Welcome to mygnrforum.com Guns N' Roses Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

Rapidfire

• Please log in to reply
34 replies to this topic

californiaz06

californiaz06

Full

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 206 posts
  • 27-March 12

You guys do realise there's a few snippets lying around on youtube, right?
They sound AWESOME and are probably our best chance at getting music any time soon, even though the dude holding them has milked it a bit - Had run-ins with Axl's lawyer didn't he?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ptpHUbK3-pw

Definitely not early 80s GN'R material. That guitar tone sounds way too close to AFD which was '86+ and Slash was in by then. I think the other poster is right in that this may be the Zakk Wylde era stuff. Sounds a lot like Zakk. But Axls voice sounds very much like his AFD voice....I really don't know but I know its not pre-AFD. Slash coined that sound using a '59 Super Lead. I could see Zakk re-creating that sound later.

Edited by californiaz06, 10 July 2012 - 08:52 PM.

DeadSlash

DeadSlash

DEMI-GOD

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,569 posts
  • 13-March 06
If this happens, or there are complete songs, can someone shoot me a Prime Minister?

For the love of all that is holy, DeadSlash is not negative in any way toward Slash.  It is a handle I used when the band was still together.  It's a reference to the skull with a top hat design from the Illusions albums. I like Slash and Axl.

Mickey

Mickey

• Members
  • Pip
  • 70 posts
  • 26-November 04
According to Slash & Zakk, they never recorded anything with Axl from the sessions - they just rehearsed for a week, and then a riff ended up on Zakk's BLS Sonic Brew called The Rose Petal Garden (or something recalled from memory). It was around 1995, but all Axl really wanted to do was to fix his problems with lawsuits from different people including Stephanie Seymour and Erin Everly...

"Life is like a box of chocolates...you never know what you're gonna get!"  :blink: 

vaida

vaida

DEMI-GOD

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,957 posts
  • 19-November 11
Sounds on par with the Hollywood Rose thing. Killing Time was ok.

gnr_zps958a9313.png

The Real McCoy

The Real McCoy

FRONTMAN

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,091 posts
  • 14-February 11
Those clips sound awesome.

"I'm the original rock n' roll cliche, Gypsy, pirate, cowboy, You wouldn't last a minute in my boots, 'Cos baby, I'm the Real McCoy" - Hanoi Rocks

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users