Guns N' Roses - 2002 Vma - Rehearsal - New Clip - MyGnR Exclusive

Guns-10years

I always got the impression that Axl was alot more volatile back in them days, certainly compared to now. :book:

As for paying for this? Naaaaah. Where did the 40 mins 'behind the scenes' footage story come from? I bet if it exists, its them standing on stage having a really mundane soundcheck, and not some sort of dressing room exposé, that everyone is hoping for.

I heard that Buckethead is unmasked and chatting to Brain about every single unreleased track in great detail while Axl can be heard in background telling someone the story behind each one!!!

Sure.... :takethat:

Awsome pics gunsguy, and a good tought of you uploading for free if you got your hands on it. But as Riddick mentions here 1200dollars is nothing. I would also be abel to pay for that show on my very own..

Tought it was way more expensive then that, like 5figs.

I remember there was a thread a year ago or so, where a guy tried to sell it. Obviously some people on the board should know how to contact the guy, or having a story how he wantet to sell it , for how much and so on. It may be possible to find the thread...but i dont remember exactly when this was. Think it was when rehearsel of Madagascar was posted. Help, anyone?

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Guns N' Roses - 2002 VMA REHEARSALS - SHORT CLIP OF JUNGLE

axlroserehearsal.jpgaxlvma.jpg

image640x480.jpg

Guns N' Roses - 10 years

VMA 2002 Rehearals

short and sweet clip

*Please respect my anonymity.*

Looking at Axl's dress sense, big boots, oversized top, pink hat, odd odd hair, baggy leather pants.. makes you wonder where Axl's mind was at. After all the hardwork working on the music, it was like the fashion side of things hadn't been given any thought.

Edited by vaida

• 10 months later...

Can't believe it's been 11 years since that performance and we only got one album out of that whole clusterfuck.

At least the album is great. (in my opinion anyway) but I think it was Slash who said 'no album is worth waiting 10 years for'.

I see it as a bigger problem: For Axl it's not a one time thing. Every release of an album is difficult and it's never easy for him to just let it go.

Even if you look back to UYI, the rest of the band had to put pressure on him so he'll just release it.

Maybe it's his unrealistic expectations from the record company and big enough promotion budget, but I feel like it could also be his lack of confidence and insecurities and the meaning attached to this band, it's name, and what he thinks will be good enough and how it will reflect his talent, image, and position as a musician.

That's a lot to overcome when you think how natural the process of creating and releasing music can be. At least natural compared to how it's done in Gn'R land. But I like the music so I'm on board.

Edited by Rovim

I remember how Jimmy Fallon was wearing that AFD shirt and jumping around like a little girl, so excited "Guns n Roses is back!"

And I'm willing to be Jimmy couldn't even name one of those guys aside from Axl. GNR my ass.

People were excited because they thought Axl would do what he did in the end of the 80's and the early 90's. They (we) were so wrong...

The idea of doing a medley of 3 songs (2 from Appetite) was a bad idea also... If he wanted to show how the band played the old songs just do a little intro, and then a new song in full. It was almost 10 years since the end of the Illusion tour.. you don't come back and play old songs, play a new one!