Welcome to mygnrforum.com Guns N' Roses Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

Launch of the new MYGNRFORUM

• Please log in to reply
41 replies to this topic

highvoltage

highvoltage

(☞゚ヮ゚)☞

• Supporters
  • 19,837 posts
  • 01-September 04
Hey Everyone!

After many weeks of discussion, debate and hard work by the forum's staff, we are finally revealing the all new, revamped MYGNRFORUM!

We have tried to condense and streamline the forum by removing/merging the least-used sections and adding new ones where we felt they were most needed.

Highlights of the restructure include:

• The ATTITUDE section, a place for the more "controversial" or heated topics to live. It is hoped that the introduction of this forum will help keep the main section "cleaner" for members that do not wish to participate in these kinds of discussion. Not for the faint-hearted, enter at your own risk..!
  • The CANTER BANTER section, for Q+A with the one and only Marc Canter! This section sees Marc join the MYGNRFORUM staff as a mod of this section. More details Past Concerts section has been overhauled with the subsections removed. From now on, future concert threads (for updates/reviews) go into the main discussion section and will be moved to Past Concerts after the conclusion of the show.
  • We've revamped the Former Gunners section into two areas, the new HALL OF FAME section, for discussion of the "Classic" era of GN'R with subsections for each member of the AFD lineup. This goes alongside the new FORMER GUNNERS (1985 - 2006) for discussion of former members outside their time in GN'R
  • We've decided to re-introduce the INTERNATIONAL forum as part of the restructure. We have condensed this and concentrated on two subsections, within two separated forums. We're particularly excited to reconnect to members who may have migrated elsewhere since these sections were dispersed and also to introduce new members to these sections -- I'm sure you'll join us in welcoming all members to the INTERNATIONAL forums as we continue to grow and develop our global network.

For a detailed list of the purpose of each section, please see here - thanks to Zint for helping write them all out.

Special thanks to all members of the mod team for helping out in so many ways.

A new forum skin is on the roadmap as well as an exciting interview exclusive to MYGNRFORUM on the way!

Thanks, please send an admin a PM or post here if there are any issues!

HV, Subsy and the Mod Squad

i ninja edit 99% of my posts.

highvoltage

highvoltage

(☞゚ヮ゚)☞

• Supporters
  • 19,837 posts
  • 01-September 04
Also, please follow us on Twitter and like us on Facebook

A competition is now running with a prize to be won once we hit 500 likes!

***Placeholder for Subsy***

Sorry TH, had to delete your post... :P

Tater Totts

Tater Totts

Tater Totts

• Supporters
  • 12,376 posts
  • 22-November 08
No worries HV, exciting times for the forum indeed!

6lfBCJD.jpg

Dazey

Dazey

Redcoat Bastard!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,304 posts
  • 25-November 02

We've revamped the Former Gunners section into two areas, the new HALL OF FAME section, for discussion of the "Classic" era of GN'R with subsections for each member of the AFD lineup. This goes alongside the new FORMER GUNNERS (1985 - 2006) for discussion of former members outside their time in GN'R

Does this mean we can discuss former members in D&N as long as it's related to their time in Guns? If so I will gladly bear your children! :lol:

HV's Current Shit-list: Black Sabbath, Broskirose, Skype Crew (except Graeme), Miser, wfse and Dazey. Especially Dazey...

highvoltage

highvoltage

(☞゚ヮ゚)☞

• Supporters
  • 19,837 posts
  • 01-September 04

We've revamped the Former Gunners section into two areas, the new HALL OF FAME section, for discussion of the "Classic" era of GN'R with subsections for each member of the AFD lineup. This goes alongside the new FORMER GUNNERS (1985 - 2006) for discussion of former members outside their time in GN'R

Does this mean we can discuss former members in D&N as long as it's related to their time in Guns? If so I will gladly bear your children! :lol:

Only for the post 2001 lineup - and only about their time in GN'R.

Other former members (ie, Matt) would go in THE BAND under HALL OF FAME

Dazey

Dazey

Redcoat Bastard!

• Members
  • 16,304 posts
  • 25-November 02

So no Slash or Duff? How are they any less relevant than Robin or Paul Tobias? Surely if it's actual GnR discussion it should be in D&N? Anyway it's a minor quibble. :)

HV's Current Shit-list: Black Sabbath, Broskirose, Skype Crew (except Graeme), Miser, wfse and Dazey. Especially Dazey...

Guest_Satanisk_Slakt_*

Guest_Satanisk_Slakt_*
  • Guests
  • --
Attitude seems promising. It should be put up in front of the D&N section, so more people see it.

I like it.

Edit: No Swedish section this time either. <_<

Edited by Satanisk_Slakt, 08 July 2012 - 08:21 AM.

November_rain

November_rain

FRONTMAN

• Returned
  • 6,193 posts
  • 26-February 03
I liked the idea of the International section back! But just a little observation, you posted Noticias y debates de La guns n roses in the spanish section and you should ommit the "la" ;)

Edited by November_rain, 08 July 2012 - 08:21 AM.

GANSES ROUSES.

Dazey

Dazey

Redcoat Bastard!

• Members
  • 16,304 posts
  • 25-November 02

Edit: No Swedish section this time either. <_<

You must have missed it. It's there under the bender's section. ;)

stumbleine

stumbleine

DEMI-GOD

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,090 posts
  • 02-April 12
that's strange,we can talk about Chris Pitt whoever but not Izzy.

highvoltage

highvoltage

(☞゚ヮ゚)☞

• Supporters
  • 19,837 posts
  • 01-September 04

I liked the idea of the International section back! But just a little observation, you posted Noticias y debates de La guns n roses in the spanish section and you should ommit the "la" ;)

Thanks! I had to use Google Translate! :lol:

that's strange,we can talk about Chris Pitt whoever but not Izzy.

Sorry? I think you might be misunderstanding something...

So no Slash or Duff? How are they any less relevant than Robin or Paul Tobias? Surely if it's actual GnR discussion it should be in D&N? Anyway it's a minor quibble. :)

Because Discussion and News is essentially still as it always was - a section for the "current" era of GN'R.

We've tried to make the HALL OF FAME section more prominent than Former Gunners ever was in terms of where to discuss Slash and Duff.. :)

Gunns

Gunns

and dont you forget it!

• Members
  • 9,332 posts
  • 12-December 08
I think it makes logical sense, great work to the staff team once again rock1

Evaderific_zpsde849811.png

In Evaders name - Amen.

The Sandman

The Sandman

King of Wishful Thinking

• Supporters
  • 26,354 posts
  • 26-September 05
Looks good to me chaps!
Posted Image

highvoltage

highvoltage

(☞゚ヮ゚)☞

• Supporters
  • 19,837 posts
  • 01-September 04
Thanks guys, really proud of the way it turned out and really appreciative of all the efforts of mods who took so much time and effort offering their opinions and assisting with this. Was a huge task!

Still plenty more on the roadmap in the coming days/weeks/months! Keep your eyes peeled for this interview... I think a few of you will be surprised to see who it's with!

Dazey

Dazey

Redcoat Bastard!

• Members
  • 16,304 posts
  • 25-November 02

We've tried to make the HALL OF FAME section more prominent than Former Gunners ever was in terms of where to discuss Slash and Duff.. :)

Damn you and your convict logic!!!!!!

*stamps feet, eats furniture and storms off!" <_<

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users