what I was getting myself into. I was sticking up for my younger brother so I still think it was worth it.

Got punched in the face once in high school, he was bigger than me so I called him an asshole and walked away. The starting line of the football team, who thought of me as a little brother went and had a "chat" with him after that. Nobody fucks with people with big friends.

Guest Satanisk_Slakt

Honestly, no. I've always been able to handle a fight.

That being said, I've only been in two fights in 7 years or something.

I've actually fought guys significantly bigger than me and have come out stronger with jaws from the crowd dropped. Not bragging, but I have a real, real bad anger issue to the point where I want the other guy to get the first hit so I fucking snap like a pitbull and turn into red Bobbo. I've to this day have never lost a fight, but I have been in a few where it's been broken up before anybody could claim they got the best over the other.

It's been a good two or three years since my last fight, and I've been in about 10-12 throughout my whole life. And that's back when I kind of a scrawny little fuck. I've started actually working out in March and have gained about 20 pounds since going from 170 to floating around 188-190, so I kind of wonder how my newfound build would apply in a fight these days.

Lol, I know this doesn't help the point of your topic, and I totally get where you're coming from, but just gotta be honest, :tongue2: .

I'd also like to add that sometimes having a couple tons of crazy in ya can over power brute force.

Edited by Bobbo

I agree Groghan, few people admit to losing a fight.

I have lost one. It was my only fight ever so I'm 0-1. My freshman year of college I was drinking mad dogs all night. I dont remember what happened but I was told the next day I bumped into some dude in the street, ran my mouth and this dude popped me in the face a few times. I had a black eye for like a month. Keep in mind I'm 6'7 so I must have said some awful stuff for the guy to go after me. And he also hit me and ran away. So it was pretty regrettable overall but it is what it is. Stupidity of youth.

Edited by bt88

At the nightclub I used to go to when I was 17/18 me and my friends would find ourselves in fights pretty regularly. Not that we would go looking for them or anything, it's just that we were always completely hammered and the place was mostly full of bravado cunts who would start shit over the stupidest things. We never fucking won. Those cunts beat the shite out of us every single time. :lol: And it was never one on one... always just turned into a free for all brawl.

I started MMA training when I was about 19 and haven't been in a fight since.