Welcome... to CANTER BANTER!

I too will make it a point to visit Marc & Canter's Deli when I go to LA. I was able to interview Marc a few years back. Here is a link to that interview that took place on Monday Night Mayhem: http://www.wrestleview.com/viewnews.php?id=1246886161

Also, if you don't have Reckless Road you are NOT a GnR fan!

Edited by xGNRxSTARx

Also to Marc. I'll be in LA in a couple of months and I'd fucking love to buy a signed copy of Reckless Road and say hi if possible? :)

Just let me know when you get here and I will meet you at Canter's Deli.

Marc

Dazey - your'e in for a treat ! Marc's an absolutely sensational Bloke and I cant thank him enough for my catch up with him at Canter's Deli. I still drool over my signed copy of RR and love wearing my Canter's Deli T-shirt :) Enjoy dude!

Oh, and Marc - Welcome to the Forum. We got Fun' n' Games... :)

Welcome to the forum, Marc. Although you have been here for years, so I guess that's not quite accurate. Any idea how I can meet Slash before or after the show in Vancouver this Saturday? :D

Hard to say, he is always very busy. I would think the best time to get him is on the way in or out of a sound check.

These are extremely good news!! Fuckin A+ mods!

Marc, please release the footage you have from the early days :cry: haha!

Last year there were some people that were going to do a doc and I was going to let them use some footage, but they wanted total control of all my stuff. I told them they can pick from the stuff that I think is good. They said no so sorry to say you will have to wait till something else comes up. I will be working on a Slash doc soon that will have some cool stuff, but I know you guys want the more of a GNR doc. The time will come for that someday. Till then you tube for some of the things that got leaked years ago.

Marc

Did you ever bring the video camera into the recording studio?

Just quickly wanted to say other than one or two idiots, the members here seem very excited about marc being here and Marc, BIG thank you for your keen effort in answering the questions - on behalf of the community, thank you so much and we hope you continue to enjoy your time here!:devilshades:

• 4 weeks later...

Just quickly wanted to say other than one or two idiots, the members here seem very excited about marc being here and Marc, BIG thank you for your keen effort in answering the questions - on behalf of the community, thank you so much and we hope you continue to enjoy your time here!:devilshades:

I just picked up Stephen Davis' book on G&R and was upset as I was looking for Marc's book and could not find it at Barnes & Noble.

Already read Slash, Steven, and Duff's books.

Any chance Axl or Izzy write a book? lol

Agreed, Marc I'm actually surprised at how much effort you're putting in to answer so many questions. It's awesome man, thankyou so much for the time you're taking. :)

I just picked up Stephen Davis' book on G&R and was upset as I was looking for Marc's book and could not find it at Barnes & Noble.

You wasted your money of the Stephen Davis book it;s crap and mostly all bullshit. Izzy will never put out a book but Axl because he has so much on his mind may someday put one out. I think he would have a lot less shit to carry on his shoulders if he did.

Guest Satanisk_Slakt

Yeah, I wish Axl would give his version of it all. Only time he really did was when he made that "Top of the iceberg..." post on this forum. I'd love to hear more of his side.

I'm sure he'd be ridiculed for much of it, but then again, he has been ridiculed by fans and media for more than ten years because of this, so it wouldn't be anything new, more than that he'd get it off his shoulders and I'm suremany would sympathize with some of what he's got to say as well.

I hope he'll do it one day. :thumbsup:

You wasted your money of the Stephen Davis book it;s crap and mostly all bullshit. Izzy will never put out a book but Axl because he has so much on his mind may someday put one out. I think he would have a lot less shit to carry on his shoulders if he did.

you are right as Davis shoddy reporting freakin' guessing at stuff and quoting Kerrang! is a bad read. I am gulity as charged as I was specifically looking for yours as it has a ton of photos and settled for Davis' who wrote Hammer of the Gods which Slash said in his book saying he read it and it sounds made up

yeah, thanks marc! you're an awesome dude to make this effort for the forum. a few years ago, my band played all of appetite for destruction in los angeles. you came out to that show and shared pictures and stories with everyone who was there. it was super cool of you. i'm just about finished with my band's album. and when it's done, i'm going to drop off a copy at your deli.

• 3 weeks later...

got some more unreleased stuff off the internet over the weekend:

"The Roots of Guns & Roses"

Hollywood Rose

8 tracks, 3 dudes on cover look like some bleach blonde dude and a very young Axl and Izzy.

the following tracks sound like they were recoded in a studio as demos

1) Anything Goes

2) Rocker

3) Never Enough

4) Anything Goes (again)

5) Shadow of Your Love

6) Indiana Ain't My Kinda Town

7) Your Looks are Gone

8) Killing Time (original Demo version)

2 unreleased tracks sounds like it was recorded at a studio as demos, very raw

Hollywood Rose

1) Wreckless Life (working title: Wreckless)

2 Shadow of Your Love

Rose 1981 Demos (color photo blonde dude Duff? playing a red flying V, Izzy in white shirt with black guitar, Axl red/black flannel shirt with t - shirt with something written on it and blue jeans, guy with black hair light blue shirt unbuttoned cropped out of photo, Slash?

these 4 below grabbed at www.viamusical.net 1981? wow is there anything available eariler???

