What was the worst song on Chinese Democracy?

What was the worst song on Chinese Democracy?  

146 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Chi dem and Riad don't seem as good songwriting wise. But they are my two favorites of the album.

I think they are all good songs. I think how they were played or presented is more interesting. But I like them all.

It's funny how I loved the album for the first year or so, now the only song I can listen to is Better.

If the World is just a bad song. The guitar solo is good.

CD is overplayed, I guess, RIR3 version will always be my favorite, same with Maddy and The Blues.

I'd say If the World and Scraped. Scraped is one of Axl's worst songs and lyrics. Terrible guitar solo by Ron Thal.

Hmm, tough choice between If The World and Madagascar for me. I'll go with Madagascar; I like the concept of it, the idea behind it, but aside from the montage with Brain's tribute to John Bonham and Bucket's solo, it just does nothing for me.

I've never understood the dislike for Riad. The song is a buzzsaw. Best pure riff on the album, strong chorus, strong vocals, amazing drumming.

Riad intro is Axl trying to sound like NIN. Useless noise, and people say Pitman is some kind of synth master. I could've come up with a better industrial intro for the damn song!

Pitman *did* steal the intro from someone else:

http://www.whosampled.com/sample/view/10166/Guns%20N'%20Roses-Riad%20N'%20the%20Bedouins_Ulrich%20Schnauss-A%20Strangely%20Isolated%20Place/

I just don't get the hate for ITW - I think it's amazing. It's tough to choose a bad song from the first half, but if I had to, I'd go with SOD - it never did anything much for me. Riad is my least favorite song overall but there are days that I like that one too.