Rapidfire

thomase

From the link:

Rapidfire was a Los Angeles based band that featured Guns N' Roses singer Axl Rose in his first ever studio recording just before he joined Hollywood Rose.

Members

Axl Rose - lead vocals

Kevin Lawrence - guitar

Mike Hammernik - bass

Chuck Gordon - drums

Shortly after recording their one and only demo on May 25, 1983, the band played its last show at Gazzarri's On The Sunset Strip on Saturday May 28, 1983. Axl's later bandmate Slash attended the show.

Demo tape

The band recorded a demo tape as Rapidfire on May 25, 1983.

Ready to Rumble

All Night Long

The Prowler

Closure

On the Run

Guest Broskirose

You guys do realise there's a few snippets lying around on youtube, right?

They sound AWESOME and are probably our best chance at getting music any time soon, even though the dude holding them has milked it a bit - Had run-ins with Axl's lawyer didn't he?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ptpHUbK3-pw

Yeah, i have this "song" but i think the music is obviously fake (but good, i dig the riffs), but the vocals are real and maybe from the Rapidfire days....

also this "song" rumoured to be the tape from the Zakk Wylde sessions.

Sounds like Zakk on guitar for sure.

They sound AWESOME and are probably our best chance at getting music any time soon, even though the dude holding them has milked it a bit - Had run-ins with Axl's lawyer didn't he?

Yeah, i have this "song" but i think the music is obviously fake (but good, i dig the riffs), but the vocals are real and maybe from the Rapidfire days....

also this "song" rumoured to be the tape from the Zakk Wylde sessions.

Sounds like Zakk on guitar for sure.

Pentatonic scaling!

Definitely not early 80s GN'R material. That guitar tone sounds way too close to AFD which was '86+ and Slash was in by then. I think the other poster is right in that this may be the Zakk Wylde era stuff. Sounds a lot like Zakk. But Axls voice sounds very much like his AFD voice....I really don't know but I know its not pre-AFD. Slash coined that sound using a '59 Super Lead. I could see Zakk re-creating that sound later.

Edited by californiaz06

According to Slash & Zakk, they never recorded anything with Axl from the sessions - they just rehearsed for a week, and then a riff ended up on Zakk's BLS Sonic Brew called The Rose Petal Garden (or something recalled from memory). It was around 1995, but all Axl really wanted to do was to fix his problems with lawsuits from different people including Stephanie Seymour and Erin Everly...