If Slash hadn't left...

SunnyDRE

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They never would have put out another great album. Slash and Axl had conflicting ideas on the future of the band and that was their downfall.

We never know....

Remember Axl himself stated he heard Slash played killer stuff after the UYI tour on the sessions

They'd be about on par with today's Van Halen. Mind you, that's very good. They released a killer album that stands up to their original ones, and they sell out or mostly sell out arenas wherever they go and put on a great show. Nothing wrong with that.

They never would have put out another great album. Slash and Axl had conflicting ideas on the future of the band and that was their downfall.

GnR hasn't put out a great album since Slash left

lol way to get mad and completely miss the point dickwad

i agree with this, if they would have stayed together i dont think we would have had worked shit i dont know if we would have gotten 1 more album with them together IMO. they were just too far seperated from eachother it had to end. i just wish they would have taken sometime to do their own thing, get their creative stuff out their and then years down the road rejoin and work together

similar thing happend to mercyful fate the faces of mercyful fate were always king diamond and hank shermann. after their second album friction between diamond and shermann boiled over king diamond wanted to continue with heavy metal while shermann wanted to do more hair metal glam/rock stuff. the band broke up king diamond and the rest of mercyful fate(minus the drummer kim ruzz) joined king diamonds solo band, while hank shermann went on to form fate.

then 9 years later mercyful fate rejoined and went on to make many great records in the 90s. same story happend with the runaways. sometimes when your at eachothers throats and not getting along sometimes its best to put things on hold, do your own thing and then comeback. i think with gnr all the touring and recording and the problems with drugs just became too much and instead of doing what mercyful fate did instead they imploded

thats the thing though based on appetite and the illusions, what constitutes GNR sound? Estranged, Coma, and Nov. Rain would not fit at all on the first album.

what song epitomizes GNR to people is that they were so versatile. They don't really have a particular sound to me. Other than maybe Don't Cry. That song bridges the gap nicely. UCBM works on appetite better than it does on UYI

They would have kept progressing as a band, and we fans would be the real winners. We would have 9-10 albums of GnR music to enjoy.

Realistic debates would be happening concerning who is the best rock band of all time....Stones, Zepplin, Aerosmith, Guns n Roses......

not just if Slash hadn't left, but what if ChiDem was finished before 1998?, imho GNR would've been a monster by now.. thou it seems at some point they would've broken up anyways

so yeah ChiDem would've had more acceptance and more success, but i doubt they would've remained together this far

not just if Slash hadn't left, but what if ChiDem was finished before 1998?, imho GNR would've been a monster by now.. thou it seems at some point they would've broken up anyways

so yeah ChiDem would've had more acceptance and more success, but i doubt they would've remained together this far

if chinese democracy was released in 1998 or 1999 named UYI 3 it wouldnt have been that out of place IMO

I think they would still be at least"U2 Big"....

Assuming they remained active. But I also think if Axl had remained active under his own name he'd have been as big as The Foos. Or if the Bucket lineup got going and stayed going and had 3 or 4 records out now that they'd have millions of new young fans on board like maiden do these days.

Guest Satanisk_Slakt

I think the next album could have been the best.

You'd have Izzy there helping them writing songs, you'd have Slash songs, Duff songs, Axl songs, etc. I mean, listen to Duff's and Slash's (Snakepit) solo albums. If you took the best of those songs and imagine that the rest of the band worked on them as well, put their touch on them, they could have been super songs. You'd have the Axl ballads, like This I Love, with the whole band working on it. A Slash solo on it. I think they would have made that another great ballad, just like November Rain.

I truly think their next album could have been their best.

Edit: This time Matt would have written the drums himself too and not just played what he was told to play and it would have become way better than the Illusions drums just because of that.

Edited by Satanisk_Slakt

Guest Satanisk_Slakt
I think they would still be at least"U2 Big"....

there is a major problem with this theory. axl & izzy were the primary songwriters of the classic material. even if slash hadn't left, the fact is that without izzy, we really don't know if GNR would have been able to continue to create massive blockbuster albums.

Izzy was back with them in 95 and 96 and wrote songs with them.

If you want a source, ask Miser for it and he'll provide it.