third version of you're crazy

Apollo

So my son found an odd version of You're Crazy, where Axl is singing in a weird way. Almost like a joke version, like they were drunk in the studio and did a version for fun. Hard to explain what it sounds like.....almost like he is whining in places, using weird reflection in his voice.

Can anybody tell me the history behind it, and if they did recordings of other songs this way?

yep yep, that's it. it's from the same sessions that produced the other lies demos + cornshucker. the songs were re-recorded for lies, but before that, the acoustic you're crazy from the original sessions got an official release on the 3" jungle single.

Thank you.

Are the other lies demos out there to?

I really like the attitude in Axl's voice on this. Sometimes demos suck, sometimes they are cool.....this one is pretty cool.

How did you like the Bach singing on Crazy link? Two young singers tearing it up, pushing each other a bit. Fun stuff.

Thank you. I take back 36% of the bad things I have posted about you.

here is an interesting one - from 1991, just for fun

wow never heard that before thanks :thumbsup:

Almost like hearing a new song, pretty cool.

You are welcome.

See, I'm actually a huge Axl fan.

If he released a box set featuring two albums of cd leftovers, an acoustic album, a remix album, and an album featuring the current band.....I would retire from the forum, never say another negative thing about him, never use the word worshipper again, and die a happy man.

here is an interesting one - from 1991, just for fun

wow never heard that before thanks :thumbsup:

Almost like hearing a new song, pretty cool.

You are welcome.

See, I'm actually a huge Axl fan.

If he released a box set featuring two albums of cd leftovers, an acoustic album, a remix album, and an album featuring the current band.....I would retire from the forum, never say another negative thing about him, never use the word worshipper again, and die a happy man.

i would die a very happy person if all that music got released :lol:

Edited by bran

I know it's the wrong sessions, but is it true that there is an earlier acoustic You're Crazy demo BEFORE the AFD record?

yep yep, that's it. it's from the same sessions that produced the other lies demos + cornshucker. the songs were re-recorded for lies, but before that, the acoustic you're crazy from the original sessions got an official release on the 3" jungle single.

Thank you.

Are the other lies demos out there to?

I really like the attitude in Axl's voice on this. Sometimes demos suck, sometimes they are cool.....this one is pretty cool.

How did you like the Bach singing on Crazy link? Two young singers tearing it up, pushing each other a bit. Fun stuff.

http://gunsnrosesbootlegs.blogspot.be/2009/06/flac-cornshucker-lies-demos-from-alan.html

The Rapidshare link still works.

groghan, so you admit the source of your worshipper rhetoric is your own personal dissatisfaction with the band. interesting.

And here we go. He Is trying to carry on a normal conversation and you are going to try and stir the pot and get shit started. The mods will and probably are taking a long hard look at you, hopefully they will pull the plug soon.

ironmt -

i consider it newsworthy that a poster who has frequently falsely accused others of being "worshipers" has now admitted the source of the accusation is actually his own personal dissatisfaction with the band. if you don't find that to be a notable admission, nobody forced you to reply.

It's not newsworthy It's you being annoying and trying to get something started as you do In every thread you are Involved In. You have had numerous warnings from the mods and hopefully they will soon act on those warnings.

groghan, so you admit the source of your worshipper rhetoric is your own personal dissatisfaction with the band. interesting.

Wow.

Why is it sooo important to you to constantly fight with everybody?

The only dissatisfaction I have with the band is in my favorite singer releasing one album in the last 15 years.

Worshippers are people who defend everything Axl does, no matter what it is. People who argue and insult anybody that says something negative about Axl or the band.

So the answer to your question is no. I hope you take my answer as the truth and don't ask me to prove my answer by taking a polygraph or challenging me to a $10,000 wager.

How about this. I will stop using the worshipper label when you stop calling everybody a bitter ex-fan.

Thank you for the info on you're crazy. Not sure why u have to then turn what should be a positive post in the forum to a bitchfest.

It is becoming apparent that posters like you and finck don't come here to chat about GnR, but instead just to cupcake people and try and start conflicts and spread negativety. Sad.

Maybe you should focus more on GnR and less in trying to cupcake and fight people.

Edited by Groghan

Crash diet should have been made into a song. It had so much potential. Heartbreak Hotel also would have been interesting, however, glad songs songs like "Just another sunday" and "Too much too soon" never made the cut.

I feel like I'm the only one who adores Too Much Too Soon. It's my favorite after Crash Diet.

i find it interesting that you thank me for the info i provided, but then accuse me of only coming here to cupcake people.

i come here to present factual information about guns n' roses. i am not a worshiper. i am not a bitter ex-fan. i am not pro axl, nor am i pro slash.

a bunch of criminal drug addict assholes called "guns n' roses" made music i enjoyed. their leader, with new members, made more music i enjoyed. the end.

