Launch of the new MYGNRFORUM

highvoltage

Hey Everyone!

After many weeks of discussion, debate and hard work by the forum's staff, we are finally revealing the all new, revamped MYGNRFORUM!

We have tried to condense and streamline the forum by removing/merging the least-used sections and adding new ones where we felt they were most needed.

Highlights of the restructure include:

• The ATTITUDE section, a place for the more "controversial" or heated topics to live. It is hoped that the introduction of this forum will help keep the main section "cleaner" for members that do not wish to participate in these kinds of discussion. Not for the faint-hearted, enter at your own risk..!
  • The CANTER BANTER section, for Q+A with the one and only Marc Canter! This section sees Marc join the MYGNRFORUM staff as a mod of this section. More details here. Pretty excited to see what you guys come up with!
  • The Past Concerts section has been overhauled with the subsections removed. From now on, future concert threads (for updates/reviews) go into the main discussion section and will be moved to Past Concerts after the conclusion of the show.
  • We've revamped the Former Gunners section into two areas, the new HALL OF FAME section, for discussion of the "Classic" era of GN'R with subsections for each member of the AFD lineup. This goes alongside the new FORMER GUNNERS (1985 - 2006) for discussion of former members outside their time in GN'R
  • We've decided to re-introduce the INTERNATIONAL forum as part of the restructure. We have condensed this and concentrated on two subsections, within two separated forums. We're particularly excited to reconnect to members who may have migrated elsewhere since these sections were dispersed and also to introduce new members to these sections -- I'm sure you'll join us in welcoming all members to the INTERNATIONAL forums as we continue to grow and develop our global network.

For a detailed list of the purpose of each section, please see here - thanks to Zint for helping write them all out.

Special thanks to all members of the mod team for helping out in so many ways.

A new forum skin is on the roadmap as well as an exciting interview exclusive to MYGNRFORUM on the way!

Thanks, please send an admin a PM or post here if there are any issues!

HV, Subsy and the Mod Squad

We've revamped the Former Gunners section into two areas, the new HALL OF FAME section, for discussion of the "Classic" era of GN'R with subsections for each member of the AFD lineup. This goes alongside the new FORMER GUNNERS (1985 - 2006) for discussion of former members outside their time in GN'R

Does this mean we can discuss former members in D&N as long as it's related to their time in Guns? If so I will gladly bear your children! :lol:

We've revamped the Former Gunners section into two areas, the new HALL OF FAME section, for discussion of the "Classic" era of GN'R with subsections for each member of the AFD lineup. This goes alongside the new FORMER GUNNERS (1985 - 2006) for discussion of former members outside their time in GN'R

Does this mean we can discuss former members in D&N as long as it's related to their time in Guns? If so I will gladly bear your children! :lol:

Only for the post 2001 lineup - and only about their time in GN'R.

Other former members (ie, Matt) would go in THE BAND under HALL OF FAME

So no Slash or Duff? How are they any less relevant than Robin or Paul Tobias? Surely if it's actual GnR discussion it should be in D&N? Anyway it's a minor quibble. :)

Guest Satanisk_Slakt

Attitude seems promising. It should be put up in front of the D&N section, so more people see it.

I like it.

Edit: No Swedish section this time either. <_<

Edited by Satanisk_Slakt

I liked the idea of the International section back! But just a little observation, you posted Noticias y debates de La guns n roses in the spanish section and you should ommit the "la" ;)

Thanks! I had to use Google Translate! :lol:

that's strange,we can talk about Chris Pitt whoever but not Izzy.

Sorry? I think you might be misunderstanding something...

So no Slash or Duff? How are they any less relevant than Robin or Paul Tobias? Surely if it's actual GnR discussion it should be in D&N? Anyway it's a minor quibble. :)

Because Discussion and News is essentially still as it always was - a section for the "current" era of GN'R.

We've tried to make the HALL OF FAME section more prominent than Former Gunners ever was in terms of where to discuss Slash and Duff.. :)

Thanks guys, really proud of the way it turned out and really appreciative of all the efforts of mods who took so much time and effort offering their opinions and assisting with this. Was a huge task!

Still plenty more on the roadmap in the coming days/weeks/months! Keep your eyes peeled for this interview... I think a few of you will be surprised to see who it's with!

We've tried to make the HALL OF FAME section more prominent than Former Gunners ever was in terms of where to discuss Slash and Duff.. :)

Damn you and your convict logic!!!!!!

*stamps feet, eats furniture and storms off!" <_<

Guest Gunns

eats furniture and storms off!" <_<

it wouldn't be the first time you ate wood, ya pom!

Damn you and your convict logic!!!!!!

*stamps feet, eats furniture and storms off!" <_<

You can still bear his children. :tongue2:

You can still bear his children. :tongue2:

Bugger off you..........................

What the fuck is a racial insult for a Canadian anyway? Damn you! Fuck you all to hell!!!! <_<

Edited by Dazey

• The CANTER BANTER section, for Q+A with the one and only Marc Canter! This section sees Marc join the MYGNRFORUM staff as a mod of this section. More details Past Concerts section has been overhauled with the subsections removed. From now on, future concert threads (for updates/reviews) go into the main discussion section and will be moved to Past Concerts after the conclusion of the show.

:thumbsup:

^^^^^

I don't honestly know but we've got plans to further develop those sections -- i toyed with having them or not, then it seemed sensible to have 2 main ones (French and Spanish/Portuguese).

We'll look to further develop those section in the medium to long term as we're concentrating on other key issues at the moment that we feel will further benefit the forum and it's members -- In the short term, International mods and News Reporters will play a key role in those sections success.

Can I just personally thank the mods (and Gunsguy) for the discussions that have taken place -- At one stage i think I'm right in saying there were over 350 replies from start to finish (with around 7/8 people chatting), that gives you an idea of the effort that went in. I hope most enjoy the restructure, I am aware not everyone will be happy but i firmly believe it gives this forum the new life it needs and deserves.

Finally to Highvoltage, who has worked his ass off putting those changes in place (NB - he did them ALL, i didn't physically change one thing!), my main input was in the discussions.

Regardless of your opinion (and I'm happy to listen to them as long as they're specific and respectful) we ask you respect and embrace the changes for the benefit of our members.

ENJOY!

PS - LOADS more exciting updates will follow :)

It looks great! But my only thing is won't the international sections be pretty much dead?

i see subsy already responded to this, but i just wanted to point out that GN'R has a huge international fanbase and i think some of them would love to post here. it's just a matter of trying to gain the attention of those people and let them know it exists! i think that's why we're going to try and focus a little bit on the social aspect media once we've got everything more firmly settled. :)

BTW great job HV and Subs in the restructure, and thanks to all the mods for help in re-structuring everything - it was a pretty grueling task in retrospect but the place looks great and i haven't been this excited about the forum in a long time.

Did you really have to call it Canter Banter ? :lol:

Other then that, excellent, fresh and exciting.

Aww that name is awesome!!!

It's pretty shit how i came up with it -- was flicking through my sky channels last week and saw it, ha!

I was like "whoaaa, Canter Banter, ohhh yeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa"B)