"By The Sword" appreciation thread

UK SUBS

Great thread SUBS and one of Slash's best works in or out of Guns. Stockdale's wails leading into that amazing solo is just incredible.

I really want to hear these 2 collaborate again to see if their chemistry is as immense as it seems on that 1 track. Personally, I'd have loved to see Stockdale front VR just based on BTS.

Killer live version:

Edited by Turn_It_Up

I think this is one of the great rock songs to come out since UYI's. Stockdale does an amazing job and Slash's riffs are hard rock it's best. They lyrics are also great. What an amazing rock song. Stockdale really belts this one out. Definately my favorite song on Slash's solo album. This along with Slither and FTP are some of Slash's best works.

I think this is one of the great rock songs to come out since UYI's. Stockdale does an amazing job and Slash's riffs are hard rock it's best. They lyrics are also great. What an amazing rock song. Stockdale really belts this one out. Definately my favorite song on Slash's solo album. This along with Slither and FTP are some of Slash's best works.

Awesome song. I still think Stockdale would have been a better choice than Myles. There are some very Zeppelinesque moments in this song.

I love this song and it it also great live!

Sort of OT but I thought Slash hated music videos. There are some great ones from both VR and Slash (this one and Gotten). Or was it just the dolphins that he hated?

Nah, Slash said he hates that whole process. He doesn't like to do music videos.

Here's a clip of him playing the riff a couple years before the song was released. Love stuff like this.

Personally, I don't like the studio mix. Always sounded better (bigger?) live, particularly the solo, which is way too muddy and compressed on the record.

-Kickingthehabit

I miss that tone. What a heavy fuckin' sound. His current tone sucks balls.

Andrew Stockdale is my FAVORITE MUSICIAN from the 2000's. Everything this man does is pure gold. Wolfmother one of my top 5 bands and Cosmonaut is my second favorite song by any band. It's no surprise THE best Slash album song, imo, has Stockdale as the lead singer. Wouldn't want him to join VR or tour with Slash, though. It'd damage Wolfmother too much. I prefer him there.But it genuinely makes me happy to see him work with Slash and even more to see Slash's fan base loved the tune. WOLFMOTHER RULEZZZ!! :headbang:

Edited by The Only Cosmonaut