Seems you find a lot of things "interesting" in concerns to what people post.

You pretty much hit the nail on the head here.

I thanked you, because when you talk about GnR civilly you are a great poster. Your knowledge of GnR is impressive and a welcome portion of the forum. You answered a question about GnR history that I didn't know the answer to. That is how a forum should work. Two people who often disagree, able to communicate in a friendly way in a topic.

But then you have to go into douche-mode. Me labeling people like Ali and Rabia has troubled you enough to say that I falsly accuse people of being worshippers. Falsely accuse.......first, this is a rock n roll forum where people come to chat about a band. You and maybe Soul and Popcorn are the only ones who even say things like that. Or that say people have to prove past statements by researching old topics and findiing specific quotes from other posters. Making $10,000 wagers. Challenging people to lie detector tests. Is that how you act when you are with a group of guys casually chatting about sports, music, politics, etc?

MSL pal "Oh man, (insert tv show name) is the worst show ever, I can't stand it."

MSL "Really? Show me the Nielsen Ratings for the past 25 years to verify your statement. Show me Gallup Polls that show that it really is the worst show ever. If you can't provide this evidence, you are a liar, your ability to think is at retardation level. I challenge you to a $10,000 bet - we'll put the money in escrow - to prove your statement is correct."

MSL pal "Dude, chill out. I just don't like the show. I'd rather watch (insert name of different tv show)"

MSL "Oh, so when you say that you don't like (insert name of tv show), it's all because you actually like this other show better. You are such a bitter person. I find all of this extremely interesting."

So anyway.

Yes, thank you for providing me with some GnR history. I appreciate it.

As for then bringing negativity to the topic - in a topic that didn't need ANY negativity at all. A topic that EVERYBODY who posted enjoyed and were glad for the history lesson, and were glad to get to hear a version of a song that they hadn't heard before......and to bring up more conversation about other unreleased GnR songs...........you had to bring in your normal douchery negativity. You guys always complain about the negativity that the "bigger ex-fans" bring into topics, but it is EXACTLY what you did here. You brought negativity into a topic that should have been a great topic for all gnr fans to read.

There is a reason that you have turned off so many posters on here. Your narcissistic personality probably thinks you are so disliked on here because of how you constantly "own" the bitter ex-fans and cupcakes.......but really it is because you are a jerk to people, and it seems like you specifically come here to argue/fight with people. Which is called trolling.

You seem to enjoy fighting with people.

But the majority of posters just want to talk with other fans about our favorite band.

Guys like you bring as much negativity to the forum as the posters you label "bitter ex-fans."

So my son found an odd version of You're Crazy, where Axl is singing in a weird way. Almost like a joke version, like they were drunk in the studio and did a version for fun. Hard to explain what it sounds like.....almost like he is whining in places, using weird reflection in his voice.

Can anybody tell me the history behind it, and if they did recordings of other songs this way?

I don't know if they did recordings "htis way", but i have this version on the Ultra Rare Tracks bootleg.

This is a pretty odd version, but i dig it.

I know it's the wrong sessions, but is it true that there is an earlier acoustic You're Crazy demo BEFORE the AFD record?

I'm not sure that is a demo, but the song existed in early 1986 in the fast version form, so it's possible they did an acoustic version too...

I don't know if they did recordings "htis way", but i have this version on the Ultra Rare Tracks bootleg.

I'm not sure that is a demo, but the song existed in early 1986 in the fast version form, so it's possible they did an acoustic version too...

Was a real delight to find something that I had not heard before. Makes me wish even more that Axl would release new music for his fans to enjoy!

Was a real delight to find something that I had not heard before. Makes me wish even more that Axl would release new music for his fans to enjoy!

Same here

I want to hear the Rapidfire demos, The Plague (from the pre-AFD recording sessions), the 1986 version of Perfect Crime and of course the mid 90's sessions and the CD leftovers too...

But i doubt it we will ever hear these things

a bunch of the illusion rumbo stuff online has a drum machine--I wonder if they were doing the demos in between drummers--after Adler left, and before Sorum joined. Here's a great early clip of Yesterdays, from the Rumbo tapes, and it has a drum machine in parts. Also this early version of The Garden (damn I would love to hear the new band do this, especially what the guitarists could do with the outro) has a drum machine as well. I am guessing these are late 90/early 91 demos:

Edited by GNFR2003