1) My Way Your Way

2) Shadow of Your Love

3) Wreckless Life

4) Taxi Driver

LA Guns (sounds like the last of a chronological order, very tight and polished)

1) Sex Action

2) Electric Gypsy

3) One More Reason (Live)

4) Bitch is Back (Live)

5) The Ballad of Jayne (Live)

6) Rip and Tear

7) Never Enough

8) Kiss My Love Goodbye

All of this stuff, Hollywood Rose and LA Guns above was labeled as the roots of G&R

Marc , since you were there can you shed some light on these 4 different recordings?

LA Guns sounds like a professional recorded and released album

I am guessing that was the last of these 4 recordings

Do you know who was with each band at the time?

I try to make sure I have all the original 5's stuff anyway I can get it, obviously.

Thanks for taking the time to deal with all of us diehard fans!

We appreciate you Marc!

got some more unreleased stuff off the internet over the weekend:

"The Roots of Guns & Roses"

Hollywood Rose

8 tracks, 3 dudes on cover look like some bleach blonde dude and a very young Axl and Izzy.

the following tracks sound like they were recoded in a studio as demos

1) Anything Goes

2) Rocker

3) Never Enough

4) Anything Goes (again)

5) Shadow of Your Love

6) Indiana Ain't My Kinda Town

7) Your Looks are Gone

8) Killing Time (original Demo version)

2 unreleased tracks sounds like it was recorded at a studio as demos, very raw

Hollywood Rose

1) Wreckless Life (working title: Wreckless)

2 Shadow of Your Love

Rose 1981 Demos (color photo blonde dude Duff? playing a red flying V, Izzy in white shirt with black guitar, Axl red/black flannel shirt with t - shirt with something written on it and blue jeans, guy with black hair light blue shirt unbuttoned cropped out of photo, Slash?

these 4 below grabbed at www.viamusical.net 1981? wow is there anything available eariler???

1) My Way Your Way

2) Shadow of Your Love

3) Wreckless Life

4) Taxi Driver

LA Guns (sounds like the last of a chronological order, very tight and polished)

1) Sex Action

2) Electric Gypsy

3) One More Reason (Live)

4) Bitch is Back (Live)

5) The Ballad of Jayne (Live)

6) Rip and Tear

7) Never Enough

8) Kiss My Love Goodbye

All of this stuff, Hollywood Rose and LA Guns above was labeled as the roots of G&R

Marc , since you were there can you shed some light on these 4 different recordings?

LA Guns sounds like a professional recorded and released album

I am guessing that was the last of these 4 recordings

Do you know who was with each band at the time?

I try to make sure I have all the original 5's stuff anyway I can get it, obviously.

Thanks for taking the time to deal with all of us diehard fans!

We appreciate you Marc!

sorry Marc, its me babbling again...

I also found something called Guns and Roses (Bootleg) (1981-1983)

Titled:

"Hollywood Roses Rehearsal" (16:42 in length)

sounds like it was recorded at one of LA's nightclubs

nice garage band feel, very raw, yet very tight and melodic!

their voices in between songs and jams sound like a bunch of kids, duh, they were!

they are discussing how to play and all the sounds and it is the most bitching thing I have ever heard.

it literally brings the listener in and I feel like a fly on the wall and am honored to be there

mostly its just an instrumental jam as I did not recognize the song played, not great quality as it was very early 80s

this is epic! just imagine being there and Axl wanted to know when I come and and when the bass comes in, etc. I heard a chick's voice too, Christy? who is Christy? ("when you come in")

"come in on the second one, the third one, the fourth one" Axl

"ready John?" Axl

this maybe although not the best G&R, my favorite! behind the scenes at a G&R practice? thats like the coolest thing ever!

recording just ends at 16:42 like someone pulled the plug out of the wall

once again I will rely on Marc's expertise and hopefully you can shed some light on this

Thank you Marc for your time and efforts as it is greatly appreciated by us diehard G&R fans!

I don't think Axl had anything to do with the the LA. Guns stuff. He was only in that band for a short time and did different songs than those. Indiana Ain't My Kinda Town I thought was something made up on the spot or something they were working on in Nov 1985. So now I know it was an ols Rose/ Hollywood song. The rest is Just some older Rose demos. It cool that you found that stuff.

I don't think Axl had anything to do with the the LA. Guns stuff. He was only in that band for a short time and did different songs than those. Indiana Ain't My Kinda Town I thought was something made up on the spot or something they were working on in Nov 1985. So now I know it was an ols Rose/ Hollywood song. The rest is Just some older Rose demos. It cool that you found that stuff.

Sorry as I should have listened to LA Guns first as it definitely was not Axl singing.

I hear the intro to Killing Time

"Killing Time , take one" sounds like an English chap!

very surprised this did not ever get released becasue it kicks ass and everyone sounds great especially Axl!

I think it is very cool that you can determine this is from Nov 1985

Indiana sounds like it was recorderd with an audience in the single digits and they started a Mama Kin riff at the beginning, and like you said , kind of ad libbed and did this on the spot. Axl really puts some soul into it too really screaming. At the end of it he says the next song we will do is Heartbreak Hotel. WTF? sounds like no one is there! lol

Thanks Marc I think it is great we have you here to be the authority for us on all of these rare recordings.

I will see what else I can find this weekend!