meh, Estranged is the best thing they ever did..

SunnyDRE

Guest Broskirose

lol why did this deserve it's own thread?

why not?

because if everyone made a thread on what they think the best song is this place would be a shithole.

and pretty much everyone knows estranged is the best gnr song anyways.

Edited by Broskirose

Guest Satanisk_Slakt

The very best thing they ever did was Sweet Child O' Mine. The perfect guitars, perfect drums, perfect bass, perfect vocals, perfect lyrics, perfect melody, perfect guitar tone, etc., etc.

Estranged is nearly perfect as well though, but I really think SCOM is their absolute best creation.

It's my favourite, but truly shows your GNR colours and does more to reveal a fan's inclination towards the band than any other song. Estranged is THE "fan's song." Very few casual fans would rank Estranged as their favourite GNR song, but it seems like most hardcore GNR fans would put this song in their top three, if not their favourite.

Moreover, if your favourite GNR song is Estranged, you're more likely an Axl fan and probably a fan of the newer iterations of GNR than those who do not hold Estranged in high regard. For some, songs like November Rain and Estranged are what ruined GNR as a street fighting brawler of a band while others feel that they took the band to another level.

Cheers,

Andrew

Guest Broskirose

It's a great song, great lyrics, I just wish Axl had done SOME of the vocals differently. Some of the parts are great, but like the opening vocal bit... it just makes me cringe every time. I can't stand that part.

Axl's vocals are pretty fucking weak throughout the song. I was listening to it in the car the other day, and realised he sounds pretty bad vocally on it. But, it's still one of the best songs ever.

Edited by Broskirose

It's my favourite, but truly shows your GNR colours and does more to reveal a fan's inclination towards the band than any other song. Estranged is THE "fan's song." Very few casual fans would rank Estranged as their favourite GNR song, but it seems like most hardcore GNR fans would put this song in their top three, if not their favourite.

Moreover, if your favourite GNR song is Estranged, you're more likely an Axl fan and probably a fan of the newer iterations of GNR than those who do not hold Estranged in high regard. For some, songs like November Rain and Estranged are what ruined GNR as a street fighting brawler of a band while others feel that they took the band to another level.

Cheers,

Andrew

man, this post makes me wish we had a "thank you" or a "positive-negative" post system for each individual post.

I agree 100%

Edited by SunnyDRE

Guest Broskirose

TBH though, I'm sure if CD II gets released and isn't raped by Ashba, I'll prefer one or two songs on that album to Estranged.

If Blood In The Water is real, Estranged can fuck itself.

Guest Satanisk_Slakt

Coma is great, but it's far too long and the cringe worthy stuff like the doctors and the Stephanie Seymour "All you wanna do is sex, sex, sex" always made that song less desirable for me. I love it, I really do, the best parts of it are among the best they ever did, but it's got flaws.

I wouldn't say its the best they ever did, but definitely a great great song. I had my ups and downs with Use Your Illusion II for a while but I've embraced it recently. Locomotive, Breakdown, 14 Years, Pretty Tied Up are among my favorite songs they ever wrote

Cheers,

Andrew

man, this post makes me wish we had a "thank you" or a "positive-negative" post system for each individual post.

I agree 100%

@downzy

lmao....I'm a dumbass. so i re-read you post and i don't agree with the last statement.

estranged is one of my faves, but i don't like the new direction of the band.

not mad slash isn't in it, but i do like "hooks"

cd contained none.

Edited by SunnyDRE

Coma is great, but it's far too long and the cringe worthy stuff like the doctors and the Stephanie Seymour "All you wanna do is sex, sex, sex" always made that song less desirable for me. I love it, I really do, the best parts of it are among the best they ever did, but it's got flaws.

I know!!! I f#^%ing hated that part. That was exactly what I was thinking. Now that I think about it, the song does drag on too long.

I even like the Live Era version even though the vocals don't match. It was like the last time I like Axl's timbre. On CD it just didn't sound like him anymore.

Guest Broskirose

I hate the sound effects on Coma and dialogue however the only part that I like about it is when the chick whispers "I love you". I don't know, that part is always epic to me for some reason.