Guns N' Roses - 2002 Vma - Rehearsal - New Clip - MyGnR Exclusive

Guns-10years

the few people that have contacted me wanting to trade songs since I posted this thread musn't have seen the footage either?

The GN'R world is full of people over playing their hand trying to get something "hoarded" from someone else. So if people forgot that footage had been shown previously and started claiming they have unreleased songs to trade for it, it would not shock me at all.

Also-

I fully understand you're not and never did ask for donations but I want to state two things.

1) I'm interested in the actual rehearsal footage enough to where I'd chip in on it

2) Darknemus went out of his way to refund a ton of money on that whole Hammerstein (which was 06, not 02 btw) to anyone and everyone who claimed to be burned.

the few people that have contacted me wanting to trade songs since I posted this thread musn't have seen the footage either?

whoooooo hold up!!! TRADE SONGS did these fuckers mention titles? man I cant believe people have songs and won't share the love to the MYGNR Forum shame, GREED take's over!! peace out!

Regardless of what people say I think the house of blues DVD is a myth, or look at it another way, isn't EVERY GNR concert been recorded pro shot since the illusion days? I'm sure they are not just filmed for the screens.

I wouldn't give any hoarder the light of day with my money and I don't think anyone else should either. Why should someone else make money from GNR? Lowest of the low.

morris -

the difference is that HOB was actually set to be released with an announced release date, pre-orders, etc. before ultimately getting cancelled. it seems possible that someone in the editing or manufacturing stage could have snagged a copy somehow.

Didn't Axl deny any knowledge of this in the axl chats?

If Axl or Team Brazil check out the boards, topics like this should be the coffee and small of bacon that wakes them up.

Fans are freaking out over a 5 second recording where Axl sounds absolutely terrible. And they are willing to pay cash money for rehearsal footage. We have seen every song on YouTube 2000 times. But people are willing to pay for rehearsal footage of three old songs!!!

Now imagine what fans would pay for.......box set anybody? Leftover CD songs, remix songs, re-recorded appetite, live album, acoustic album, footage of the band - on stage and off stage....

Or release an EP for Christmas, 4 new songs, 4 acoustic versions (catcher, Twat, better and one of the slow songs) and them a double album next summer. One featuri ng the best 15 remaining CD leftovers/big guns, and one featuring songs created by the new band. So simple.

MLS claims the last album sold over 5 million copies. There is a huge market for this band. Fans are craving new music. There is no reason to wait 8 years I'm between albums. The more music this band releases, the more it shuts up all the Axl haters, and allows this band to earn a spot in GnR history.

Everybody wins. Axl, the band, the label, the fans.

Guest NewGNRnOldGNR

Wow, that was an anti-climax. I feel like I've witnessed an actual millisecond. I would rather heard one word or note from an unreleased track. We shouldn't attach Grail like status to these files no more (unless it's actual new tracks or related files); the cunts with them should choose to release.

Guest NewGNRnOldGNR

Two different sentences:

"As MSL stated in the thread earlier, the footage you posted isn't new."

and

"It's been posted on YouTube previously off and on for years"

both of which are very true.

You're mistaken I think. I don't believe this millisecond clip of an otherwise rare specimen has been publicly available... until now. I don't personally feel enhanced anyway, irrespective of the debate regarding its authenticity.

looking back ... visually axl was much cooler than now, but not only that ... the band was a solid squad with bucket ... 10 years ... axl at that point could and should have produced much more than he did. waste of time is what stands out most of that period until today.

If Axl or Team Brazil check out the boards, topics like this should be the coffee and small of bacon that wakes them up.

Fans are freaking out over a 5 second recording where Axl sounds absolutely terrible. And they are willing to pay cash money for rehearsal footage. We have seen every song on YouTube 2000 times. But people are willing to pay for rehearsal footage of three old songs!!!

Now imagine what fans would pay for.......box set anybody? Leftover CD songs, remix songs, re-recorded appetite, live album, acoustic album, footage of the band - on stage and off stage....

Or release an EP for Christmas, 4 new songs, 4 acoustic versions (catcher, Twat, better and one of the slow songs) and them a double album next summer. One featuri ng the best 15 remaining CD leftovers/big guns, and one featuring songs created by the new band. So simple.

MLS claims the last album sold over 5 million copies. There is a huge market for this band. Fans are craving new music. There is no reason to wait 8 years I'm between albums. The more music this band releases, the more it shuts up all the Axl haters, and allows this band to earn a spot in GnR history.

Everybody wins. Axl, the band, the label, the fans.

I couldn't agree more.

There's A TON of unreleased Elvis footage stuff that Graceland/EPE Enterprises will never release commercially for a bunch of reasons. They could make a K I L L I N G from Elvis fans who would pay a ton for any of it and they just keep refusing to do it.

Two quick things;

1 - Thank you for posting it, 30 seconds or not i think it was really cool to see and I've always been really interested to see this 40 minute rehearsal in full.

2 - mygnrforum did not know this was going to be posted and have not endorsed this in any shape way or form, period. I do however recognise and acknowledge mygnrforum has been mentioned purely in relation to the OP's excitement with the new takeover and wanting this GNR forum to be the one it was released first - again, 30 seconds or not - the intention was good and genuine.

One thing that appears not to have been noted already is that this clip doesn't appear to be a 'direct rip' i.e recorded from source, but instead a recording of a monitor. The other rehearsal clip I'm seen seems much better quality.

This one is poor quality, I wouldn't be that excited over a recorded from monitor clip.

One thing that appears not to have been noted already is that this clip doesn't appear to be a 'direct rip' i.e recorded from source, but instead a recording of a monitor. The other rehearsal clip I'm seen seems much better quality.

This one is poor quality, I wouldn't be that excited over a recorded from monitor clip.

I just assumed that it was a DVD, and whoever had it recorded it playing on their TV instead of ripping the DVD.

I tried emailing the guy Scott who has this on dvd, the person who is still hoarding it at this email.

gunnervelvet@yahoo. The email has been disconnected. No point in caring about this dvd now since their is no way to get it.

I'm looking forward to the Rapidfire demos that are coming out soon anyway.

Why dont we collect money from forum members, give it to one of the moderators and try to buy the hole thing....100 dollars donations from me rock3

I would defently help out if something like this was arranged. Not a bad ide at all.

rock3 Add another 100 dollars to the charity hat! rock3

Edited by ROFLFOOT