Anyone else think Motley Crue SUCK?

Towelie

46 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Len B'stard

The band Crue wish they could be :D

(God, just give us Johnny Thunders back...just for one year, just to show em how it's done)

They have some good songs, songs that are fun to listen to when you're drunk. Kick Start My Heart, Dr. Feelgood, Shout At The Devil, Too Fast For Love, Too Young To Fall In Love, Live Wire, Hey Kid, etc. But they're the definition of cheesy buttrock as well. They're certainly not a serious band or anyone you would consider artists. The reason they work is that Mick Mars and Tommy Lee are both pretty good musicians, Nikki Sixx is a solid pop songwriter (songs are catchy) and Vince Neil's a decent singer. I mean, they are what they are. Their music is not good per se, but it can be fun under the right circumstances

I like Mick Mars and Nikki Sixx, but I can't stand Vince Neil. Hate that guy. I like their hit songs, but that's about it, they're not earth-shattering songs. Though, I absolutely love the Mötley-record they did with John Corabi on vocals. That record kicks ass. It actually has great vocals and the songs are far more better than anything they've done before or after.

Nikki Sixx sucks.

What he said about Michael Jackson just adds to it.

Yep. He blocked me on Twitter when I told him I was a fan of both Motley and MJ. That's the day I stopped being a Motley fan.

Nikki Sixx sucks.

What did he say?

That Michael was a pedophile and a loser who deserved dying the way he did. He also interviwed and supported "doctor" Conrad Murray, the doc who's in jail for manslaughter on MJ.

Guest Broskirose

Nikki Sixx sucks.

Yep. He blocked me on Twitter when I told him I was a fan of both Motley and MJ. That's the day I stopped being a Motley fan.

Nikki Sixx sucks.

What did he say?

That Michael was a pedophile and a loser who deserved dying the way he did. He also interviwed and supported "doctor" Conrad Murray, the doc who's in jail for manslaughter on MJ.

Dj Ashba praises this man.

He'll turn on you too.

Worst concert I've ever been to (won tickets on the radio).

With most bands, their radio singles are pretty good, but the real gems are ones that are buried in the albums and you never hear them on the radio. Not really the case with Motley. The stuff on the radio is pretty much all they got. You really can't listen to most of their albums all the way through, either. I always hear this praise for the Dr. Feelgood album, but that album is crap! It has two good songs on it and the rest is torture. Never understood the love for that album.

I don't love Motley Crue but Kickstart My Heart is a great hard rock anthem, always dug that song

but yeah, Nikki Sixx is by far the lamest character in rock n roll history, next to DJ Ashba if you can even count that bag of tools

Edited by sweetness

Red, White and Crue is decent - but I haven't delved enough into their back cataologue to state they're categorically a good band.

I'd love to see them live for Mick Mars mainly - how he is still with us is beyond me.

I would've liked to have seen them with Steel Panther and Def Leppard, where the former apparently blew the other two away :lol:

I remember hearing somewhere that the music you first get shitfaced drunk too will always stick with you to some extent for the rest of your life. For me it was Gun's and Motley Crue so I still love that music in a strange nostalgia blinded way. Gun's more so than Crue although Kickstart My Heart and Dr Feelgood will always be heard blasting at some stage during a heavy drinking session.

Vince Neil is a godawful singer though. :lol: