Welcome to mygnrforum.com Guns N' Roses Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

Ever wanted to have professional sheet music to play GNR songs on the piano?

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

Towelie

Towelie

GOD

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,297 posts
  • 01-February 10
I would love to play songs like 14 Years, Breakdown and Catcher In The Rye on the piano exactly as it sounds on the record.

I'm sure a lot of you are familiar with Vika Yermolyeva, who has got a bit of a cult following online for her awesome piano covers of rock and metal bands, including GNR.

On her site, she says she will create sheet music for 90 euros. She's already done brilliant piano sheet music for November Rain, This I Love, Street Of Dreams, Estranged and SCOM. I was thinking, if enough of us are interested, perhaps a group of us could club together to get her to do some sheet music for other GNR songs??

Any takers?? PM me if you're interested and prepared to contribute.

If you haven't heard of her yet, you might wanna check out these Youtube clips to see what I'm talking about:

Edited by Towelie, 09 July 2012 - 06:20 AM.

revivalband

revivalband

• Members
  • Pip
  • 29 posts
  • 27-August 05
Hell yes!

I bought this stuff:
Posted Image
Guns N' Roses - Selections From Use Your Illusion I & II
(Estranged included!)

Posted Image
Best of Guns N' Roses (Piano/Vocal/Guitar)

Towelie

Towelie

GOD

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,297 posts
  • 01-February 10
^^ Those Piano/Vocal/Guitar books are simplified and sound nothing like the piano on the record.

Vika's sheet music is much better (and much harder to play).

RNRS

RNRS

Full

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 382 posts
  • 14-April 05
Does the sheet music come with the amount of acted feeling as shown on the YouTube video?

Towelie

Towelie

GOD

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,297 posts
  • 01-February 10

Does the sheet music come with the amount of acted feeling as shown on the YouTube video?

wtf?

GNRSkidRow1

GNRSkidRow1

FRONTMAN

• Supporters
  • 8,735 posts
  • 12-January 05
I have sheet music for all the songs you listed... They're in officially released sheet music books.

sig-2.png
5-12-06/5-17-06/11-10-06/11-17-11/11-26-11/2-12-12/2-15-12/2-27-12/6-6-13/6-8-13/5-13-14

downzy

downzy

SUPER GOD

• Supporters
  • 3,486 posts
  • 18-February 06

^^ Those Piano/Vocal/Guitar books are simplified and sound nothing like the piano on the record.

Vika's sheet music is much better (and much harder to play).

If you know how to play, you simply need to know the chords and can fill in the rest yourself. Vika does this with November Rain, though in several spots she adds some string parts to the piano parts. I wouldn't say this is a carbon copy with how Axl plays the piano (his style is much more akin to Elton John who lets the piano act more like a percussion instrument and rarely includes the melody into his piano parts). Vika's renditions are far prettier than what you'd hear if you could strip the song down to just Axl's playing parts so it might be worth purchasing if you want to play a jazzier version than what's being officially published.

Cheers,

Andrew

The Sandman

The Sandman

King of Wishful Thinking

• Supporters
  • 26,352 posts
  • 26-September 05

I have sheet music for all the songs you listed... They're in officially released sheet music books.

Care for a link? I thought there was a Tab one and Vocals/Piano for Chi Dem but I can't find them currently?
Posted Image

zepsun

zepsun

Senior

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 806 posts
  • 15-November 02
I'm kind of a purist, and I don't like it when I see piano players (especially classically trained ones) playing GNR songs in the wrong key. Most guitar players know GNR tunes in flat (at least all but one song before '94). I cringe a little when I see people play November Rain in Cb major. Mostly it's because they only read music and never bothered to see what the composer is actually doing at a concert or in a video. I used to pitch shift the MP3 up to standard to learn the proper keys/fingers. Axl has his piano tuned 1/2 step down in concert and on albums. If you're reading the sheet music of vkgoeswild, it's actually wrong. Axl and Dizzy don't play it that way.
I don't give a fuck 'bout them cause I am crazy.

Kill Devil Hill

Kill Devil Hill

SUPER GOD

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,194 posts
  • 14-July 11
She's the one who does the killer Sign of the Cross piano, right?

In regards to Slash, I read a desperate fan's message about, what if one of us were to die and looking back I had the possibility of a reunion now, blah blah blah. And my thoughts are, "Yeah, and while you're at the show your baby accidentally kicks a candle and burns your house down, killing himself and the rest of your family."

Nosaj Thing

Nosaj Thing

最期の終止符

• Supporters
  • 14,073 posts
  • 28-January 11
Would love to learn how to play the Locomotive piano/keyboards outro.

qlq4.jpg

Goddamn it! Fuckin' Game of Thrones, man.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users