Rapidfire

thomase

Hopefully Axl doesn't bother with it, it would've been one thing to put it out in '91-'92 when they could've flooded copies in the GNR section, but at this point, it's a curio piece of his early days in LA. If Axl wants to put his Bailey trio material out (assuming someone tape recorded it), people would want to hear that, too.

Hopefully Axl doesn't bother with it, it would've been one thing to put it out in '91-'92 when they could've flooded copies in the GNR section, but at this point, it's a curio piece of his early days in LA. If Axl wants to put his Bailey trio material out (assuming someone tape recorded it), people would want to hear that, too.

If Axl joins in he'll be doing overdubs for the next 5 years.

To be fair, he probably finds it embarrassing. :P Still, I'd love to get my hands on it.

Maybe, but at least it wouldn't be seen as cashing in on GNR the way it would've been around the time UYI was released. I think there's importance to hearing an artist starting out, and at least it wasn't like Steely Dan, where there were hundreds of versions of the same demo tape being repackaged over and over. It's something thing that will be of interest to a handful of people.

You guys do realise there's a few snippets lying around on youtube, right?

They sound AWESOME and are probably our best chance at getting music any time soon, even though the dude holding them has milked it a bit - Had run-ins with Axl's lawyer didn't he?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ptpHUbK3-pw

That does sound awesome. Thanks for posting it!

They sound AWESOME and are probably our best chance at getting music any time soon, even though the dude holding them has milked it a bit - Had run-ins with Axl's lawyer didn't he?

Well, this rather confuses me. Rapidfire was supposed to be the band Axl joined in '83, and Axl didn't start using his signature high voice until at least '84. Axl was in a band with Izzy and Chris Weber originally called AXL but renamed Rose, and it was Izzy and Chris, after hearing Axl singing along to Hair of the Dog while he was in the shower, who told Axl to just start singing like that all the time.

Yeah, i have this "song" but i think the music is obviously fake (but good, i dig the riffs), but the vocals are real and maybe from the Rapidfire days....

also this "song" rumoured to be the tape from the Zakk Wylde sessions.

Edited by Crash Diet